Of course, you all know that I put as much validity into PECOTA as you do in believing that I am a writer!  Here’s who PECOTA says will be the TOP 15 players.  Noticeably absent is Hanley Ramirez.  As is Yasiel Puig.

I stole the following data from The Flagrant Fan, since I don’t subscribe to Baseball Prospectus anymore.

1. Albert Pujols – 6.9 WARP
  10. Buster Posey – 4.7 WARP
  11. Andrew NcCutchen – 4.7 WARP
  12. Prince Fielder – 4.7 WARP
  13. Matt Kemp – 4.5 WARP
  14. Joe Mauer – 4.4 WARP
  15. Evan Longoria – 4.3 WARP

PECOTA also loves the Dodgers.  It picks the Dodgers to win 98 Games which is 9 more than anyone else in baseball!  The system projects the Dodgers to only allow 579 runs — easily the lowest number in the majors — while scoring 732, good for second-most in the NL behind the Rockies.

Keep in mind that PECOTA is a computer projection and the game is played by humans, which means that this is an exercise in fantasy!  I have trouble distinguishing reality from fantasy anyway!

Dodger News:

• Gone from Major League Camp are Pedro Baez, Stephen Fife, Yimi Garcia, Jarret Martin,  Nick Buss,  Sam Demel, Daniel Moskos, Chris ReedChris O’Brien and Griff Erickson, although you could see some of them yet!
  • Still nothing on Stripling’s MRI – either his tendon is shredded or it’s OK.  Who knows?

Punch-February-Mouth-Sale1

Been working the tech difficulties of first day with MLBTV. So far I am unimpressed but hopefully I get used to it. After finally working out most of the buffering issues I must accept the pic doesn’t cover my 46″ screen. I got a 35″ picture and it ain’t hi def. I’ll take it for now. Just move my chair a little closer.

Now if the Dodgers will just start hitting.

If Ramirez could play 150 games he could put together a near 6 WAR. So could Kemp. What we need is what we all have been saying since last year – healthy starting players. What I saw today were mostly a team of 0 WAR players. I think it’s safe to say our highest WAR players will be on our pitching staff. Kershaw could hit 6 again.

3. Voldomer says:

Badger, how are you watching MLB.TV? Regular season games definitely will be in HD, but I’m not having any trouble getting full screen video (39″) using a Roku.

How am I watching? Well, I bought mlbtv premium today through my hp computer then hooked it up to the tv through hdmi cable. The pic on the computer looked fine, but it lost something in the transfer. The picture on my tv is not full screen. I have no idea why.

• oldoldman says:

the resolution on your pc must be set to 1920 x 1080 for you to get
      a full screen on the TV. Most TV’s nowadays have a native resolution
      of 1920 x 1080.

5. voldomer says:

It sounds like the problem is with a display setting on the computer. A Roku would be much easier to work with, and any model (even the $50 one) would do.

6. Bob says:

Wilson – Nice Knuckleball today
    Puig – Nice throw & terrible throw
    Pederson – Nice jump on the fly ball
    Howell – Bad day

The D-Backs are acting like they are taking the series down under very serious, and that they planning to be much more prepared to start he season than the Dodgers. All 7 of their starting pitchers have already gone at least 3 innings in a game and none of the Dodger starting pitchers have gone more than 2 innings, while only Rosin has gone 3 innings in a game. 4 D-Backs pitchers have already gone 4 innings and 1 has gone 5. Will the D-Backs surprise everyone and be leading the West at the All-Star break or do they not understand the children’s story regarding the Tortoise and the Hare?

Another $50. I may just be watching these games on my computer – which will work. I’ll just set it in my lap or on a TV tray in front of my recliner.

The folks in Arizona have become very anti LA. They are gearing up for the Sydney Games. Every game against the Dodgers will be huge for them. Make no mistake, they intend to start the year 2-0. Considering where we are at the moment, I’ll take a split and be happy with it.

8. T.O.Dave says:

I dumped Verizon Fios this past weekend and added Time Warner. A no brainier move. SO happy with Sportsnetla LA channel. And I’m paying less with no contract obligation! Glad I didn’t renew my contract with Verizon…couldn’t wait any longer to see if they would carry the Dodgers network. The guy from Verizon who handled my cancelation said, “I understand your decision. The DodgerNation has spoken.”

9. T.O.Dave says:

This new rule change at home plate is a joke. I’m watching the replay of today’s game and that was an easy major league out had Ellis been able to block the plate.

10. Pete M. says:

Bob…Az. stuff alot of Poppycock (damn I’ve always wanted to use that word)…
    I have great faith in their manager, Kirk Boy, to have his team implode some time early in the season…
    I love hearing Rick Monday go off on K.B. on the Australia conspiracy…

Click Here to Leave a Reply