The Cardinals own Clayton Kershaw. They beat him like a rented mule. Mercifully, it is over. Now I can concentrate on my Indianapolis Colts. This was a tough season and I am weary. This site will be open for comments, but I will be gone for a while. You know what to do.
Back to the issue at hand: This team was never built right. I said it from the beginning. I liked it when they got hot, but here is the difference between the Dodgers and Cardinals: The Cards have hit all year with RISP. The Dodgers haven’t. I think it’s time to cut bait. It’s time for a new culture and regardless of what anyone thinks, Don Mattingly needs replaced. He’s part of the old culture. That said, he’ll probably be back, but I hope they don’t extend him.
I would make a number of changes in the way this team is constructed. Here is what I would do:
- Trade Yasiel Puig to the Marlins for Mike, er’ Giancarlo Stanton and maybe a prospect or two. Rationale: Puig has more talent but is erratic and the Marlins need a Cuban National to draw fans.
- Trade Matt Kemp to the Mariners for Kyle Seager, End of story. If you don’t get the ramifications, it’s on you.
- Trade Andre Ethier and Dee Gordon to the Reds for Brandon Phillips.
- Sign Shin-Soo Choo as a free agent to play CF.
This is my lineup:
- Choo CF (an OB% machine)
- Crawford LF (natural place)
- Ramirez SS (MVP)
- Gonzalez 1B (Solid)
- Stanton RF (40 HR)
- Phillips 2B (Great spot for him)
- Seager 3B (This guy is a #5 hitter)
- Ellis C (He can play for me any day)
I am tired of the “potential” of Ethier and Kemp. Delete!
Make the deals. Ellis (Mark), Uribe and Young are gone.
Forget Cano – too much money.
Let Nolasco walk. If you don’t need him in the playoffs, you don’t need him. Beckett, Billingsley, Lee and Stripling are at the ready.
P.S. I still believe that Clayton Kershaw will be the greatest Dodger pitcher of all time.