If you happened to wonder how the Dodgers would do against some of the best competition in the AL, then you were excited when the Dodgers came out and scored five runs in the first inning. The Dodgers were clapping, chest-bumping and celebrating the total annihilation of the Tigers and their ace. The celebration was premature as Detroit and Verlander calm adjusted and proceeded to shut the Dodgers offense down and put up 14 unanswered runs, It can only be called a smack-down. Disappointing to say the least.
- Carl Crawford is progressing in his rehab, so what to do? Matt Kemp is just getting hot – is Mattingly going to sit him? Is a trade brewing? I don’t think Crawford can play CF, so LF is his only position.
- Is Ryu hiding some injury or disability… or maybe he’s just too fat?
- I can’t believe some of you still deny Clayton was better than Sandy before age 26. Kershaw had 77 wins before he was 26 while Sandy had 54. Clayton won two Cy Youngs before age 26. Koufax won none. Koufax’s career ERA before age 26 was 3.95 while Kershaws was 2.59. 6 out of 7 years , Clayton’s ERA was below 3.00, while Koufax had just 1 year in 7 with an ERA below 3.00 before he was 26. Do I need to go on? There really is no argument unless your mind is already made up and you don’t want to be confused with the facts.
- Stephen Fife pitched 6 innings of 5 hit 2 run ball in Albuquerque last night. He might be needed soon.
- Let’s hope Greinke steps up today and the Dodger offense doesn’t take leave of their senses after the first inning.