Categorized | Press Releases

DODGERS ANNOUNCE POSTSEASON ROSTER

ATLANTA – The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced their 25-man roster for the 2013 National League Division Series, which begins tonight with Game 1 at Turner Field in Atlanta. First pitch is scheduled for 8:37 p.m. ET/5:37 p.m. PT.

The Dodgers will carry 11 pitchers and 14 position players. The roster is as follows:

Pitchers (11)                                               Position Players (14)

RHP Ronald Belisario                                      OF Carl Crawford

LHP Chris Capuano                                         C A.J. Ellis

RHP Zack Greinke                                           2B Mark Ellis

LHP J.P. Howell                                              OF Andre Ethier

RHP Kenley Jansen                                         C Tim Federowicz

LHP Clayton Kershaw                                     1B Adrian Gonzalez

RHP Ricky Nolasco                                         IF Dee Gordon

LHP Paco Rodriguez                                        OF Yasiel Puig

LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu                                          IF Nick Punto

RHP Brian Wilson                                           SS Hanley Ramirez

RHP Chris Withrow                                         IF/OF Skip Schumaker

3B Juan Uribe

IF/OF Scott Van Slyke

IF Michael Young

The NLDS continues tomorrow night with Game 2 at 6:07 p.m. ET/3:07 p.m. PT at Turner Field.

The series shifts to Los Angeles on Sunday with Game 3 (Time TBD) at Dodger Stadium.  Game 4 (if necessary) is scheduled for Monday (TBD) and Game 5 (if necessary) would be played on Wednesday, October 9 at Turner Field (time to be determined).

government-shut-down

53 Responses to “DODGERS ANNOUNCE POSTSEASON ROSTER”

The only real surprise is Dee Gordon – evidently they want some speed to replace the loss of Kemp. Maybe he\’s starting in CF ?

HA!

;)

2. Watford Dodger says:

Well much as expected – Cappy ahead of Marmol is a surprise but I guess they want another lefty.

3. Quasimodo says:

Gordon in the lineup could also be a sign that Ethier is healthier than supposed. Any which way speed was Gordon’s only ticket and it just may come into play.

4. Watford Dodger says:

No League – what are we going with him next year?

My lord the season finally begins today!!

6. Hawkeyedodger says:

The exact 25 I was hoping for. Capuano can go multiple innings, has a good history against Atlanta and provides a 3rd lefty. Dee offers speed which is one more thing than Hairston.

I’m just happy I won’t have to see Hairston with a bat in his hands.

Even without Kemp, and with a lame ‘dre, Dodgers still favorites to win NL pennant.

8. Quasimodo says:

@ Dodgerthoughts Jon Weisman says Ethier should lead off and Chad Moriyama agrees 100%. I disagree 100% and fail to even see that side of an argument. I’m certain Braves agree 100% and would love getting both Ethier and Gordon out of the way in the very 1st inning. If anybody here thinks batting Ethier lead is a good idea I’m game to argue. I’ll stand and finish KNOWING that is a bad idea.

i will light a candle for Hairston . . .

Andre lead off? Last I heard he couldn’t run. I haven’t read the argument yet but without looking I’m with you Quas. One of the primary qualifications of a lead off guy is the ability to get around the bases quickly.

I hope he was joking with that idea. Ethier/Gordon done after 1 inning. What’s the point??

Ok, I get it. Outside the box. Assuming dre does get on, it’s not the worst idea. What if he doesn’t get on? You got a limping Ethier in CF? Or did you just basically pinch hit Ethier in the first with nobody on?

Not gonna happen.

This is the kind of planning people will entertain knowing we have a weakened offense.

13. Quasimodo says:

Not to berate very knowledgeable sports writers…well in this instance I am. Plain silly and wasn’t well thought through. As outside the box? Hardly. Not complex enough to be considered outside. Way too simple. And way too wrong.

Wait a minute. If Ethier gets on first with a walk (something Crawford and Puig won’t do), Gordon comes on, steals second, takes third on a ground ball to the right side then scores on a ball that bounces a few feet away from the catcher, the Dodgers have just given Kershaw a 1-0 lead in the first without a hit! Genius!!

Still won’t happen.

Brilliant. And on the money.

You know what really stood out for me in that article Bobby?

“77-year old Sandy Koufax, the greatest pitcher in Dodgers history,”

Again, brilliant.

• Bobby says:

oh god not this argument again

you guys are worse than our idiotic congress!

NOBODY is worse than our idiotic Congress.

This is just a friendly jab at the guy who insists that Kershaw will be the greatest Dodger pitcher of all time. The Congress’ obstruction tactics is costing people real money – and lots of it. Like Letterman said, this could hurt their 10% approval rating.

Kershaw and Koufax are basically Kobe and Magic.

Both are the top 2, and people will have their opinions on who’s better. I could really less, aside from the fact Magic and Kobe gave me 10 rings (well I didnt follow until 85, so really 8 rings).

Now Kersh needs to match Koufax when it counts; playoff time

15. Quasimodo says:

And it shouldn’t happen. There’s so many more scenarios that WILL present itself further in the game. Eliminating two of those options too early is not genius. We will see Gordon pinch run tonight and its also possible we may see Ethier bat him home. That is not possible if Ethier were to lead.

16. Quasimodo says:

My brother works in PX at Fort Irwin Army Base. He told me last night that Fort Irwin is the only PX that hasn’t shut down in the country. I’m not sure I believe him.

17. Quasimodo says:

Oops! insert ‘commissary’ delete PX

Mark, please explain to me again — why the Dodgers did not get Beltran a few years back? I forgot.

I haven’t read anything today, but agree that Ethier leading off (is he even going to be in the starting lineup?) is asinine. The argument has to be that he will get on (odds are about 1 in 3) and Gordon will pinch run and move around the bases much like Badger described above. And even if Gordon replaces Ethier in the outfield, the Dodgers have immediately depleted their bench, and assumed that Kershaw will pitch a 1-0 shutout. OK, that’s possible, and is only a good move if it works and we can look back on it with 20-20 hindsight.

And if Ethier doesn’t get on, do we even know if he can play on defense.

At this stage of the season I think Paco is best suited to the LOOGY role, therefore making Capuano that much more valuable. Besides, it was him or League or Volquez. My vote goes to Cappy.

Right now, Gordon has one strength, his speed. And to me, Hairston has no strengths other than his veteran experience. Given that we have a lot of guys like that, my vote goes to Gordon’s speed. But that could turn out badly if Gordon gets thrown out stealing or picked off. But I believe in attacking, and not just waiting around for things to happen.

Here’s hoping that the days he’s had off have given Puig a chance to reflect, and he comes out focused and more under control, while still retaining the enthusiasm we all love. Tall order, but you never know.

Interesting to see the Cardinal / Pirate match-up today.

The Pirates have been grinding it out — and start, without their #1 on the hill.

So the division leader — gets to use their #1 and the scrapping alive Pirates have to go down in the order.

Heard that, that is what MLB wanted. An advantage to the division leaders over the other teams.

This might be a different series if it had been both #1′s on the mound. Interesting.

What the MLB wants is the Red Sox against the Dodgers. The Cards would be a second choice but a Boston LA series would be blockbuster.

22. Bball says:

Here we go boys. Road to glory starts now. Come on baby. I’m pumped

Game hasn’t started and I’m already sick of that old, tiresome chop chant.

First batter and we are already swinging at pitches out of the strike zone.

Looks like the Braves pitcher brought his A game with him tonight.

Braves fans are into this game.

So just wait till the bottom of the Dodger order . . .

27. Bball says:

Little to amped up. Slow it down. Slow it down

28. Quasimodo says:

Looks like Dodgers are in quite the scrappy mood!!!!

Hit it to left.

11 more wins

Go Blue

30. Jimbo says:

A comment I saw on MSTI about Gattis’s fielding just came true.

the sac fly was nice. The 2 out RBI by our future manager was huge!!

Time for Kershfax (Koushaw?) to step up

32. Quasimodo says:

THAT’S what I’m talking about!

33. Bball says:

How about this as an unsung hero/ junkyard dog. DON mother effin MATTINGLY. He’s gonna prove he belongs boys just watch. What a start. What a start. Hell ya

Great start. Keep the pedal to the floor and shut up that chop slop.

I will watch the Braves at bats with the tv muted.

Too many pitches Kerfax. A quick 5th would be nice.

And he makes it so.

Great gutty performance thru 4, then masterful typical Kersh from 5-7.

Now Zack Greinke needs to step up tomorrow!

This ump sucks.

40. Rob says:

Keeping Jensen in this long is such a bad managerial move Donnie!

well no Kenley tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the pen steps up, and Greinke can go deep.

1 down, 10 to go, kids!

42. Watford Dodger says:

Great win but KKKKKKKKKkKKershaw 124 pitches – ouch.
    Forget pitching on short rest. I know it’s hard being the 1st game but 124 pitches? Did we not feel we had enough of a buffer to trust the pen? This is game one of hopefully a long post season – we may need him in a much tighter situation somewhere down the line.
    However the result really does put the pressure on Atlanta. We had some really decent at bats, making them work for their outs – something we haven’t been doing well of late.
    If Zack can pitch well tonight we must have a great chance as our batters look dialled in.
    Once again – a great start.

Kerfax! By the time he is done …,blah blah blah

It’s about his NEXT game now.

He and Kenly both looked rusty. An extra days rest should help them both.

Great offensive effort after a scary first inning. Going to see Gravity this morning then afternoon baseball. Life is good here. If only the Boner would grow a pair.