Running through crocodile-infested swamps to evade Cuban hit squads, swimming in the ocean to escape Cuba, being held hostage by Black Market Smugglers or Mexican Drug Lords, a daring raid by a shady Miami criminal… ‘er businessman, clutch home-runs, RPG missile-like throws to gun down runners, dope-fiend moves on the bases, incredible running and sliding catches, silly arrests, clowning on baseballs tradition and seeming to rise to any occasion – that’s the Legend that IS Yasiel Puig and he’s our Puig!
I can safely say there will never be another.
If you haven’t read how he escaped Cuba, the link is HERE. It’s an interesting read. It’s a sordid tale and you can believe whatever you want, because everyone has huge reasons to lie.At any rate, it’s an amazing tale and if I were the Dodgers, I would have a 24-hour security detail with Yasiel. The people involved here are not choirboys! There is a price for everything… some of what you don’t want to pay.
Rants and Raves
- Brian Wilson’s velocity is back and that’s good!
- Kenley Jansen’s velocity is back and that may be a bad thing, but I think he will work it out. To me, he seems tougher to hit at 93-94 instead of 98 to 99.
- Teams are going to continue to pitch Hanley Ramirez inside unless they know the results won’t be good. He’s going to get hurt again… the staff has to protect him. That’s all! Just do it!
- Carl Crawford looks old.
- I don’t think Dee Gordon is going to suddenly “lose it.”
- One could argue that Juan Uribe has been the best player on the Dodgers this year and not be considered delusional!
- My son if fine and so are the 3 other kids. One is still in the hospital after surgery on a fractured pelvis. Thanks for all the kind words – I appreciate it very much.