guilty-as-charged

Even Ray Charles could see that the Dodgers have some square pegs that need to fit into round holes.

Chris Perez and Paul Maholm need to find new homes.

Carl Crawford and either Andre Ethier or Matt Kemp need to go.

Brandon League and Brian Wilson are on the bubble.

And, I didn’t even mention, no field, low hit Hanley Ramirez!

Who signed all those players?  Ned Colletti, and trading or DFA’ing them would be tantamount to saying “I am a dumbass!”

If he trades them away and has to eat TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, isn’t that just cause for termination?

So he sits pat, trying not to call attention to his ineptitude and the Dodgers flounder.

Aren’t winning and covering your ass divergent goals?

What is Ned’s goal?

He can purpose those trades and lose his job or sit tight and maybe keep it.

What do you think he is going to do?

I know what I would do if I were him…. ZERO, ZILCH, NADA!

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present your 2014 Los Angeles Dodgers!

P.S.  Mike Petriello of Dodgers Digest had a very interesting breakdown of Chris Perez stats and what they mean.  Before I read it I thought Chris Perez was worthless.  After I read it I thought Chris Perez was worthless.  Man, I’m glad I figured that out.  Ray Charles?  He already knew!

Man, I wish I could write something that would give us hope, but all I have is vomit!

fathers-day-2014end

I would do something. Dump Perez and bring Paco back.

6 of 8 Rockies hitters are at .295 or better.

You don’t need to write anything to give us hope. We already have it. Sorry about your upset stomach.

2. BOB says:

Agree with most but with Bills done for the year and Maholm pitching better in relief he should stay on the team until 7/31.

Wilson is improving in his results but I am not sure if he is just being lucky. League is unfortunately regressing.

Gordon is terrible. He now only has the 3rd highest batting average among Dodger starting position players.

Van Slyke should platoon with Kemp in LF until Kemp (.185) learns how to hit LHP. Then Van Slyke can platoon with Ethier in CF. Trade Crawford, then trade Hanley for a catching prospect, or the way things are going, for a 1B prospect who is ready for 2015.

Two good ol’ boys in a Tennessee trailer park were sitting around talking one afternoon over a cold beer after getting off work at the local Nissan plant.

After a while the 1st guy says to the 2nd, “If’n I was to sneak over to your trailer Saturday & make love to your wife while you was off huntin’ and she got pregnant and had a baby, would that make us kin?”

The 2nd guy crooked his head sideways for a minute, scratched his head, and squinted his eyes thinking real hard about the question. Finally, he says, “Well, I don’t know about kin, but it would make us even!”

4. Pgunn says:

when you stick a roster with 5 OF that need to play, 4 closers, no true CF, no back up catcher that can hit, no true SS( I guess that means Hanley ain’t a SS no more), backup IF that can play multiple position, just not any good), at least six starters, this is what you get.

Too many decisions fries his brain. CBills bailed him out, CCraw bails him out, Withrow bails him out.. Meanwhile, Peterson needs to come up, at least one of the two players he paid cash need to come up, get rid of some of the deadwood on the pitching staff. But he did sign Baxter and Olivo and Figgins. (I’ll give him Turner). And I’m just gettng warm; he ain’t Mike Corleone or Keyzer Soze, Fredo is more his speed! Guess which movie I’m watching!

The team next year: Between one ear and Dee Gordon, one of them should be able to play SS next year. Both of them should be able to do a better job then Hanley. I would rather see Seager at 3B but Ned signed Uribe for two years. Joc needs to be in center sooner than later. I don’t know what needs to happen at 1B, maybe one of the injury prone outfielders can learn this position or SVS. I just can’t figure out what happened with Hanley between last year before ribgate and now. He just needs to go.

“Gordon is terrible.”

Bad timing on that one. And I might add, it wasn’t true before tonight’s game. Has been playing exceptional defense at 2B, and has for the most part been hitting. But I guess for some people his past troubles will continue to be held against him. When a player with a history of hitting hits a dry spell it’s a slump. When a player who’s struggled in the past, probably because he was rushed to the big leagues and in part due to a serious thumb injury, hits a dry spell it’s because he’s “terrible”.

Gordon still has a lot to prove, and he has to do it over time. But by no stretch of the imagination is he terrible.

• BOB says:

Hey dummy!. Just can’t read straight talk? Still don’t understand a joke? Just talk to Badger and he will help you. You know the guy that posted a joke right after my sarcasm. When two sentences in a row are contradictory then maybe you should try real hard to determine if a joke is intended instead of being so thin skinned and always attempting to find fault in others.. There is a big difference between critical analysis and just being critical or even using sarcasm as humor.

Gordon is playing a great 2b, and is doing pretty well offensively. Let him grow.

Also, Matt Kemp is slowly waking up. We need that bat.

As far as SS: If it’s not Hanley, it’s gota be Arrubarrena. Until Saeger is ready and/or Arru proves he’s the real deal

8. Watford Dodger says:

“No Ear” – bit harsh Bill, but made me laugh. I’m gonna be honest – I would much rather have Hanley on this team than any of the weak hitting alternative SSs Ned has stock piled.

Last night is what it looks like when it’s done right. Hanley should move to third ba…..t in an American a League lineup. Hey, I think he would make a fine third baseman but only if he wants to and it would appear he doesn’t. Make him a qualifier and wish him good luck.

.333 Dee. Get that this year and build on it.

Guerrero is still a half ear away (see what I did there) and when he comes back he should move to third. Guerrero, Aru, Gordon and Seager. There’s about 10 WAR right there. Kemp, Pederson and Puig. There’s another 10. Find a catcher and continue to develop pitching.

GM’n ain’t so hard.

10. Pete M says:

I just got back from NoCal and as I recall I was 9 1/2 back at one time… Sweet… I’m getting a good feeling about Matt… Hanley is going nowhere in the IF for now. I still stick with, we need Hanley, Kemp and AGon to get us to the promised land…I still remember a few of you saying that good hitters don’t forget to hit, but the slumps may be a lil longer each season…With that, someone who never had a slump it seemed…Good night and God Bless Tony…

“Hitters hit”. It’s been said by many but I think I first heard Bobby Bonds say it. (I played against him in high school. Yes. I’m old.) There will be slumps but with good hitters they don’t last long. And yes, players fade with age, but other than Uribe, 35, our players are not that old. They won’t do what they did at 25, but they can still hit. The middle of our order should have at least 3 more productive years in it. Including this year. The weather is about to heat up. So will our hitters.

11. Bobbie17 says:

I like the new format. Is there a way still to see a roster of the other sites? It was convenient. The team has to win with the 2 best of the pitchers the next 2 days. Hopefully 1or 2 Giants losses at Chicago White Sox.

wow, interesting new look! Like most change, give me time to get used to it.

6 games back, kids. It’s not that much, really. Kemp is waking up, Gordon seems to be rediscovering his April. The starters are great; the pen is comedy. The defense is bad. Agone needs to wake up.

Kings and the Stanley Cup are at the Stadium tonight; hopefully some mojo rubs off on our Dodgers

I agree, “interesting new look.”

B17, as I recall we were able to see the roster of sites when we commented with the old look. Now it appears that you have to go back to the homepage of this this site to find that roster. You could probably just click on the back button of your browser, or just go to the top of this page and click on “LAdodgertalk” at the upper left of this screen.

B17, I take issue with the “has to win” part of your post. No doubt winning every game is important, and winning with your two aces is something that has to be done over the long haul. However, I don’t measure a team by what it does in the very short run, because there are simply too many variables. It’s like not understanding long term climate change vs. short term temperature change. They’re not the same thing. So you can have some freezing days (temperature) during a long term warming trend (climate change), just like a .300 hitter (long term) can have months (short term) when his average is high (.400), and others when its low (.200). And the same goes for a team. The Dodgers might lose the next two games, but win 35 of the next 50. I root for the Dodgers in every game, and think every game is important. However, what I’m most interested in, is how the Dodgers play over a long period of time. Day to day contributes to that, but there are going to be some bumps in the road.

• Michael says:

I like the clean look and I find it an easier read for me. I’m sure there will be some bumps in the road, like advertising which does appear on your latest post but I couldn’t figure out how to comment on it???

Click Here to Leave a Reply