These are the Dog Days and I find myself thinking about next year… what do the Dodgers need? A catcher is at the top of the list as the Dodgers catchers have been M.I.A. this year and then I look at the list that is available and the only one I see who makes a lick of sense of Russ Martin and then I slap myself and say “Wake Up, you Moron… this season isn’t over yet.”
Yeah, that’s right! The Dodgers have 30 games to go and I guess that is where is gets sticky, because you never know what you are going to get with this team due to aging players and injuries. Here are some things that make what happens something we cannot predict:
- Can Hanley Ramirez stay healthy, regain his MVP Stroke and field his position at least on a semi-average basis?
- Will Carl Crawford stay healthy… because if he is, then he will hit?
- Could Juan Uribe be out the rest of the season or could he the player he was before his latest hamstring problem?
- Will Matt Kemp stay healthy… Period?
- What’s with Puig? Why the loss of power? Will he kill himself in the field or the base paths or will he get it going again?
- Can the Dodgers even get a little bit of production out of the catching position?
- Is Greinke OK or will he have arm issues the rest of season?
- Will Ryu come back strong or will this be a nagging injury?
- Which Brian Wilson will we see in September?
- Will some rookies make an impact in September?
There are just too many questions to even know what might happen, which is why I wonder about Russ Martin and if Crawford and Ethier might be traded in the off season? Will they sign Hanley and trade Juan? Who knows?
Hey, how about Andre Ethier (if he clears waivers, and he will) and $15 million to the Mets for Bartolo Colon? Think about it….
Oh, I wrote this in the AM and forgot to post it…. YAWN!!!