You should pay me to talk crazy…

… because when I do, these guys play out of their a$$!

The Dodgers all read LA Dodger Talk and are bent on proving me wrong.  That’s a fact (and I’m a Rocket Scientists too).  ;)

Juan “Freakin” Uribe!  Holy Cow!

Bring it!

OK – here’s the inside scoop on Guerrero:  It’s the same as Puig – who knows?

new_contest

23 Responses to “You should pay me to talk crazy…”

1. jerry says:

your right mark ..we talked about them ..and then the got really hot..

No doubt about it, LA Dodger Talk is required reading in the Dodgers clubhouse. Something tells me that you could probably sell an awful lot of RO systems to players and management alike.

3. Quasimodo says:

I don’t know if all of them do, but I know for a fact that some of the Dodgers read here. And with that word probably gets spread around. Maybe it helped Juan Uribe work even harder. I’m guilty of speaking harsh words towards him and continually seek new ways to prepare crow so I don’t get too sick of it.

Hell Quasi, Juan may eat crow and banana pie with ya……. Way to fire up the boys last night guys. Great Job……

Wonder if their wives and or girl friends read here — bet they do.

6. Quasimodo says:

Golly, I’d put a couple bucks on their wives being on the sick of baseball side. They’re probably quietly hoping Dodgers fail to make it postseason.

Mark. not sure i believe that you believe half of what you say, but this site is so great that i feel the need to buy u a drink!

I agree, where should I send the check?
    You worked wonders with your old boy Ethier a couple of years ago, so whatever it takes.

A few pins in the Volquez doll would help

Quas,

All those harsh words were deserved. Serve me a plate of crow, because I still don’t want Uribe re-signed, and don’t expect that in the long run I’ll have to eat any of it. As we all know, one great game does not a season make. And even one good season (based on Uribe standards) does not justify a shiny new contract.

And something has to be said about him hitting 3 bombs on a night when the Dodgers hit 6. I’m sure Uribe is a nice guy, maybe even a saint of the highest order. I still don’t want him in our lineup. I know that there’s better out there, and I have no confidence that he’ll sustain this. And once we get into the playoffs, and Uribe has to face more #1 and #2 types, the more I think his weaknesses will be exploited.

Even though there’s other guys as good, sign Nolasco, simply because doing so does not require the loss of a draft pick (assuming a lot of those other guys are going to get qualifying offers). That Japanese guy (Tanaka) looks interesting based on some stuff I read earlier today. Low to mid 90′s fastball with what’s described as a quality split.

Just do what I did – buy a home water system from Mark. Might as well, he will beat any price.

It wasnt that difficult to predict Uribe having a better year – a. it’s a contract year and 2. he hit around .196 the last two years.

Denver blows. Raining like crazy. With the wife’s family so no game tonight.

Dodgers read this? Good. They will know we were behind them all year. Some of us were a little further behind……

12. Bball says:

Donnie needs to leave puig hitting lead off. I love him in that spot. Uribe. That’s my boy. He’s gonna be gold in the playoffs I just no it. And when he is ill be sure to let all of you guys no it as well. Go Uribe

13. Watford Dodger says:

The magic returns?

14. Quasimodo says:

Dodgers own the lowest magic number.

15. Idaho al says:

There is a very good article in the L. A. Times on Kenly Jansen. He certainly deserves a good salary.

Brooklyn, been turning over those “dimes” on my desk like crazy.

Someone in the clubhouse, plugged in the power cord. And the power is up a bit.

I have not seen every AB of Puig over the last several days, but what I have seen is — pitchers have his number. Hard sliders, curves –and he is not getting good wood on the ball. He will adjust, but he has been brought to earth and is now like other mortals.

Magic number 6. I really want to beat AZ today, so that we can clinch this weekend vs. the trash from sf.

Oh, and Paco needs to pitch more. I mean rest more. I mean pitch more. i mean rest more?

18. SpokaneBob says:

Brooklyn, I am with you on Uribe, but for now he is our best option at thrid base. I appreciate his defense and will take any contribution he can make on offense. Also, from everything I have read his main value may be as a mentor to Puig. I feel that 3rd base should be our highest priority for an upgrade this winter.

Maybe Uribe would take a serious pay cut to be a utility guy/Puig babysitter next year.

Nah. He didn’t work this hard in a contract year to do the Dodgers any favors.

Clinch against the midgets. Love that idea.

20. Bobbie17 says:

Michael Young over Uribe, assuming the price and years are right. Nolasco is a must. The 5th starter can come from the farm to start bring ing along some of the younger guys. Good job by the bullpen last night. I have had my doubts. That is the key element in a long playoff drive.

Spokane,

My sentiments exactly, if only because there is nothing that can be done now. I expect as we move more and more of the guys signed under McCourt off this team, that there will be significant moves to upgrade wherever possible. In time the new owners will take “ownership” of the entire roster.

Badger, hopefully Puig continues to grow up, and has less and less need for a babysitter. Besides, he has Agon, and maybe another Cuban or two next year to keep him company. Maybe he’ll be doing the mentoring to his Cuban compatriots. But if Uribe will sign a cheap contract to stay on as a reserve, I have no problems with it. But like you said, “Nah”, that ain’t happening. Uribe will be seeking another nice payday, and that I don’t want him to get with the Dodgers. Nor do I think they’re going to give it to him.

Roger, it will take time with Puig. I don’t expect that he’s going to get it and retain it all at once. This will take some time, and there will be some regression. But Puig will get better, and better, and …. It is one of the concerns that I have for the Dodgers in the postseason. But who knows, maybe a light goes on and he gets hot again for another month, or not.

22. SpokaneBob says:

Mattingly refered to a two year time frame for Puigs maturation. It will certainly be an on going process. I believe it will be worth the wait.