… which is my favorite movie of all time, or some such name.

But I digress,  I used that line with Clayton a lot and he came back with a vengeance last night.  No one has ever won four ERA titles in a row and that is what he is going for this year, not from a 20 inch mound and not in the dead ball era.    What fun he was to watch last night!

Observation:  Relief pitchers will drive you to drink!

Are the Dodger bats starting to awaken?  Let’s hope so!

There is a video circulating around the web about a Brian Wilson look-alive at Nationals Park.  I think it’s Troy from West Virginia.  Can you confirm that for us Troy?

I discovered Troy before he was Troy from West Virginia (see the man in the blue beard).

mothers-day-2014

Anyone know how Kershaw is feeling today? Give him a call Mark.

I met Troy at Camelback. He seemed like a nice, calm guy to me. His videos often suggest something else maybe, but the man is passionate about the Dodgers.

2. Bobbie17 says:

How about a winning streak for a change? The Giants are not going away. Maybe the
    Rockies, too. Let’s put some wins together. We will probably need to do it with the bats. Mattingly is now afraid to use Paco. Too bad.

Use Paco as a LOOGY until his confidence comes back. Howell can still go an inning. It will be easier when the starters can start going 7-9. That should happen sometime before, or early, June.

3. artieboy says:

Unfortunately there are a lot of us that can’t watch Kershaw pitch :(
    Kevin Kennedy was providing the color commentary on the radio alongside Rick Monday. Both were raving at Kershaw’s performance given the long layoff he had.

This crazy weather cost me 2 games in DC.

Game was scheduled for 1pm; I have a meeting at 5pm. Figured I could do a 3 hour game and still get to the meeting. A 3pm start after the rain delay meant I had to cancel game plans. Again.

5. BOB says:

Crawford BA
    Home = .214
    Away = .296
    Tell mom to eat more and healthier food and run 5 miles per day and the baby will receive the nutrition to sleep through the night.
    Old School Just sayin

6. BOB says:

Big boys batting 4 through 7 had 12 LOB. Boring, no clutch, overpaid losers!

Withrow 1 inning and 11 pitches.
    Wilson 1 inning and 22 pitches. Why is he still on the team?

5 and 5 in last 10 games, just plodding along and now they get to play 2 very hot teams the Giants and the Marlins during the next 7 games. Good Luck!

7. donnie says:

He is still on the team b/c Ned Colletti gave him a ridiculously high contract. Let this be a lesson about offering contracts to relief pitchers since their level of production greatly vary from year to year. As if Matt Guerrier and Brandon League did not teach us this already.

8. donnie says:

I fully agree with this. Given the terrible weather, the flu bug, the double header, the red eye flight,and the midnight delay in DC, this is not bad, at all.

Appeared to me that Kemp swung and missed at two mistakes. Strike three was a belt high slider on the inside half of the plate. You gotta hammer that pitch.

Looks like jughead has made his monthly return.

Bigot: “a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially, one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.”

I know Troy a little. He’s not a guy I would hang around with and I think he has made some bad decisions, but I cannot speak to his being a bigot. On the other hand, Weewee and Poo (same person) have shown me considerable signs of bigotry.

It’s funny when the pot calls the kettle black, Mr. or Mrs Bigot, or whatever you are!

• weewee says:

your blog is so full of shit I can’t stay away. I would spit on your face if I could. as I would most of these posters, most especially “Jae who is Asian”. what an embarrassment

Beckett, Maholm, Greinke and Kershsw. If the bats show up, I can see 3 out of 4. Big series. Could draw 200,000.

AJ in AZ getting some at bats. We should see him very soon.

Why is Kemp swinging and missing so many balls over the plate? He used to do it a lot chasing low and away, but not on cookies. Cause for concern?

12. RogerCraig says:

The definition of a jughead is slang for a foolish or stupid person.

As an example, a jughead would be a person who comes to a blog they claim not to like and make inflammatory statements.

He/she is certainly one.

Can’t you block them, Mark?

13. Watford Dodger says:

Yep Badger – watching that last at bat from Kemp last night was hard. There were 2 pitches just waiting to be hit – if Kenley had thrown them you can be sure a decent hitter would have given them the treatment. The story of our season is one of numerous missed chances. We are not losing these games by much. The players are not executing when it comes to the big moments. Error after error in the field. Poor pitching in relief. Abysmal hitting WRISP.
    It shows how good our rotation is that we are above .500. Even last night Haren kept us in it. Beckett has been great with no run support. Maholm has been serviceable.
    If this team ever starts performing collectively we will be fine. Until then we won’t.
    Time for Donnie to kick some ass like he did last year. Call some players out.you got your 3 year deal Donnie – these are the players who will determine whether you see it out.

Yep W, that’s exactly how I read it. Kemp must punish mistakes like that, and I believe he will. For now the book on him appears to be don’t let him extend his arms – keep it under the hands. But belt high flat benders like that last one he missed, must be hammered. We know he likes hitting his home runs to right center but deposit one of those inside cookies deep into the left field seats and you might actually see a pitch you prefer.

We haven’t really put it together and we are still near the top. This series would be a good time for a 25 man rally.

15. Watford Dodger says:

It seems quiet in here without Brooklyn, Quas & Roger posting. The fact that half the regular guys in here can’t get to watch the games doesn’t help. Hard to comment when you havnt seen the game. Terrible really for all the loyal fans.

Click Here to Leave a Reply