According to Wikepedia, in Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

The problem is that some of the new trolls… ‘er fans on this site suffer from Confirmation Bias which is the tendency to favor their own hypothesis and selectively collect information that supports their beliefs. Once headed down that path, it’s hard to go back.

Now, that in itself might not be so bad, but they also suffer from an immense need for validation and a temporary rush of feeling superior until, they realize that are just a sniveling coward hiding behind a fictitious moniker, and so they ridicule and harass people who don’t hold their same beliefs.

I take the guys that use their real names seriously and with respect… for the most part.  I also get that most of you don’t want to use your real names, but you still post respectfully, and I am fine with that!

But the trolls are like CHICHIWAWA’s  – loud but harmless!

I shall address Confirmation Bias at a future juncture.  Just be aware… oh and don’t feed the trolls, like I just did!

I hope I didn’t offend anyone, but who cares?

Let’s watch some Dodger baseball, Mates!

harmsco-slide

Confirmation bias is an interesting study. The same evidence often looks very different depending on which side of the street you stand on.

The trolls here mean only to foment. Agree with them and they will move to the other side if the street. Ignore them and they will move on.

Guess it’s time to tee up the Los Angeles angels. Have to admit I really don’t care. Please, no pulled muscles or inflamed joints. These games are meaningless.

Options . . . my TV (DirecTV) has the Angel’s announcers doing the game. My computer has Vin calling the game.

So I have them both on. See if everyone is on the same page.

Yeah. Streaming it. Every tech I’ve talked to says it “should” work fine. Plenty of speed plenty bandwidth – it just keeps stalling. Commercials, which I feel I shouldn’t have to be exposed to, work just fine.

Not sure why you’re having the problem Badger. It’s too bad.

The past 3 weeks, I’ve used this mlb app on the laptop, iphone, and ipad in Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai, as well as in LA before I left. The thing has worked perfectly everywhere, all with a crystal clear picture.

Not sure either but the nuisance factor is about a 9.5.

Your bet should be voided Bill. But I think I’d take the Dodgers anyway.

Missed an inning. Why Gonzalez out?

6. Rob says:

Ethier is having a solid spring and should not be rotated out against lefties. Crawford looks really bad at the plate and might become the fifth outfielder behind SVS. Hope Agon’s elbow is OK.

7. Pete M. says:

Freeway Series…Gm 1… Some good stuff out there … Han Ram’s sweet swing, Zack fought thru a lil stuff to give up 2 ER… Dominguez will be on the bus soon for some more schooling… ‘D’ a different story… Shaky at best Last Night.. Hopefully a miracle shall soon emerge… The Bison in Beast Mode… Hell a guy can hope!??! 164 Gm’s to go…

Pooh Bear,

You are a complete idiot who knows nothing and spouts poo out of your piehole. The fact is, you are a total moron and completely wrong. Here’s what a top site says about intercostal stains:

Contributing factors to the development of an intercostal strain

There are several factors which may contribute to the development of this condition. These need to be assessed and, where possible, corrected with direction from the treating physiotherapist. Some of these factors include:

inappropriate warm up

inappropriate or excessive training

inadequate recovery periods from training or activity

poor sporting technique (e.g. bowling technique, throwing technique)

bowling speed (faster bowlers are more likely to develop an intercostal strain)

poor core stability

muscle weakness

poor flexibility

joint stiffness (particularly the upper back or lower back)

poor posture

fatigue

a lack of fitness or conditioning

inadequate rehabilitation from a previous abdominal or lower back injury

As you once said STFU you pathetic little troll!

WE get stupider each time you enter this site. I’m going to block you BECAUSE I CAN!

I have one final question: Is your ass jealous of the amount of shit that comes out of your mouth?

poo for brains is a moron. What he thinks means nothing to me.

Nice report on the rib strain Mark. Like it came right out of my Chico State Physiology of Exercise text book.

If you only count the earned runs, we beat ‘em 5-4. I am concerned about what I see out there. And not just the physical errors. Covering bases, lack of movement, improper footwork. Much needs to be worked on.

The coverage by Gordon on that throw from home that hit the runner — it was like Gordon was hiding behind the runner. I think even a good throw would have been waisted. Like the SS should have covered.

Agree Roger. Neither covered the base. Miscommunication. That shouldn’t happen in Jr High. At this level it’s inexcusable. That game was lost by giving up unearned runs. Do that when the games count and you’re offering the midgets a shot at the division.

Mark, like you said “Don’t feed the trolls”. These cockroaches feed off of words that respond to them and need that attention. By totally ignoring them they would move on someplace else to feed their pathetic existence. Is that Miguel Cabrera deal insane? Sell-out crowds won’t pay for these spiraling salaries and soon the average Joes at home watching the tube won’t be able to afford it..

Yes. The deal is insane. To us. Not to MLB. Nate Silver said on Olbermann last night that Cabrera will earn 3 years of that money. The rest will be picked up by the suckers who continue to pay inflated prices long after Cabrera is gone. The dollar guys have this all figured out. We paid Jones and Ramirez and a few others long after they were gone and the franchise continued to skyrocket in value. They’ve got us right where they want us n

By comparison, yes. But I don’t do such comparisons. I just look at the numbers. Will Clayton put up 42 WAR over the length of that contract? I have my doubts. But I also don’t doubt the Dodgers will be able to pay that without blinking an eye. They have the fans who will continue to cough up the dough – including me with this mlbtv money I spent.

12. Rob says:

Cabrera will be paid $48,000 an at bat over the length of his contract, that’s really crazy. I don’t understand these long term deals for guys in their 30’s. First Pujols and now Cabrera.

13. SpokaneBob says:

Bill, you shouldn’t be betting on exhibition games because there is no telling who will be in the game after the fifth inning. If it were for real the three closers would have probably shut the Angels down.

Badger and Roger, Gordon was covering second but the crappy throw from the catcher was 10 feet to the right of second base and Gordon was in line to stop it before it hit the runner.

Gordon was BEHIND the bag Bob. You don’t take the throw from the catcher behind the bag. And the throw DID hit the runner! Could be Butera saw nobody covering and tried to hold up. Poor communication. Inexcusable.

And here’s a good case. Same evidence. I saw Gordon behind the bag, and the thrown ball hit a sliding runner. Bob saw Gordon inside the baseline, therefor the ball went by him then hit the sliding baserunner. We both saw the same play.

But fact is Bob and I have been doing this for years. Yep, different sides of the street. I accept it.

Can’t seem to copy it, but go to mlb.com Dodgers and check the video “halos score two on error”. You will clearly see Gordon is 8′ BEHIND the bag and to the first base side if it. Don’t know what you THINK you saw but, once again, the view from your side of the street is wrong.

Click Here to Leave a Reply