There’s a really short answer to any questions about Carl Crawford and his ability to stay on the field: “We hope so.” Right now CC, looks better than at any other time as a Dodger. He looks like a middle-of-the-order hitter… shoot, I can see him hitting #3 in certain situations. The man is playing like he is possessed – let’s hope he can keep it up…. and keep healthy. I don’t want to jinx him, so that’s all I will say. I have never been a fan of The Trade, but if he can keep playing like this, he should be a huge asset!
Rants & Raves
- Kevin Correia bounced back after a bad first inning to pitch a credible game. It wasn’t a quality start, but what can you expect from your #7?
- Donnie, if you use Jamey Wright every 3 or 4 days, he will help you. Use him too much and he will hurt you. Write it down!
- Arr (I can’t spell Arruebarrena) should play every inning at SS the rest of the year. Rojas is great defensively, but Arrrr is “otherworldly.” Hanley? I don’t know.
- Justin Turner continues to be one of Ned’s best acquisitions.
- Brandon may be getting out of his League.
- Chris Reed’s AAA ERA is now nearing 13.00! Lord have mercy on his soul!
- FedEx needs another big time shot in September – the way he has been hitting.
- Corey Seager = .363 BA and 1.016 OPS – he also has 45 doubles and 24 stolen bases. The Dodgers can’t keep him down past early next season. Maybe he gets a September “Look – See.”
- As much as I hate to say it, Zach Greinke needs to go on the DL retroactive to his last start. Nip this thing in the bud, because if the Dodgers have any post-season hope, Greinke has to be healthy! DL him now and call up anyone. Tell Lee and Frias they can split a game – 4 innings each! Don’t mess with Zach’s arm!