So Clayton Kershaw will be out a month? It wouldn’t be unusual for a pitcher to pitch through this kind of muscle strain, but in this case, it is a very wise move. The Dodgers have big aspirations and they need a fresh Kershaw in the playoffs.
Brian Wilson has not looked right this Spring and now we know why. Nerve irritation can clear up quickly or linger the whole season. I would not plan on seeing him again and if we do, it’s a good thing. I can see Chad Billingsley coming back later this month and possibly filling Wilson’s role in pen for a while. He could be the long guy and build up arm strength slowly.
Dominguez needs some seasoning, so I don’t look for him until July or August.
A-Ball Prospects to Watch:
- Kyle Farmer – Catcher, Great Lakes (he could move up quickly)
- Alex Santana – Outfielder, Great Lakes (he’s big, can he develop some power?)
- Jacob Scavuzzo – Outfielder, Great Lakes (he is capable of great power)
- Julio Urias, Tom Windle, Chris Anderson – Pitchers, Rancho Cucamonga (3 of the Dodgers top pitching prospects)
- Blake Smith – Pitcher, Rancho Cucamonga (because I like guys who are converted to pitchers)
- James McDonald – Outfielder, Rancho Cucamonga (welcome back old friend, I guess they don’t think you can pitch)
- Corey Seager – SS, Rancho Cucamonga (for obvious reasons)