Even Ray Charles can see this one. The Dodgers don’t have a centerfielder and they certainly need one.
Before going outside the organization, why not call up Joc Pederson and see if he can be the guy. Maybe he can… maybe he can’t. Just do it! Don’t think about it – DO IT! I doubt that there’s much of a market for Crawford and Ethier… even if the Dodgers foot 75% of their salaries – that’s how far they have fallen. Maybe the Dodgers should just DL Hanley and Andre and bring up Joc and someone else.
Hanley needs to go on the shelf for a while – he’s a wreck!
Ned needs to figure this stuff out soon because the Dodgers lineup is a mess right now.
For the record, I have never been a huge Pederson fan. I mean, he’s a good kid – I just think he’s a 4th outfielder at best… but I hope I am wrong and the Dodgers need to try him. That is, unless they think the same thing and want to tantalize teams with his “potential” in AAA. Who knows?
But, I know this: Joc needs to STRAP it on. Crawford and Ethier both wear DEPENDS!
- Who is going to start today? Stephen Fife could pitch on 4 days rest today if recalled. He went six on Tuesday and pitched pretty well. The Dodgers probably won’t do it on 4 days rest though…
- Alex Guerrero went 2-3 with a BB as he DH’ed for the Arizona Dodgers.
- Rubby De La Rosa is 2-2 with a 2.89 ERA for Boston. He has a WHIP of 1.04
- Allen Webster is 4-4 with a 2.85 ERA at AAA Pawtucket. He has logged 111 innings and averages 6 innings a start.
- Would you trade Beckett, Crawford and Gonzalez for them? I would. The Dodgers have plenty of outfielders and could move Hanley to 1B, saving a few hundred million. Chumps!
- How about this (Strongly Right-Handed) lineup?
- Gordon 2B
- Ramirez 1B
- Puig RF
- Kemp LF
- Pederson CF
- Uribe 3B
- Ellis C
- Arrrr SS (I can’t spell Arruebarrena)
Dan Rubenstein argues that Clayton Kershaw is already and All-Time Great. If you disagree, do what he says at the end!