More than a few Dodger fans would love to have Cole Hamels, and are bummed that the Dodgers didn’t try and trade for him before the deadline.   However,  if the Phillies were to put him on waivers, I believe the Giants would put in a claim for him since they are sans Matt Cain.  But if you really want Cole Hamels, then root for the Angels to sweep the Dodgers and root for the Giants to win.  That way the Dodgers can get a claim on Hamel before the Giants.

Twisted, isn’t it?

This Dodger team can look so awesome at times and then other times they are clueless.  The Angels had timely hitting last night – 7 hits translated into 5 runs.  The Dodgers were typical in their ineptitude – 5 hits translated into Zero runs.  Of course, Crawford hit!  Of course, he did!

I am so sick of our two left-handed outfielders!

I got nothin’….

100-Off-RO (1)

1. Watford Dodger says:

That’s how I feel Mark. I’ve got nothing to say. I can see a sweep unless Clayton can we’ve his magic.
    Question – just how many pitches was gonna be too many for Richards last night?

2. bobbie17 says:

This series is what the World Series could look like. Pretty sad so far. Dodgers home record is bad; road record is best in baseball. Why? I think we are running out of words for this team. The new relief pitcher pitched well. Was that expected?

Why again is Crawford our every day LF, and Ethier is not?? I know it’s worse vs. worser (grammar?), but seems to me Andre is less pathetic than Crawford.

Kind of like choosing Rosie O’Donnell over Rosanne Barr, but whatever.

4. BOB says:

Do the Dodgers already have the minimum level of players that they need for 2015? If they sign Billingsley to be the #4 starter and bring up Lee to be the #5 starter, and let Ramirez, Turner, Rojas, Butera, Figgins, Beckett, Haren, Perez, Wright, and Maholm go, and bring up Dominquez, Arrr, Guerrero, and Barney they will still have a good team.

So what should Ned do during the 2014/2015 off season? Most importantly, HIRE A NEW PLAYER DEVELOPMENT TEAM and assign individual full time trainers and rehab specialists to the following:

Ellis – Knee, Ankle, and Athleticism
    Billingsley – Arm, Flexibility, Endurance
    Lee – Strength, Flexibility, Endurance
    Kemp – Ankle, Flexibility
    Wilson – Flexibility, Endurance
    Gonzalez – Athleticism, Flexibility, Endurance
    Crawford – Flexibility, Athleticism
    Ethier – Strength, Athleticism, Flexibility

After that all he has to do to create a very good team is to consider:
    1. Trading one of the excess outfielders for a #4 starter and/or sign an above average free agent like Hammel, Harang, Iwakuma, Lester, McCarthy, Scherzer, or Shields.
    2. Offer Ramirez the obligatory $15 mil for one year and hope that he walks after Steve Garvey explains to him that he is better off going to a team where he can play first base.
    3. Try to sign a free agent catcher who can both hit and handle the pitchers like Martin or Ross.
    4. Bring up Pederson

That sounds like a very easy peasy off season for Ned and the Dodger executive team. So PLEASE Ned and Stan now that you know the simple plan for the off season just concentrate on the 2014 season.

I’ll take Rosanne. She’s lost 150 pounds and owns a 50 acre macadamia nut farm in Hawaii. Rosie’s just mean.

The AL just looks better than the NL right now. That could change, but if the series were held today the Dodgers might only win 1 game.

6. artieboy says:

Is the official waiver list available for us the fans to see? I know putting players on waivers is a very common thing and the list can change every day. But is this strictly a list for GM’s to use or is it a public list?

7. idahoal says:

I just saw on Bleacher Report that Ethier, Crawford, Beckett, and Kemp cleared waivers. I was surprised Kemp cleared. I am wondering where Haren is at. I did not watch the last three innings last night. We had visitors. Frias looked pretty good according to some of you. His ERA is just a little better than Lee’s. Bring up Lee and let them (Frias and Lee) become the 4 and 5 starters. It just as we’ll be spring training in August. What do we have to lose. Beckett could certainly go on the DL.

8. idahoal says:

I forgot to mentioned that Hanley did not clear waivers. Somebody claimed him. The Dodgers now have 3 days to work out a trade, let him go or pull him back off waivers. I am fairly certain they will pull him back.

I think I received an e-mail message that Clayton sent to is buddies last night — and it said:

“Glad I did not pitch tonight, might have lost to that kid Richards.”

• Mark TImmons says:

Richards is no KID – he is two month younger than Clayton.

He’s nice pitcher, but let’s look at their stats:

ERA – Richards 2.58 Kershaw 1.71

WHIP – Richards 1.024 Kershaw 0.824

BA – Richards .195 Kershaw .195

SO9 – Richards 8.9 Kershaw 11.1

BB9 – Richards 3.1 Kershaw 1.1

I would take my chances with Kershaw anytime. If he had pitched against the Dodgers last night he might have had a perfect game.

Tip your cap. Todays a new game.
    Kind of like that Frias for Perez deal and todays Baez for Paco [DL]. Gives me confidence that somebody woke up.
    Save JP before his arm falls off. With Maholm and Paco down we need another southpaw in the pen. Jeff Francis [available] is in shape and isn’t Ted Lilly

Question about the out at first – when viewing replay it’s my understanding the ball must firmly planted in the glove. Does that also mean the foot must be planted firmly on the base? Answer: apparently not.

12. idahoal says:

The dodgers need to hire the Angles hitting coach. The first good strike they see, they are swinging. Most of the time we do not swing at the first strike.

Runner in scoring and we cannot drive Gordon in.

13. Bruce says:

Unfortunately this Jekyll & Hyde Dodger team has too many holes. Good teams expose those imperfections (C, SS, BP, LF, 4&5 SP). Can Ned get it right? I think it to late for 2014, I have serious doubts he can do so even next year, not because it can’t be done, but because he himself is deficient as a GM.

Well, 1 for 7 WRISP, getting picked off at second for the third out with your best RBI guy at the plate, a blown save, middle of the order 2 for 13, a gift run to win it – there’s your starter gripe.

But as ugly as it was, it is a W and we pick up another game on the midgets. I’ll take it and be grateful.

Sure would like to see the team put it together every night against the good teams. We did sweep SF, but they aren’t as good as the Angels. Still haven’t played as well as we can but own the best record. Talent. We got it. Sure hope they do it as a team for the last three months.

On another topic, did anyone hear Dan Snyder’s moronic defense of the name of his team? I never heard of Lone Star Dietz before today. Snyder might want to do a fact check before he opens his pie hole. What an idiot.

I’ll take a walk-off anyway I can get it.

Exactly what I was thinking of Wilson’s pitch to Pujols. Then again, I guess everyone was thinking the same thing.

Now all we need is a miracle from Haren tomorrow night. Or maybe we get the best of both worlds. Haren gets bombed, loses his starting job, and the Dodgers win a wild one 12-11.

15. Campy says:

On the play at the plate when Uribe scored did anyone notice where the catcher was? I am still not clear on the new rule, but it appeared to me that the throw drew the catcher into the basepath and he was blocking the plate with no place for Uribe to get to home. Do you think that Uribe would have been called safe even if the catcher caught the ball and taged him? Is Uribe required to slide? What is the call, in your opinion.

Watched the replay this morning. He had a foot in the baseline as the ball was coming. The throw brought him. I’d say it was legal. A good throw and Uribe is out. It took two unearned runs to win by one. Again, I’ll take it, but I sure would like to see this team clean it up.

Click Here to Leave a Reply