LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers today recalled infielder Carlos Triunfel from Triple-A Albuquerque and placed infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to July 5 with a right hip flexor strain.

Triunfel appeared in two games with the Isotopes, going 2-for-7 with three RBI, since being optioned on Thursday, and has a .213 batting average with one home run and 17 RBI in 54 games with Albuquerque this season. The 24-year-old has appeared in 10 games with Los Angeles this year, going 2-for-13 with a home run and an RBI.

Arruebarrena was recalled on Thursday and has gone 5-for-16 with a double and two RBI in eight games with Los Angeles this year.

What is it with all these injuries?

I demand a full investigation!

4th-of-july-main-sale_1

1. idahoal says:

Sorry to hear about Arruebarrena . I was just starting to enjoy Arruebarrena playing short stop. Trueinfel scares the hell out of me. I hope he does not see the field in the next 15 days. I saw him play in Seattle and they gave up on him. That should tell us something.

With the All-Star break beginning a week from today, barring a trade or injury I don’t think Arruebarrena will be seen again until a September call up, too bad. Turner will be back after AS break, so I can live with a week of Truinfel, just so he doesn’t play.
    25 shopping days left. We could use a C, CF and a starter to replace Haren, Beckett may not be far behind him.
    Obviously the BP can be fixed in-house

Hip flexor? Crap.

Twins will part with Suzuki.

Turner will cool off. Guerrero still might could help.

Price would look good in Dodger Blue. But it will be very costly. We might just live with Haren. Don’t let him pitch in Colorado.

I hope I’m wrong, but with a 5 run lead in Coors, I think it’s a bit early to be bringing in Chris Perez. Anything can happen in that ballpark, especially with Perez on the mound. And before I can complete typing this, he gives up a lead-off hit. Now it’s two on and nobody out. I’m nervous.

5. BOB says:

Stan should tell Ned who should tell Dummy that all relief pitchers should be pulled no later than immediately after their 3rd batter reaches base via a hit or walk.
    Let them work out there arm slot issues in the bullpen.

The Dodgers need another good reliever. The Phillies should become sellers very soon since they have lost 9 of their last 10 games and now only have a better record in the NL than the D-Backs.

Papelbon $13 mil per year through 2015, ERA 1.35 and Whip of 0.93
    for
    1. Give the Phillies the option of taking Perez and his entire remaining salary or just DFA him
    2. #10 Dominquez, and either
    3. #4 Lee or #5 Anderson
    4. The Phillies only have 2 pitchers in the first 15 of their Top 20 Prospect list. They will want multiple pitching prospects. Might need to through in another reliever like #10 Baez or another starter like #13 Byrd.

Michael I can see the Dodgers being interested in acquiring a C, CF and starting pitcher. But I have to believe that a bullpen arm is at the top of their shopping list. I don’t think it’s obvious that the pen can be fixed in-house. The in-house solutions are in the minors, and those players either have had issues at the big league level (Paco) or have no big league experience at all (Garcia). And it appears that Elbert had a setback with a foot injury. There may be potential on the farm, but no obvious solutions.

I’m remain nervous. Perez is still on the mound.

Papelbon is an obnoxious dickwad but he can still pitch.

Every time I see Robinson in the dugout he is off by himself. I wonder if that’s his choice or if he is ostracized by the team.

Perez, in my estimation, has already pitched hisself out of a job. 5 run lead? Ok, try to get 3 outs. Anything less than that I don’t trust him. Something will be done.

Question is, would the “obnoxious dickwad” be OK with Kenley being the closer, and be able to settle in as the 8th inning guy?

Brian Wilson isn’t filling me with confidence either.

I’ve seen enough. Send Triunfel back to ALBQ, and bring up somebody, anybody.

9. BOB says:

4 All-Stars! Happy Happy
    Great BARISP against a weak pitching staff. Loved hearing that players like Kemp were hitting singles up the middle today. Kemp had zero LOB today!
    The boys deserve a day off. Looking forward to 2 games against the Tigers. How will the boys do against a good team?
    The only IF eligible to replace Truant is Guerrero. Stuck with Truant until the hamstrings heal?
    Nice to see Gordon batting above .300. He has turned it around.
    Robinson seems to be a good PH.
    Puig needs a good rest.
    Go Dodger Road Warriors.

The only reason that Ned keeps Perez on the roster must be the salary he makes. Or, pictures he holds on Ned.

Surely there must be a better arm in the minors –or else our farm system is terrilbe.

Roger,

Perez is only making $2.3 million this year on his 1-year contract, and is a little more than half way through it. That leaves the Dodgers on the line at the current time for just over $1 million. Don’t think it’s the money, so it must be the pictures. There are probably better arms on this blog.

Bob, it was good seeing Kemp hitting singles up the middle. Looks like he might be making a conscious attempt to cut down on his swing, and make contact. In time that could get him straightened out, and without trying he’ll eventually begin to drive the ball and find his power, which I still believe is still in there. And Robinson is doing a good job. Maybe he’s the real thing, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Rooting for the A’s to do some damage to the midgets in their four game series (actually back to back home and away 2 game series) that starts tomorrow.

I don’t believe Papelbon is a good fit here. He won’t want Wilson’s job. And Wilson wouldn’t like him. I can see those two egos clashing big time.

Kemp wants to get 4 total bases the hard way is fine by me. It’s showing some discipline that has been lacking. We’ll see how long it lasts.

Robinson got taken out to dinner by Kemp. Good sign. If Robinson can ph, he has value.

Is Guerrero playing again? Wonder how long it will take to get it back.

Paco got 3 k’s today. He also gave up 2 earned with a walk and a HR. That’s 3 earned, 2 HR in his last 2 IP.

I guess I’m ok with Dodgers All Stars. Would rather everybody got some rest.

• Pete M says:

@ Lancaster today, Cory Seager 4 for 6 – 2 HR – 6 RBI – .353 AVG…
      Ned?? White?? Cal Lg. ball is waving the white flag…
      Anxious to see him in Az. Fall Lg. or who knows, a cup of coffee at the end of the season…

Anybody but Triunfail.

I keep imagining this organization at 100%. I know that isn’t possible with any organization but what we need is right there. Turner, Arrue, Guerrero. Elbert, Withrow and Billingsley. Crawford and Ramirez. If all those guys were healthy for the same 3 months we could put some distance on everybody.

Click Here to Leave a Reply