Irrestible Force (Peyton) verses Immovable Object (Seahawks)

The Denver Bronco’s offense is #1 in all of Football while the Seattle Seahawks Defense is also #1.  It used to be that good defense stopped good offense, but that was when you could manhandle receivers – not anymore.  Seattle is a defensive force, but Denver has the offensive force – Peyton Manning… and Colts Nation, myself included will be rooting for our boy, Peyton.  I have always rooted for him, except for the time the Colts kicked his butt, but if the Colts can’t be in the Super Bowl, I’m glad Peyton is and I am cheering for him.

This is to cement his legacy as the second-best quarterback ever!  Who’s Number one?  Use your eyes.  It is none other than Sir Dan Marino – the right arm of God (Koufax was the left arm)!

Go Peyton – we will always love you!  You built Lucas Oil Stadium, and we are eternally grateful.

Jim Irsay said it best:

“I just couldn’t be more excited,” Irsay told The Star Wednesday. “This is what we were hoping it was going to be – a win-win situation for everybody. I’m so happy for him. We’ve already talked this week about getting him some extra (Super Bowl) tickets and I told him, ‘You’ve got it, buddy. Go get ‘em. Go win it.’ I wish him all the best.

“I couldn’t be happier because he will forever be a Colt and a part of so many years of greatness here. I’m just really rooting for him to get that second ring. That would be awesome.

“And we’re obviously on track; actually we’re past where we thought we would be with Andrew (Luck). If Peyton had stayed, it would have been a joke with what we could have been able to field in 2012. It would have been crazy to think we could have put a team together with Peyton.

“It was just an impossibility. Now we have the perfect situation, where we’re way ahead of schedule and Andrew is achieving things beyond our wildest expectations, and Peyton has a chance to get that second Super Bowl ring. It’s been a win-win and that’s what we were hoping for.”

I also like Pete Carroll (even if he is  cheater) and the Seahawks.  I like really, really like Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Derrick Coleman, Marshawn Lynch and Golden Tate (ND).  I am going to enjoy the game, but my heart will be with Peyton.  Colts, I mean Broncos 27; Seahawks 24.  Go Horse!

Dan_Marino

37 Responses to “Irrestible Force (Peyton) verses Immovable Object (Seahawks)”

I got no love for Denver anymore.

Go Ospreys!!

If the zebras call this game the way they have called the other playoff games – Hawks 27-24. If they call it tight, flip that score.

2. Watford Dodger says:

Go Hawks.

3. Bball says:

Super Bowl. More like the shit bowl. What a crappy game

Manning is the best ever from Sept-Dec.

Come Jan and Feb, I’ll take tons of other guys over him

Well, that is over . . .

Now on the Spring Training . . . in baseball.

Mark,

If you could spell “irresistible” maybe the Broncos would have had a chance. But as Vin Scully told us the other day, it will now be “all baseball, all the time.”

Didn’t see that coming. I won 2 quarters on the board. Not a lot of money cuz we only had 5 guys in it, but, I’ll take it and buy myself a latte and a scone tomorrow.

Since the Lakers suck – it’s now baseball season.

8. Bob says:

The super bowl was a joke. Kinda like Sean’s posts.

I remember watching the Broncos get creamed 55-10 in another Super Bowl years ago. I thought that was the biggest snoozer I ever saw. I was in a house in Northern California filled with 9er fans who thought it was the greatest game ever. I’m sure the PNW is celebrating big time. They only have one other championship in their history. I was fine with this one. Enjoyed every minute. Like I said, I have no love for Denver. It’s a cold, dark, dirty city in my view.

Now the Lakers can trade Gasol and we can look forward to Spring Training.

10. Pete M. says:

Damn I think I hear John Denver roll over a wee bit… Thank God for the commercials, which I will complete watching today… Otherwise good company and good food takes a little of the sting away…

11. Pete M. says:

Badger…I’ve got ST ahead, but still luv my March Madness…

12. jhallwally says:

Sorry, Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas are the best QB’s of all time. Notice, I covered two different eras… Otto Grahm is right up there with them if you want to bring in a 3rd, earlier era…..

I met Otto Graham. A real gentleman. I got his autograph somewhere around here. Met him the same day I met Jonny Bench – who was red eyed and hung over, but accommodating.

Though I’m not that crazy about the basketballing the Madness IS worth a look. You gonna sign up for the billion dollar prize?

Deutchendorf Jr wasn’t singing about the city of a Denver, which isn’t in the mountains. I think he was more into Vail and Aspen. And didn’t he die in California? Yeah, I think he lived out there.

14. Idaho al says:

Sorry Mark. I am from Idaho and you know who I would like. Seattle’s defense was way too much for Peyton and Denver. A lot of these draft choices are from round 3-7. If the Dodger scouting staff can be as good as the Seahawks, then the Dodgers are going to be a winner.

15. Bob says:

Major League IV in the works. Should we look forward to this movie or just grow up?

Football is over. Lakers suck, but if we’re gona suck, let’s suck hard!! Trade Pau, get more assets. Trade Blake, Meeks, whomever. Gota tear it down to rebuild it back up quickly.

Kings suck now too. Zero offense. They’re beginning to get boring to watch.

Thank the lord pitchers and catchers report in a week!!

17. Pete M. says:

I’m in Badger… Give the pool to my lovely Asian wife who doesn’t know a basketball from a lacrosse game… I’m a shoo-in right!?!?

18. Bobbie17 says:

Marino was great, but had a similar experience in the 1985 Super Bowl in Pasadena against the 49ers. It is too bad that so much emphasis is placed on winning the big one. I guess that is what the HOF is for; to include others who didn’t win. That is also the reason that the Dodgers won’t mean anything until they win the Big One. I am glad that Koufax had great WS before his last one in 1966. They can’t say he didn’t win the Big One. That has to be Kershaw’s target, before he will get the credit he might deserve.

You got a 1 in a billion chance Pete.

Nothin else really happnin.

Today Donnie Softball indicated he may use Puig at leadoff spot.

Personally, I LOVE that idea. I’ve wanted him leadoff all along. (I also think Scioscia was stupid for moving Trout from leadoff)

In my perfect world, our lineup is:

Puig
    Crawford/Ethier
    Hanley
    AGone
    Kemp
    Uribe
    Guerrero
    AJ
    pitcher

Puig leading off is fine with me. And Crawford is probably best suited to bat second. However, assuming Puig will play 150 or more games, we’re likely to see Ethier, Crawford and Kemp splitting the rest of the time, depending in some degree on matchups, and on everybody’s relative health and performance. So who will bat second when Crawford is out of the lineup? Mattingly apparently is looking to alternate right-left-right-left and so on throughout the lineup. But I could see that changing on occasion. Maybe even Kemp gets some time at #2, or maybe Guerrero shows that he’s capable of hitting there. Even Gordon when and if he manages to get into the lineup occasionally.

Should be an interesting year. But mostly for me it’s not about lineups, it’s about health. If everyone is healthy this team will score no matter what the lineup.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the ideal baseball lineup has a .400 OBP base stealer guy leading off followed by a .300 hitting LH hitter with speed in the two hole. I think Puig could conceivably get on at over .360 and Crawford has a lot of experience hitting in that two hole. When those guys aren’t in? I don’t know. For years I thought Ethier would be perfect batting second, but I haven’t seen him there much. May not matter. I think with this group you could pull names out of a hat and score enough runs to beat most teams. Especially with our pitching. We have a really good staff.

Brooklyn’s right. This team’s success is dependent on health.

Pederson could have a future in the 2 hole.

Puig
    Pederson
    Kemp
    AGon
    Hanley

• Roger Dodger says:

I think Pederson could be a perfect lead-off guy as well.

Boy, I hope he has a good Spring and can hit major league pitching. Since we are told that Kemp will not be ready April 1 — and Crawford is not a 162 game player — Pederson could stay awhile and be the 4th outfielder, pinching hitting, pinch running when needed, late inning replacement in the outfield — and starting some games.

Yep. He’s still very young, but as far as I can tell he’s next up. If our china doll outfield can’t answer the bell, then we can as Joc to strap it up. (see what I did there) I have no problem giving him an opportunity.

• Bob says:

“China Doll” is a perfect description for these breakable toys. Somebody said once that if it ain’t breakable then it ain’t China

24. Rob says:

I love that Donnie is thinking about leading off with Puig. That line up would be scary IF everyone can stay somewhat healthy. Puig, Crawford, Ramirez, gonzo, kemp or eithier, Uribe, Guerrero, AJ, Kershaw, oh how sweet!

25. Rob says:

I hope Joc can win a final roster spot, if not he will be waiting for another injury.

26. Bobbie17 says:

I hope leading off does not change the way Puig attacks the ball. To me, he is more of a 3,5,6 type hitter. I really don’t want to see him bunting, trying to hit to the opposite field, etc. I think he is too aggressive a hitter to be effective at 1. It is a nice way to open a game, though. Maybe the fans at the stadium will show up on time.

27. Rob says:

Hitting lead off might help his discipline on that ball that cuts off the plate. He is so versatile I doubt he will be bunting as much as swinging away. That’s what makes him so dynamic, he can kill you in so many different ways like trout.

28. Gonzo says:

To me, a leadoff hitter is only needed once and that is to start a game. Other than that every other batter has a chance to leadoff an inning. My thinking is that if Gonzo leads of the 2nd does he try to see as many pitches as he can and just get on base or should he be thinking of driving he ball?

29. Bob says:

Based upon last years stats Puig is much better as a lead off batter than at any other place in the batting order and in fact had a terrible batting average with runners on base. Hopefully he will continue to improve and therefore will be a valuable player at any spot in the order during 2014.

Lead off to me means for the entire game you will be immediately followed by the four best hitters in your entire organization. A guy on THIS team getting on at .400 will score 135 runs, which translate to wins.

Interesting piece at MSTDD on our #5. Nobody there talking about it so maybe we could here. After watching Donnie blow it in person down at Chase Field it reminded me that he did learn his staff management techniques from Torre, which is a scary thing. Mike mentions we don’t really need a 5th until mid April but personally I think we should have one recognized by Opening Day. If we don’t sign one I feel the job will likely change hands all year. Magill? Beckett? Magill/Beckett/Fife? MBF/Billingsley? As we clearly know, you cannot have too much pitching.

And one more thing I know I am not the only one thinking about – now that Kershaw is officially the richest pitcher in history, what will happen? Will he suddenly go Matt Kemp on us? Keep the pitching coming.

1. [...] Irrestible Force (Peyton) verses Immovable Object (Seahawks) The Denver Bronco’s offense is #1 in all of Football while the Seattle Seahawks Defense is also #1.  It used to be that good defense stopped good offense, but that was when you could manhandle receivers – not anymore.  Seattle is a defensive force, but Denver has the offensive force – Peyton Manning… and Colts [...]… [...]