LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers today recalled left-handed pitcher Paco Rodriguez from Triple-A Albuquerque and optioned infielder Carlos Triunfel to Triple-A Albuquerque.

Rodriguez opened the season with Los Angeles and allowed two runs in 5.2 innings in eight games before being optioned to Albuquerque on April 15. With the Isotopes, he allowed just two hits and struck out two in 3.0 scoreless innings in three appearances, picking up the save in his last appearance on April 26 at Fresno (1.0 IP, 10 pitches).

Triunfel was recalled before Sunday’s game, but did not appear in the contest.

P.S. I have to fly to Atlanta at 6 AM tomorrow for a Google event.  Be back Friday.  Doubt that I can post….  Carry on!

Greenwave-Info

1. Watford Dodger says:

2 good bits of news – Paco’s back and so is Quas! Agreed with your takes on the last thread Badger about Crawford. He’s too good to write off yet. Give him time. Welcome back Quas – missed your takes on things as was shown by your last post on the last thread. Will Email you.

Glad to see the Clippers pull together. I don’t have a horse in that race but would like to see every series go 7 games – though it would be funny to me if the rest if them are all sweeps.

Speaking if sweeps, and I assume we can agree on this, as Sterling is swept out the door, isn’t it funny how a certain element of our populace ran away from Cliven Bundy when he opened his ignorant pie hole? Hopefully we’ve seen the last of that idiot. I wonder if he recognizes the US government now.

Are the Dodgers in Florida yet.

3. Bobbie17 says:

Most of the sites have the Paco headline. It seems like he is now a hero out there. I’ve been his biggest fan since camp broke last year. But for some reason he has lost the dominance he had. Either the hitters are catching up or there is something off in his pitching. Hopefully, he will stay in the pen and regain the form he had pre Sept,2013.

Time to bring up Lee?

Send Wilson to wherever and add Lee to the rotation. The Dodgers next 20 days are going to be hell on this staff, especially if the try to squeeze Minnesota back in the schedule. 43 and raining there now. 60% chance of the same crap tomorrow.

5. Gonzo says:

Badger, on Sterling, I blame David Stern. he was Frank Mcourt before Frank McCourt. The thing is that then Stern had Jordan, Magic, Bird, Robinson et al to divert attention. Well its time to pay the piper and I don’t get why Stern is getting a free pass. Also the new commish,while showing fortitude and moxy is in a win win. He banned him and fined him knowing that the courts can probably overturn this once the liars get involved. Also if sterling is banned why would he have to pay the fine? He’s already been punished to the max. What will happen if he says “F’ you I’m not paying”?

if I were the commish, I would have allowed the entire team, coaches to become free agents without adding to the luxury tax of other teams. No player would ever want to associate with Sterling no matter how much money he offered and eventually he’d be forced to sell.

6. Bball says:

Gonzo. The players new he was a racist before they came to the clippers( unless they were drafted by them of course). So they shouldn’t bitch about something they already new. They took the money from a racist. This is just there chance to add fuel to the fire and they are. And ur right y would he pay. I wouldn’t. And ur also right about stern. Sterling said far worse things in 09 and nothing happened. Same with Baylor in 05. Sure hope we get a game in tonight.

7. Artieboy says:

So we are back to a four man bench: the fourth outfielder, SVS, Turner, and Butera? Assuming we play any of these games in Minnesota we will use a DH. So I guess it’s a three man bench. That doesn’t sound very good.

8. Gonzo says:

True Bball, I agree to a certain extent, but those players heard he was a racist; the only difference now is that they are the ones that got thrown under the bus and it is now personal for them.

Sterling won’t go down without a fight. Unfortunately he too has rights no matter his bigotry. If I was a player on the clips and he was relieved of ownership i’d file a grievance to become a free agent effective immediately.

You’re both right. Sterling is the same guy he always was. And he got entrapped, in his own home, by a person with questionable character and motives. My wife and I have discussed many topics in the privacy of our own home and taken out of context many things can sound worse than they really are. Having said that, I say again, screw Donald Sterling. That guy is several shades of deep creep and is a 10.0 on the repugnant meter. He will fight it, at which time Silver can declare that whole team free agents. That will finish him.

We don’t need more than 4 off the bench. We need pitchers, especially the way Donnie burns through them. We can also pinch hit Greinke if necessary.

btw – just checked Minneapolis weather – 43 with 70-80% chance of rain. Lovely. There was a darn good reason they built that dome, and over in Wisconsin, where people are even more out to lunch, they had enough sense to build a retractable roof.

9. Watford Dodger says:

Well well – Olivio up – FedEx down. Can’t hit any worse really. I think that’s it for Fed – Ned will be in the market now. If they play tonight then Ethier DHs & Crawford bats 9th. Bet he’s never batted in the 9 hole before. Hanley plays so the thumb must be ok.

As part of the Olivo move, the Dodgers moved Billingsley from the 15 day DL to the 60 day DL to make room on the 40-man roster. Guess that means we’re not going to see Billingsley until at least June, if not later.

If the circumstances call for it, the Dodgers would likely call Lee up at some point. However, I think they would prefer not to, since he’s not required to be on the 40-man until November.

I got a feeling we will see Lee later this year. I also have a feeling we will see Pederson and Guerrero. Moves will be made. This outfield thing isn’t working, we need to score more and we will need pitching all year.

Guerrero last 10 games .229 .308 .371 slash line. Wonder if he is bored? He had better get it back.

Warm up. That’s funny. Good luck with this series. I’m betting the Dodgers heads are already in Miami.

I wouldn’t worry about Guerrero’s line during any short term period. .300 hitters don’t hit .300 every month. Might hit .350 one month and .250 the next. Same reason I don’t get too excited during hot streaks. Sooner or later I think we will be seeing Guerrero in LA, just don’t know when that will be. Same could probably be said for Pederson and Lee.

Don’t have the game on right now, but looks like they’ve at least got started.

14. Quasimodo says:

When one asks the question ‘how thick is the earths atmosphere?’ there isn’t a correct answer. But if you were to varnish a desktop globe it would be fairly relative that the thickness of that varnish scales equal to what’s breathable to us. But the atmosphere only thins with distance and never comes to a point where it has ended. I do not believe there is such a thing as a non-racist. While I’m not real up to speed on this Clipper issue I’m pretty certain reverend Al Sharpton has been vocal about it. He’s very much a racist and so are the Kardashians. My grandmother was born on the reservation and I can say “she’s been a good Indian for about 30 years now”. But any non-Indian saying the same thing would be an insult as it means the only good Indian is a dead Indian. I’m mostly a white man, but part of me is a racist to whites. Privacy was a most important issue to those who amended our constitution and if someone says something in their own home and for one person to hear that was recorded to do harm to him, then his privacy has been invaded. Oops! Sorry for my rambling.

Point made Quas. Many scholars on this subject would choose to disagree with your canon, but this is not the place to go into it. Racism, however you choose to define it, is abhorrent, prevalent and not likely to go away any time soon.

2 for 9 WRISP. The beat goes on.

Clumsy fall by Kemp. Didn’t this guy take tumbling in PE? Thought he was supposed to be a superior athlete. Can’t slide and can’t tumble. But he makes $123,000 every night so wtf does he care?

My lord. Can’t ur pen EVER make it easy? Jansen on pace for 100 appearances this year. Time to go get more closers i guess

Paco did NOT look good today. We really need him for an inning at a time

18. BOB says:

Ned – Good job making some personnel moves.

Crawford – Batting 9th? Way to man up Donnie.

Haren – Please save the bullpen for Patterson’s game.

Patterson – 5 innings and 6 runs? Good experiment even if it goes bad.

Doc Rivers – Great interview the other day. Jackie would be proud.

Abdul Jabbar – Good balanced interview, no victim mentality there either.

19. Watford Dodger says:

That is a great win. Just seen the box score & read the reports but a real morale booster. To lose that game before the double header would have made it hard. Lucky to have Grienke and positive that all bar Crawford had a hit. Wilson got through his inning but Paco struggled which is a concern. First time this season I havnt seen a single pitch and we win. Maybe it’s the way forward.

20. Quasimodo says:

My only point was saying no one is glacial pure. But that is wrong as every infant comes into this world glacially non-racist. But I’m glad you pointed out that I’d be disagreed with. That took me to read other paths where racism has existed and it got fun reading about things like the 442 regiment again. At any rate all’s I’m attempting is to be honest with myself and that’s near impossible.

• Quasimodo says:

Several years ago I saw the movie with Van Johnson starring, I think the movie’s title was the 442’s motto ‘Go For Broke’. Johnson starred as an officer in the 442 and quickly gained due respect for these Japanese. I remember Johnson correcting non Japanese soldiers of what is and what isn’t okay addressing the Japanese of the 442. Calling them ‘Buda-head’ was alright with them. I don’t think that would fly in this day.

Can’t get into here Quas as panties get bunched. I was in Marine Coros with several blacks from Detroit and befriended them. Long story. Took some units in college on multi racial studies and learned much. We like to claim we are a melting pot but ethnic hatred runs deep in this nation, always has. Some of it is regional of course, much of it is historical. All of it is deeply rooted. I like your thought about how children come into this world. Who knows, maybe the Indigo Children I hear so much about will change things. Our current Congress sure as hell won’t. It will take time. The younger generation will probably fix it. My generation just continues it.

I have a feeling we will set out to win game one and depending on how deep Haren goes throw Patterson, or whoever it is, to the wolves in game 2. Paco will go back down and some other pitcher not named Lee will come up. This next stretch of games is going to be challenging for our pitching staff. I was hoping Paco could get the last out and was thinking Perez but Donnie wanted that win. He will finish with Perez today if we have a lead. I guess. Maybe League. Hell I don’t know.

Click Here to Leave a Reply