Look, I am not in favor of trying this at home and there should be governmental regulation on steroids and HGH. However, professional athletes are high-performance human machines. You don’t put regular oil into a race car and you can’t expect professional athletes who perform at a high level not to need some type of performance enhancers. It should be under a doctors care and closely monitored by the league, but I think it is needed.
With all the injuries, Tommy John surgeries and the like, HGH and steroids help a professional athletes body heal quicker, which means they are on the field more and that is exactly what fans want. I won’t presume to know how all of this needs to be monitored, but let’s bring it out of the closet and make it legal. Sure, steroids can be bad (especially certain types), but you can die by drinking too much water too. Too much of anything can be dangerous.
Oh and while we are at it, expand the DH to the National League and re-instate Pete Rose. It is way past time on both. Give Pete his rightful place in Cooperstown!
- If Cleveland gets Kevin Love, just hand the NBA Championship Trophy to LBJ and his new crew! Irving, James, Love, et al. Yikes!
- Come on, Ned – Move some outfielders already! Let’s see Joc!
- Alex Guerrero played in his 5th game in the Arizona Rookie League. He his his 2nd HR last night and is at .467. AAA soon?
- Chone Figgins and Scott Elbert both played last night.
- Is Adrian Gonzalez in a steady decline or just a slump? Let’s hope it’s the later – the Dodgers need him to put up a monster 2nd half. They also need one from either Kemp or Ramirez! They don’t need both to be monsters, however, but I would take it.
- Bill Plaschke of The LA Times, nails it. If I lived in LA, I would be pissed!