… with runners in scoring position. That has been the Dodgers dilemma for a few seasons. The Braves only scored 3 runs on 8 hits and two walks, while Dodgers squandered 11 hits and 4 walks while they scored only two runs. To say it is pathetic to fail to produce in 21 opportunities to drive in runners would be sugar-coating the reality of the situation. As a team, the Dodgers suck and choke when the game is on the line. There, I said it, and if you disagree then you are not getting the Dodger games on TV, because your eyes will convict them. They are sad bunch with runners in scoring position and the bases loaded. As a team they are dead last in Major League Baseball with the bases loaded. That’s not a team that will win a World Series!
When Matt Kemp came to bat in the ninth with the bases-loaded, all he had to do was hit a fly ball to plate a run ( The Dodgers had Darwin Barney on the bench last night. It seems to me that when you are down one run, you would put him in to run for Ethier. That could have made a difference, but I digress!), it’s that simple. No excuses! “It’s Craig Kimbrel!” No excuse – you just do it if you are not a choke artist! This team has had issues with this for years. What’s the constant? Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp! That’s all I have to say about it.
I haven’t looked up the stat, but someone said the Dodgers were like 0-43 when trailing after 7 innings. Maybe some with some more time than me can look it up. This kind of lack of production will bite the Dodgers in the playoffs! It is very disappointing.
Rants & Raves
- Carl Crawford has been playing like a man possessed, but, I just fear that every at bat is his last due to the next injury – call me crazy. Why would I think such a thing?
- Joc Pederson continues to hone his bad habit of a huge uppercut swing at Albuquerque. He hit #28 last night. It’s felony stupid to leave him there!
- Another TJ – Stephen Fife! Now we know what was wrong with him.
- Alex Guerrero played SS last night!
- So did Corey Seager who went 2-4 with 2 RBI’s.
- Darnell Sweeney committed his 32ed error last night with his cast-iron glove.
- Julio Urias – 5 IP, 1 Run, 1 BB, 9 K’s. ERA now 2.86. He might could see a couple of weeks at AA?
- Hopefully, Ryu isn’t injured badly, but I would not be surprised to see him miss a start or two. Let it heal and the fat boy needs the rest anyway. I might consider the DL just for rest purposes!
- Fausto goes again today – early!