- Los Angeles Dodgers – $216,753,000
- Arizona Diamondbacks – $86, 300,000
- Colorado Rockies – $73,949,000
- San Diego Padres – $68,333,000
- San Francisco Giants - $136,908,000
That tells the tale. The Dodgers bought the NL West. I’m happy because I am a Dodger fan, but I’m not proud. Anyone can overspend and maybe win because of it. Here is what the NL West teams payed per win:
- Dodgers – $2,491,000
- Arizona Diamondbacks – $1,120,000
- Colorado Rockies – $1,071,000
- San Diego Padres – $962,433
- San Francisco Giants - $1,955,000
Based upon that, the Dodgers won purely on their ability to outspend any other team. The Padres were the wisest stewards of their money spending almost 2.5 times less per win than the Dodgers. Look out! These guys are smart.
I am happy but a little sad as well. I feel like a Yankee fan.
Maybe I’ll feel better if the Dodgers can buy the World Series.
Rants & Raves
- Can Brandon League, Carlos Marmol and Ronald Belisario be trusted in the playoffs? I don’t think so.
- Michael Young or Jerry Hairston, Jr.? Close call but I have to go with Young.
- Unless Don Mattingly wins the World Series, he won’t be back. He has to be replaced.
- I have always said Fed-Ex would surprise with his hitting.
- Rest or Play? That’s the question.