There’s bound to be some twists and turns starting Friday as the Dodgers open the NLCS in St. Louis. Some of this will happen, but not all:
- Andre Ethier will start in CF Friday
- Paco Rodriguez will be replaced with Carlos Marmol on the NLCS roster
- Ryu will be replaced by Edinson Volquez
- Ricky Nolasco will be replaced by Brandon League (I’m delusional)
Rants & Raves:
- The prognosis on Ethier sounds promising.
- The Dodger MVP in the NLDS was Yasiel Puig. He was the starter. Ramirez was also awesome, but Yasiel was the starter. Crawford was huge but Puig started it all. A-Gon and AJ were solid but Puig was the starter. Clayton was pitching on an MVP level, but Yasiel is the MVP!
- No, even after Kershaw’s performance in the last game, I cannot say he is the greatest Dodger pitcher of all time…. Yet! I have already stated that no one will likely have 4 better years than Koufax’s last 4 years, but it is a fact that at age 25, Clayton is way ahead of Sandy at the same age. I do predict that Clayton will be the best Dodger pitcher of all time, not based upon 4 or 5 years like Koufax, but based upon 12-15 years. His 12-15 years will surpass Sandy’s 4 years (that were incredible). But face it, Koufax was only great for 4 years. No excuses. It is what it is.
- Jon Weisman said it best: “Clayton Kershaw, starting for the first time in his major-league career on three days’ rest, was absolutely on his game, burnishing his legend as this generation’s Sandy Koufax. (Fine, they’re two different people and one hasn’t locked up the Hall of Fame yet, but I’m tired of people trying to deny their equivalency.) Kershaw faced 24 batters and allowed only three singles and a walk while striking out six – meaning that he had struck out 18 in 13 NLDS innings.”
- Kevin Towers is an idiot and Derrick Hall should fire him now!
- The Giardi signing blows my Mattingly to the Yanks prediction.
- Juan “Freakin’” Uribe!
- Dodgers in 6!