Here’s the long and short of it:
The Dodgers don’t know if Josh Beckett will be healthy and they know that Chad Billingsley might not be healthy until May or June (although it could be earlier). Paul Maholm could benefit from pitching at the Ravine and he usually pitches better at the start of the season rather than later in the season.
H’s guaranteed a million and a half, so if Beckett isn’t ready, Malholm is the answer until Beckett or Bills or Fife or even Magill (yes, Magill). I guess you can’t have too many leftys and too many starters. For the record, I say watch Ross Stripling if you are looking for a darkhorse.
By the way, here’s my TOP 10 DODGER PROSPECTS:
- Corey Seager – Look for him next year
- Ross Stripling – #3 Stuff -watch him
- Julio Urias – He’s climbing fast
- Chris Anderson – Workhorse
- Onelki Garcia – Could make the club this year
- Matt Magill – Just needs to harness his control
- Joc Pederson – 4th OF Tops
- Scott Schebler – Higher upside than Pederson
- Alex Guerrero – I am only putting him here based on the amount of money he is being paid – I have no clue.
- Zach Lee – #5 at best