It’s another Saturday night and I ain’t got nobody.

I got some money cause I just got paid.

My wife and son are working at the Ice Cream Shop.

I’m watching Duke and Carolina and the Dodgers – I’ve got it made!

Carolina and Duke on the TV – Dodgers on the i-Pad. (Click on the above picture)

Speed Kills – I like Gordon!

Spring-Everything-Sale

1. Bball says:

I feel u on Steiner badger. I think I’m one of the few that wishes Lyons were still with the dodgers. Orel, ahh ok. I think he’s ok because he is Orel. I wonder why Monday never does tv.

Catcher in baseline without ball. Thought that was a no no this year. I also didn’t see a tag. I had Gordon safe on both counts.

Orel saying not a bit concerned about 3 dingers off Beckett. He said he feels good so, theres that. Man we have a lot of good pitchers.

130 bucks is a lot of money for me these days jerry. But it’s for the year. It cost me more than that to take the wife to one game. I don’t think I’ll be going to any this year so about $16 a month to see every game is worth it to me.

Team 1 for 12 RISP in nightcap. Yeesh. It appears Gordon can steal a base whenever he wants. Pederson made up for 3 k’s. Beckett ok with outing, says he feels good. Guerrero at .273. Doesn’t look the least bit overwhelmed to me.

I am looking forward to today’s game.

Steiner has been ok in the past for me.

But I notice on this games this Spring — when he is calling a pitch that is taken, his description of where the pitch is — is way off. Or call it his location of the pitch to what I am seeing on TV.

Now, maybe where he is viewing the pitch, he really cannot see the location, but he needs to work on this.

5. pete M. says:

Bball you’re not alone! I get ripped every time I say it, but I always liked Lyons. Never cared for Charley and my jury is out on O. damn I’m just spoiled with Vinny.

6. BigBlue says:

Ordered MLBtv Premium only to find out the Dodger home games are blacked out since I live in their territory. Would switch to Time Warner or satellite TV but Charter Cable “owns” exclusive rights to the area I live in and thus cannot switch. Going to Dish or Direct TV does me no good either since they will not pay the fees Time Warner is charging. I would pay it but it isn’t even an option for me.

I live in the Inland Empire (outskirts of LA; 4.4 million people) and before the Fox and McCourt ownership fiascos most people out this way were Dodger fans. After those two ownership groups the majority became Angel fans. This is the kind of stupid move that lost the Dodgers a significant fan base and helped make the Angels into more than an afterthought. I thought we were past this type of nonsense with the new ownership but I guess the stupidity continues – just under a new name.

7. Bob says:

Maholm and Rosin still pitching well. Happy. Hazelbacker got another hit yesterday! Turner should make the team with his bat. Schebler got his first hit. Happy Happy Beckett needs more work. He should be ok.

The Dodgers are once again trying to make pitchers throw more pitches without first establishing that they can rip the ball. Therefore although they are walking more they are also getting behind in the count and must swing at borderline pitches with bad results. Maybe this team is just not the kind of team that can be as easily converted into the Red Sox or Cardinals as Donnie wants them to be.

Steiner is legally blind and has zero depth perception. Even at his age he has not learned to forget about watching the flight of the ball and just look at the fielder’s reaction to determine where the ball is going. If you listen to Vin you can tell, based upon his timing, that he adopted that technique decades ago.

Kershaw – 5 innings and 4 or less runs would be a good outing today. Perfection will come back around later in the month.

Those are the mistakes I’m talking about. He sometimes not only gets the batter’s name wrong he has the team wrong. Very strange. I think Orel will grow into the job. He sure knows a lot of subtleties and translates vivid descriptions in baseball terms. Example, when talking about swing mechanics – “spin the lower half and keep the top half back”. That sums it up perfectly.

Can anyone tell me where the strike zone is on EVERY hitter?

8. jerry says:

it use to be arm pits and knees..the new owners our all about money ..and they dont care about the normal fans..the one that cant aford games..use to be channel 9 and prime time carried all game…and as a dish net person we got all for maybe 5 DOLLARS MORE..NOW SOME ARE TALKING ABOUT 120 MORE..I WONT PAY THAT..

The strike zone for every player is directly over the plate, which is basically a 17″ square. Most guys stand at the back of a 6′ x 4′ box so the strike zone is actually the front knee. If the batter stands at the front of the box it would be the back knee. The top of the strike remains mercurial and like Roger so acutely put it is wherever the ump says it is.

I am not in LA, but here is how I watch nearly EVERY Dodger game:

1. Buy the MLB Premium package (good for i-pad, i-phone or computer);

2. Buy HideMYAss.com to get a different IP address in case the game is blacked out.

It averages out to about a dollar a game and if you don’t think the Dodgers are worth that, you aren’t really a fan.

Just my opinion.

Of course the Dodgers are worth a dollar a game. But there are many retired folks on a fixed income that find $162 is a tough hairball to cough up. I don’t understand why it has to be done this way. It should be free with a cable script because of all the ads between innings. At the very most it shouldn’t cost more than an HBO subscription. There are a lot of people getting filthy rich through this gouge. I wonder what the CEO of Time Warner makes? And how much does the Commissioner make these days? And when a guy like mccrotch-itch can bankrupt the Dodgers and walk away a billionaire tells me we are all getting screwed.

10. Quasimodo says:

I just looked at Dodgers schedule and MLBN is the only channel shown. If those games are blacked out by TWC I’ll be throwing rocks at their vans every time I see one. Can’t say route I’ll take at this stage to view Dodgers games, but X-box might the way to go. Wish I was savvy on these matters-I’m worlds behind in time.

11. Bob says:

Dodgers have the second most BBs in MLB spring training. St. Louis has the least BBs. Learn how to hit before you learn how to walk. Even one of the video highlights today on Gameday was Butera getting a walk.

Freaking Swing The Bats.

Working the count. I know it’s a popular strategy. As long as you don’t take mistakes over the heart if the plate I’m ok with it. In my opinion it’s stupid to look at pitches you like the best. My philosophy was always attack mistakes. Even 3-0. A cookie thigh high over the middle if the plate should NEVER be taken.

12. Voldomer says:

Interesting. I don’t get any commercials at all on the computer package. It must be a regional thing. I find it annoying to have just silence and an MLB logo on the screen (mainly because I don’t have a sense of when the game will come back on if I step into another room, etc.), but I suppose that is better than getting the same commercial over and over and over . . .

Click Here to Leave a Reply