There can be no other explanation for what happened last night.  I wrote this yesterday:  “Dan Haren pitches tonight.  God Help Us!”  So, the Big Dodger in the Sky says, “I’ll teach that stupid Timmons a thing or two,” and Dan Haren proceeds to flirt with a perfect game.

Tommy Lasorda said it best: “The only Angels in Los Angeles are in Heaven, and they’re looking down on the Dodgers.”  They had to be last night!  Dan Haren saved his sport in the rotation and most likely, his roster spot, but it might cost the Dodgers $10 million dollars if he keeps it up.  If he had another lousey outing last night, there was a chance he could have been DFA’ed.  It’s no longer an issue… at least for 2 or 3 more starts.  It was another huge win.

Rants & Raves

• Who says Justin Turner can’t keep up his hot hitting?  Not him!  He’s at .314!
  • Corey Seager was 2-4 with his first AA homerun.  He is working himself into the picture for next year.  He is hitting .339 at AA – no drop-off from moving up a level!
  • Is Chone Figgins really gone?  Maybe.   Maybe not!

americas-water-company

1. Watford Dodger says:

B17 – what a great game to choose. It was an electric atmosphere just watching it on TV.. Thought you lived in the Bay Area or have I got that wrong ?

2. bobbie17 says:

Waterford: I do live in the Bay Area and go to A’s games there. Once a year we go to the freeway series in Anaheim, not LA. Great, friendly place. Red and Blue all over. Baseball Disneyland. Do it again tonight. Hopefully the same result.

3. bobbie17 says:

On Haren: It seemed that he was just pecking around the strike zone all night with one thing or another. That crap he throws in the dirt was kept to a minimum, and mostly in waste pitch counts. He didn’t mention in change in approach, but he did say he has tried everything he can think of. I thought the second time through the lineup the Angels would catch up to him, but they did not. Most seem confused with what he was doing. Maybe it WAS the Great Dodger from Above.

4. Quasimodo says:

While I hadn’t seen all the games, the ones I have seen it seems Justin Turner plays at least part of. And his play isn’t quiet-he’s always in the mix of making noise and I’m on board and he’s on base! I can’t proclaim he’s ever gonna be a superstar, but from what I’m seeing he’ll be a superstar’s superstar. There’s never too many of them.

Turner a career year? Sure. Every player has one.

Haren back? Eh, not so sure. Good game.

midgets getting their engine back.

Big Dodger in the Sky? If there is such a thing, where’s he been foe the last 26 years?

Who would have throughout — at the beginning of a big series with the Angels — that between Kershaw, Greinke, and Haren — who would pitch the best game !!!!

Mark bet on Kershaw and lost big time. I bet on Greinke and lost some . . . But Haren won the deal — and maybe a continual deal.

Click Here to Leave a Reply