Fix What Can Be Fixed, But You Can’t Fix Everything… Can You?
- I am convinced that Brian Wilson’s ineffectiveness is a result of injury. How serious it is remains to be seen, but in my mind I have zero confidence he will help this year. He wants to play and probably won’t admit it easily but he needs to be shut down… at least for a while. I think he is a big Ned boo-boo, but that’s a mistake that can be fixed. Put him on the DL and call up Paco. FIXED!
- If Brandon League can’t continue to pitch like he has recently then he has to be DFA’ed. Either way – FIXED!
- Carl Crawford is becoming a boat anchor. This was the day the Dodgers would rue… or so I said. Sometimes subtraction is addition. Pay his salary – get a prospect and move on. This ain’t working. He will start to get hot and then pull something and we are back to square one. Let Ethier and Van Slyke platoon. FIXED!
- Justin Turner – DFA and call up Guerrero. I’m not crazy about platooning him with Gordon because I think Dee needs to prove if he can hit LH pitching – shoot before this year he couldn’t hit RH pitching, so give him a chance. FIXED!
- Kershaw will be called up in the next 10 days. and Dominguez will go back. FIXED!
- Josh Beckett looks like the second coming – 8 IP, 4 Hits, 0 BB, 6 K’s. He looks FIXED!
The FIXES are easy, what worries me is that the Dodgers proclivity not to hit in the clutch can’t be fixed. This has been going on for 5+ years and seems to be part of Dodger culture (except for a 50 game stretch last year). How do you fix that culture? I don’t have a clue and neither do the Dodgers. Otherwise they would have fixed it!
On a side note, Julio Urias, the next big thing, can’t get A hitters out. With his 7.50 ERA he looks pretty pathetic right about now. Trend or temporary issue?
Maybe it’s time for some humor. How about the wallpaper in this men’s restroom?