Triunfel will wear No. 45

LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers today recalled infielder Carlos Triunfel from Triple-A Albuquerque and optioned right-handed pitcher Jose Dominguez to Triple-A Albuquerque.

The 24-year-old Triunfel was claimed by the Dodgers on outright waivers from Seattle on April 2.  Triunfel, who made his Major League debut with the Mariners on Sept. 2, 2012 vs. Oakland, has shown the versatility to play shortstop (17 G), second base (6 G) and third base (1 G) in his 27 career Major League games with Seattle from 2012-13. At Triple-A Albuquerque this season, the Dominican Republic native is batting .291 (16-for-55) with four doubles and four RBI.

Dominguez has appeared in four games in three stints for the Dodgers this season.

Commercial-Collage

I just checked – he is hitting a lot better in his last 10 games (.344) than Guerrero (.242). Big step down from Hanley though. Triunfel is a singles hitter. Hope he gets a lot of them.

Wonder what is going on with Guerrero. 0 for his last 10.

Good point Bball. Work a walk too.

I think Colorado’s defense is better than ours. And Turner at short is hardly an upgrade defensively.

Just watching game on my iPhone now. No glitches here. If I hold the phone a foot away from my face it’s the same size as my 46″ Sony.

I have no problems with Triunfel getting a lot of hits. But if he does, doesn’t that mean that either Gordon, Hanley or Uribe will be out of the lineup? So I hope that Carlos gets a hit every time up, but that he doesn’t get up to hit very often. That is of course, unless he’s a late bloomer who turns out to be a Hall of Fame infielder.

“ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.” That’s how I feel. Don’t the Dodgers understand that this isn’t good for my recovery?

4. Watford Dodger says:

Another terrible game. I know it will probably work out ok but these games are really hard to watch. As I’ve said before – you can see how Ryu is gonna go by the first innings. Yesterday he struggled early and so it continued. Colorado have some good players – as noted by Bobby above. If that kid can big then he’s the real deal – Golden Glove in Rookie season last year says it all. Maybe a change if scenery will energise them.

5. Watford Dodger says:

Badger you were right last year – and it’s how you finish not how you start that is important. Hanley won’t be out long and Kershaw back will give it a boost. Have a look at Suzuki the Twins catcher – Free Agent next year – earning $2.75m this year – have always rated him & he would give us a bit of hitting in that position. We need an upgrade even if it’s to platoon with AJ.

6. Rob says:

This is the right time for this road trip. Time to get away and do some soul searching against less then stellar opponents. The team will hit but it remains to be seen if they can hit with RISP. Ethier, Kemp, and Crawford need to step up and help knowing our catcher position is the weakest in the league hitting. You know it’s bad when your catcher has hit into two double plays off of sacrifice bunts.

Click Here to Leave a Reply