The Dodgers may have the best 1,2, 3 rotation in baseball, but their 4 and 5 starters are scary. Donnie insists he is going to keep rolling Beckett out there and if he keeps pitching Haren his $10 million dollar option for next year will vest. It looks inevitable to me that the Dodgers will capitulate and make a run for David Price. I think it’s between the Dodgers and the Cardinals. If the Dodgers were willing to trade Pederson, Urias and Seager to the Rays for Price, the deal would go down today. But, hopefully they won’t.
I would like to see Pederson in CF in LA, but I have never been really high on him. If the Dodgers could get Price, I would include Pederson in that deal. I would have to think about Urias, but he is at least two years away and a lot bad can happen in two years. I might include him. I would NEVER include Seager as I am convinced he will be a special player. If I were the GM, I would try a deal with Pederson, Sweeney, Reed, Lee or Baez in the deal. I would try and do it without anyone named Urias and Seager. Give them quantity over quality. That said, the Rays may not take it!
Cliff Lee showed he is rusty, but if he’s healthy, he could be had for a song – just take his contract. I’d rather do that. We need to see his next start. We are approaching the deadline, but he could get through waivers pretty easily. Don’t gut the farm, Ned!
- Joc Jacked one again last night (he also had two bases on balls) to join the 20/20 club
- Scott Elbert looked good again. His ERA is down to 1.80 at AAA. Check your cell phone, Scott. It should be ringing.
- Corey Seager was 1-4 (.368) at AA.
- Darnell Sweeney played CF again and committed his 26th error. Yikes! Sounds like Dee, Jr.
- I suppose Zach Lee should get a look-see but he has been very unimpressive at AAA – maybe it’s just the altitude that has ruined his attitude. Maybe he will be serviceable at the major league level – I doubt it!