So, the Dodgers owe Carl Crawford $84 million over the next 4 years. You think he’s bad now? Check him out in two years. If the Dodgers paid Crawford’s salary, how many teams would even consider picking him up? The Dodgers are better served with Scott Van Slyke as the 4th outfielder and Carl Crawford outta’ here! Van Slyke can platoon with Ethier in the hopes Andre can get hot and the Dodgers can trade him. Joc Pederson and Scott Van Slyke would be a better platoon – younger, cheaper, faster, hungrier! Money can’t buy me love… or a leftfielder.
This team is abysmal on defense! Hanley is horrid! The outfielders are unfocused. Olivo may be able to hit, but his defense is so-so. Uribe and Gonzalez really cement the infield. At $43 million a year, Adrian is the highest paid player in baseball. The Dodgers wanted Gonzo, so they took Crawford who is a boat anchor. That makes Gonzalez a $43 mil a year player. Maybe it was necessary, but the sooner the Dodgers EAT his contract the better.
The only question is: Will the Dodgers be better with or without Crawford? It’s simple addition by subtraction. This is what I always feared and why I did not like the deal with the Red Sox from jump street. Now, I’m glad that the Dodgers have A-Gon, but CC has to be gone too! Don’t prolong the agony, Ned – Just burn that $84 million. Stan will love you for it! If money is the only thing keeping CC, then he has to go. What’s a little money among friends? <wink, wink>
Turner needs to move on too – the Dodgers have an infielder at AAA who is making $6.5 million this year. Let’s see what he can do…
This team is a defensive train-wreck – even if the box score doesn’t always show an error. They are worse than their errors show. Mattingly and Company need to get them some extra fielding practice and challenge them to F-O-C-U-S!
Rants and Raves
- Jamey Wright has been a godsend! Better than I expected at 39! You go, Jamey!
- Zach Lee line from last night: 5 IP/10 Hits/6 Runs – his ERA is now 4.02 – Do you remember that blogger who said Lee was no better than a #5? Who was that guy? I hate to say it, but Lee is not looking so good. Do you still want to call him up?
- Alex Guerrero’s BA dipped to .295 last night – Yikes! Maybe he has to stay at AAA…
- Watch for Pedro Baez at a Ravine near you in 2015!
- Tom Windle had his first really good outing at Ranch last night – 7 IP/3 Hits/7 K’s /0 Runs
- Kyle Farmer is still hitting .316 at GL – he could move to RC soon! He is the Dodgers
bestonly catching prospect!