This Spring Sucked and Spring Training Sucked too!
- I mean how screwed up has this been? Hardly any Spring Training! The Dodgers and D-Backs have really gotten ripped. maybe it will end up being a good thing, but I don’t know.
- Quas, e-mail me!
- Mercer beats Duke? Who saw that coming? Coach K… are you slipping?
- I was in Orlando all week, where it was in the 70′s all week. It’s 70 here today in Indy and will be 30 tomorrow with a chance of snow. What…..????
- Vegas last week. Orlando this week. Myrtle Beach next week. I need to slow down, but it’s too much fun!
- Andrew Bynum would help the Pacers win the NBA Championship, but he can’t physically do it anymore. What a shame. You see flashes and then he can’t walk the next
- Don’t blame Jim Buss, it was Jeanie that let Phil go! I think the Lakers are toast!
- Turner and Gordon at 2B as a platoon? Looks a lot like it.
- Matt Kemp will be back by April 15th.
- I have to get up at 4AM to watch the Dodgers? Goodnight everybody!
Oh, and then there is this:
Federowicz optioned; three reassigned, three placed on the disabled list
LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced their 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2014 Opening Series in Sydney, Australia. The club also placed pitchers Chad Billingsley (right elbow surgery) and Josh Beckett (right thumb contusion) and outfielder Matt Kemp (ankle surgery) on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 19. Additionally, catcher Tim Federowicz was optioned to the minor leagues and outfielder Joc Pederson, pitcher Zach Lee and infielder Miguel Rojas were reassigned. General Manager Ned Colletti made the announcement. A full Roster is attached for your reference.
The 25-man Opening Day roster as broken down by position:
- Jose Dominguez
- J.P. Howell (L)
- Kenley Jansen
- Clayton Kershaw (L)
- Paul Maholm (L)
- Chris Perez
- Seth Rosin
- Paco Rodriguez (L)
- Hyun-Jin Ryu (L)
- Brian Wilson
- Chris Withrow
- Jamey Wright
- Drew Butera
- A.J. Ellis
- Dee Gordon (L)
- Alex Guerrero
- Adrian Gonzalez (L)
- Hanley Ramirez
- Justin Turner
- Juan Uribe
- Mike Baxter (L)
- Andre Ethier (L)
- Yasiel Puig
- Scott Van Slyke
- Chone Figgins
The following three pitchers have been have been placed under a roster exemption: RHP Zack Greinke, RHP Dan Haren and RHP Brandon League. In addition, outfielder Carl Crawford is on paternity leave.