The Dodgers had three, count ‘em 3, Twenty Million Dollar “Blue Blood Hitters” in the lineup last night who combined, make more than the entire San Diego Padres team, and yet it was a JUNKYARD DOG who won the game for the Dodgers… that and a Blue Blooded Pitcher who plays like a Junkyard Dog.
In my world, being ordained as a “JUNKYARD DOG” is a compliment of the highest order, and Justin Turner has earned that moniker. In my opinion, the only Blue Blood worth his salary is The Mighty Kershaw who did what a Kershaw does last night (8 IP, 3 Hits, 10 K’s, 1 Run). Blue Bloods Gonzalez, Kemp and Crawford were 1-8 last night, but it was the Junkyard Dog Turner who went yard to win the game for Clayton.
Here’s the importance of Junkyarddogism: Last night’s come from behind win in the 8th inning was the Dodgers FIRST OF THE SEASON… up until last night they were 0-46 in those situations.
Rants & Raves
- Joc Pederson hit his 31st last night.
- Zach Lee – 5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 6 K’s as he pitched against Jair Jurrjens (6 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 6 K’s).
- Scott Schebler is a very interesting prospect. He’s worth watching.
- I know that Lee is not on the 40-Man Roster, but I think he deserves a shot, if only to confirm what I believe – that he’s no better than a Number 5!
- I also look for the Dodgers to try Matt Magill – his arm is fresh!
- This should be an interesting weekend – pitching-wise.