My internet is out at home (Damn Comcast – they are a horrible company and I am done with them, but I digress), and I haven’t had time to post at the office for a couple of days, but have a happy and safe 4th Everyone.
Rants and Raves
- So, Bob Engle comes to the Dodgers and proceeds to do a Ned Colletti… you know, sign a player from your former organization to validate your body of work. Ned brought in the debacle that was Jason Schmidt and Bob Engle brought in the enigmatic Carlos Triunfel. The only difference between the two players is the $40 or $50 million Frankie had to eat. I think that was where Frank McCourt went wrong – he saw Jason Schmidt stealing money and thought he could do the same! Triunfel had only two issues – hitting and fielding. Otherwise, he was awesome.
- Thank goodness Erisbel Arruebarrena has been recalled. Now the Dodgers have two real shortstops on the roster – Arrrrr and Rojas.
- Matt Kemp could be the best defensive LF in baseball…. unfortunately, he is the best CF on the Dodgers… maybe he needs to go back there?
- Juan Uribe has been a key part of this team – let’s hope he can stay healthy. Ned was a genius on this signing.
- Darnell Sweeney played 2B after 3 games in CF. Are they getting him ready to take Figgins spot?
- Just say no to Ben Zobrist, Ned! Call up Sweeney instead.
- If this team is going to really shine, A-Gone, Puig, Kemp and Gordon all need to flirt with .300 BA’s! Two already are. Two need to step up!
- Dee Gordon deserves to be an All-Star.
- Back in first place – much better view!