As constructed, this team will not make the playoffs.  It’s time to be bold.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Trade Hanley Ramirez,  Juan Uribe,  Carl Crawford and  $40 million dollars to the Seattle Mariners for Kyle Seager.  Seattle needs another hitter or two and they have no reason to trade Seager unless they can get back 3 good players.  They need more bats.  They also get a 3B to take Seager’s place.

Trade Andre Ethier and $20 million to the Yankees C Gary Sanchez.  The Yanks get another bat who can play all outfield positions and the Dodgers get their future catcher.

Call up Joc Pederson, Erisbel Arruebarrena and keep Sanchez as the 3rd Catcher.  Great defense will also help the pitching.  Make is so Ned!

Yes, the Dodgers give up a lot, but it’s called addition by subtraction and they get a lot younger.

Lineup:

4. Gonzalez  1B
  5. Kemp  LF
  6. Seager, K  3B
  7. Seager, C  SS
  8. Sanchez  C

fathers-day-2014

6 weeks to the trade deadline and if Hanley doesn’t mash by then he won’t be getting no new contract from the Dodgers and may as well be shipped for whatever we can get.
    Don’t think Jocs quite ready and Coreys ETA is 2016 I would think.
    We do need to trade for our catcher of the future, no doubt about it.

If it doesn’t start by mid July – that works for me.

Bummer about Bills. Add it to list of injuries preventing this team from realizing its potential.

3. Bball says:

Y would Seattle do that. Give up a stud for Hanley( who’s a free agent and won’t resign there) and 2 over the hill players. Only if ned was there gm would that deal happen.

4. Idaho Al says:

Both GM’s are idiots, so it could happen. Then move the younger SEAGER to first base. Then you have a set infield for the next 5-10 years. If Sanchez is as god as you say Mark, I would trade Eithier. We need a good young catcher.

5. Reggie says:

What makes anyone think Ramirez wouldn’t sign and play with Cano?

Seattle wants to win and needs more hitters. They get 2 more.

What’s wrong with that?

He might. They might be interested in Ethier. And they for sure would be interested in Kemp. The guys that I would want to be included in that deal, Paxton and Walker, are both injured.

You may be right Al. But Seager is not enough for Kemp. Paxton and Walker are their two best prospects but a. they are just prospects and 2. they are both injured. I’m not really interested in trading Kemp, but the theme of this thread is moving our overpaid pretty boys and Kemp is one of them. Seager is a 3+ WAR player and that’s probably all he is going to be. Good, but not great. Kemp can still be very good. So can Ramirez. They get hot and we can put together the win streak we need.

6. the truth hurts says:

I keep the Hanley, Puig, Uribe love triangle together this year and try to win the World Series.

The way this team is constructed got us to the NLCS last year.

The problem with this team is the outfield flux. It is creating animosity and tension in the dugout. We need consistency, and I hope by the trade deadline we will have it. Kemp thinks he is the Kemp of 2011, Kemp needs to know he is playing everyday. Just like happy Hanley, we need a happy Kempy. Price you pay for overpriced players.

Wait til this team catches fire…its going to happen.

7. Quasimodo says:

Greetings my friends! I’m pretty drunk. Actually very drunk. Its a very good thing the sports bar is only across the street from my house and that no cops were around to notice how my path home was anything but strait. So with my current condition I’ll wait till tomorrow to relate a couple things I had noticed that tell me these Dodgers are about to shift gears and be the team that’ll scare the shit out of whoever they face. I’ve got to lay down for now. CHEERS!

8. Watford Dodger says:

Great post Quas – that’s obviously the best way to watch this team – drunk.
    Welcome back – it’s like getting one of your regulars back off the DL!

Welcome back Quas, good to hear from you.

I’m not so sure what the fascination is with Kyle Seager and Gary Sanchez. At least Sanchez is still very young, and MAYBE he’ll develop. Problem with some of these trade proposals is that it always appears that the grass is greener on the other side. But all you may be doing is trading the problems you know for the new ones that you yet don’t know.

The only good thing about those deals is that they shed a lot of money off the Dodgers payroll, and I certainly would consider the Ethier for Sanchez deal, if only to get Ethier off the books and open an outfield spot for Pederson. I haven’t seen much from Ethier this year, and suspect that his loss of power might be the bad back I keep hearing about. The other deal sheds a lot of salary, but although he’s older, I think I prefer Uribe to Kyle Seager right now. It seems to me that based on his stats, Seager is over-hyped on this site. However, that’s a deal I would consider, only because it relieves the Dodgers of Crawford’s contract and leaves the outfield to Kemp, Pederson, Puig and SVS, three starting outfielders, and one 4th outfielder off the bench. Seattle, however, would only make that deal if they were convinced it could put them over the top in a second half push. And by the way, Kyle Seager is another lefthanded hitter who doesn’t hit lefties very well. Check the splits in the link above.

As for Gordon, I expect that we’re going to see a resurgence of his hitting. Lately it seems he’s been hitting a lot of hard ground balls that simply aren’t finding holes. And it appears that the move to 2B has transformed him from a defensive liability to a defensive asset, maybe even a gold glove caliber asset. His range is unmatched at 2B, and having a strong armed second baseman is also a huge asset. And finally, I think there’s still plenty of room for growth, and that he’s going to get better over time.

Good to see you Quas.

Seager the last two years is has put up 3.3 and 4.4 oWAR. His defense isn’t as good as Uribe’s but at 26 his future is certainly more promising. At least he’s an everyday player. I don’t believe Seattle would be interested in that deal. The player that they would be interested in isn’t among those mentioned.

Wilson and Jansen shaky but the team held on.

Ethier with a bad back?

11. BOB says:

Not sure that the Dodgers would actually receive the players that Mark wants but he is on the right track considering that the two worst teams with DHs are the Yankees and Mariners who both have DHs with BAs below .200. I would trade Hanley to the Yankees for Sanchez strait up at the Break if the Dodgers are not 10 games above .500 on that date. The Mariner’s payroll is probably maxed out at $90 mil, with over half ($47 mil) given to 2 players, so they probably want prospects, not old guys with big contracts.

Donnie Moron should never use Wilson after the 6th inning. I will probably have to repeat this statement at least 3 times a week for the rest of the season.

It’s just too early for the “Lets Make a Deal” conversations. If in another month these guys aren’t improving, we can visit it then. There will be other trade partners that will surface but I predict we will be buyers not sellers.

Wilson, technically, is our 8th inning guy. We have to keep running him out there to see if he can get his collective sh*t together. Nerve racking yes, but imperative.

13. Bobbie17 says:

This team will stand pat and see what happens. If anything, it will get a bench player with a big contract and rent him for the rest of the year. Ownership is committed to winning with this group. Period. Next year will be another story. HanRam is too much of a problem to keep long term. A defensive whiz surrounded by some bats makes sense. AGon can’t continue like this, can he? The problem with age is that you never know when it is the beginning of the end. I hope it’s not for him. If he doesn’t hit, the team is done. He is the most important piece right now. Kemp will pout and play and may be good again, and you have to have him in the lineup everyday regardless of performance because he needs the reps. Remember, no spring training for him. Other than AGon, the bullpen is the biggest issue. Howell can’t pitch every day. Too bad Paco is done. What happened to that guy? Overuse at age 23+/-? The team needs another ’13 Paco. Where is he? Can it get one in trade? Might not be a bad move. The Giants must keep losing, and things will look better even with this bunch of underachievers.

Well say Bobbie 17 —

Ownership might want to win with this team . . . but this team is having real problems catching the Giants.

Starting Dodger pitching has to keep thinking “no-hitter, no-hitter” each time they go out.

Click Here to Leave a Reply