… until he shows me he can’t! Look, I have been off the Dee Gordon bandwagon for some time. I thought he wasn’t going to ever “get it” but he has. The only question to be answered is “Can He Hit Lefties?” The only way to answer that question is to let him play. He is a game-changer! He has to be in the leadoff spot. End of story! I love him leading off and Puig batting second. Well, I don’t like Puig’s stupid, bone-headed mistakes like getting thrown out at 3B with 2 out which cost the Dodgers a run.
That stuff has to stop! THINK YASIEL! But you have to love him…. JUST QUIT THAT STUFF – NOW!
Rants & Raves:
- I believe Matt Kemp has no physical limitations now – I believe he will get back into “Bison-Mode” and soon! He also has to play everyday.
- I don’t like Crawford – never have – never kept it secret. Van Slyke and Ethier have to platoon in LF. Fix it!
- I am not impressed by Drew Butera whatsoever!
- Is Hanley Ramirez “THAT GUY” who always gets hurt? THAT GUY?
- Maybe Guerrero should be playing SS at AAA. Hanley is a game-changer when he’s there. Trouble is – he’s not there a lot!
- Stick a fork in Brian Wilson! I guess they are waiting until his ERA hits 20.00 – he’s almost there!
- I predicted A-Gone would have a career year – he’s on that track…
- Paul Maholm has been a nice, inexpensive pickup – good call by Ned. I have to give him credit because I sure tear him up about his bad deals.
- Matt Magill pitched 6 shutout innings last night and Paco got the save in a 1-0 shutout in Game 1 and Stephen Fife pitched 6 innings of shutout ball in the second game. Albuquerque won twice with shutouts. Has that ever happened in the PCL?
- Carlos Triunfel is hitting a little and playing SS – is he a prospect or just organizational depth? The later I think!
- Chris Reed pitch 8 innings last night and allowed 1 run, while walking ZERO! That’s the key – no walks.
- Four words: Eighth inning – Chris Withrow!