Private Conversations

The following exchanges were overheard at Dodger Stadium yesterday:

• What happened?” – Juan Uribe on the hidden ball trick used on him
  • What the hell just happened?” – Tim Wallach on failing to notice the hidden ball trick
  • What were you two thinking?” – Don Mattingly to Uribe and Wallach about the hidden ball trick
  • We don’t need our bats tomorrow because Clayton is pitching.” – Dodger offense about their hidden bats when Kershaw is pitching

Other Dodger Stuff:

• Bill Plaschke of The LA Times wrote about the late Mike Sharperson and hit it out of the park.  R.I.P. Stuntman!
  • Tony Jackson is doing a great job at DodgerScribe.com.  It’s about the only site a Dodger fans needs.
  • Zach Lee was dominant last night with 6 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 1 BB and 8 K’s.  His ERA is 3.10
  • Can you imagine how good Yasiel Puig will be when he figures it out and matures?
  • Can you imagine how good this lineup will be when Kemp and Ramirez come back?
  • This team is special and the nation will see them tonight.

Kick-Off-to-School

107 Responses to “Private Conversations”

Is this team set — for the post season (assuming Hanley and Kemp are back in some form) ?????

Sometime, when a team is going like a train, full steam down the track, you leave it alone. Seems that even the JV guys are helping when asked to . . . but we also know there can be dry stretches.

Is Uribe, Punto, Hairston, Gordon, Ellis, Schumaker — the so called extras enough.

I call Mark Ellis to this ground because Sch or Gordon or Punto can play second.

Or does Ned bring in 1 or 2 players to strengthen — thus, cutting or trading or letting walk 1 or 2 of the present players.

I keep Punto, he can play SS if needed, 2b, and most likely 3rd if need.

Ellis stays, he is the man sometimes.

I keep Schu because when he is hot, he is hot — both in the outfield or 2b.

Hairston is working now as well.

So we are down to Gordon and Uribe.

Oh, wait !!!! When KEMP come back, a roster spot on the 25 needs to go. Gee, who will that be? Gordon, Hairston . . .

If a new comer is picked up . . . then another goes.

In the end, I think the roster is frozen after adding Kemp. But NED, surprise us.

Mark, Is it just me, or is there a problem on this site? Lately I find that after I click on them, it takes an inordinate amount of time for the webpage and even the threads to load. And if I submit a comment, there is also a delay before it actually posts. Otherwise, everything is just fine.

Roger, I suspect there is stuff in the works, and that we may see a change or more in the coming weeks. How much and what is done may well be dependent on the conditions of both Kemp and Hanley. There could even be a move or two from within. For example, haven’t heard anything about Jose Dominguez except the fact that he is eligible to come off the DL. And what about Stephen Fife? Will Brian Wilson be effective? If the Dodgers make it to the postseason (sorry, but I don’t count my chickens until they hatch) do they carry the extra pitcher or somebody like Dee Gordon to lengthen their bench? I suspect the latter, although it doesn’t have to be Gordon.

I think it’s important that the Dodgers continue to maintain or even lengthen their lead, if only because it gives them some breathing room, and less of a reason to try to force the issue and rush Kemp and/or Hanley.

“This team is special and the nation will see them tonight.”

I agree. So I take you have fully abandoned your “don’t like bullies, I tried to warn you, embarrassed by the spending” tag lines of earlier this year? Good. Welcome aboard. The Dodgers are doing things right, are leading all of baseball in attendance, are relevant again and will be kicking ass and taking names for years to come. WE ARE BACK!

Now, will they play .800 ball the rest of the year? Nope. There will be some let downs here and there, guys will get tired and have some bad runs, but…….. big BUT……. we have the guns sitting on the bench now that will lift the load and carry it come September. Kemp has hardly played, and the same can be said about Ramirez. Uribe is playing well enough, and with Schu and Punto rotating in and out, we may have enough. I was sure hoping for that second base upgrade, but, if this is the team we ride – I am ok with it.

If we have large leads going into the 7th inning, I would like to see the Dodgers limit the pitch counts of our starting rotation. The pen seems to have it together now – I don’t want to see Greinke, Kershaw and Ryu throw more than 105 pitches. If they are on task, they should be throwing no more than an average of 15 pitches per inning, so 105 is 7 innings. If they don’t get 7 with 105, I would like them taken out. We are going to need strong starters in October and wearing them down now is not a good idea. Thoughts?

As for roster moves if it were up to me it has to come from the infielders. Schu is currently listed as an outfielder. When Kemp comes back Schu goes back to the infield. Things could very well change but going on current stats alone the weak links are Gordon and Hairston.

5. the truth hurts says:

Sounds good Badger. I don’t mind a 6 man rotation either.

So, who do you guys sit when Kemp comes back, Ethier or Crawford? Someones ego is going to take a shot! I can’t beleive this issue has been avoided the entire season. That is crazy.

Badger, I agree about the pitch counts. And with rosters expanding in September, it should be easier to give our starters a breather late in games. And actually, Greinke should be strong going into the postseason given that his innings this year were limited due to his DL stint.

I have confidence that Hanley can pick it up when he comes back, not so much Kemp. Hopefully the ankle will be OK, but I’m still not convinced about the shoulder. Hanley was OK with us in the second half last year coming off the same/similar shoulder surgery following the 2011 season. But he’s a lot better this year in the second year after the surgery. So maybe we get a good, but not great Kemp for the remainder of this year, and that’s OK with me. But until he starts playing and we can see with our own eyes, I’m still on the fence about what we can expect from him.

I’m not at all worried about a crowded outfield. As far as I’m concerned, the more the merrier, especially given the uncertain health status of some of our players. And if Kemp isn’t 100%, I could see him accepting a platoon role (or modified platoon role) with Ethier. And I think it’s something Ethier would also accept. And in some shape or form Crawford could also become part of that platoon. And as I’ve stated before, if Kemp comes back he should be in a corner, not centerfield, especially given that he’s coming off an ankle injury. Puig can play CF, probably better than Kemp.

In a short playoff series, I’m not sure that Gordon wouldn’t be an important weapon who could come off the bench and run in the late innings of tight games. And although he hasn’t shined this year with the bat, he’s certainly not inept.

Of course, everything said here may be rendered irrelevant if the Dodgers make some moves between now and the end of August.

7. SpokaneBob says:

If all 4 outfielder are healthy you have to play all 4 by rotating days off as far as starting goes. In reality, haveing one of them on the bench gives Donny an extra option off the bench and many times I can see the player who starts the game on the bench still getting into the game. In addition, all 4 need to stay sharp because you never know if we will lose one to injury.

8. SpokaneBob says:

Brooklyn, I agree with your thought about Puig playing centerfield because there is one less wall that he can run into.

Good title thread.

Good point Badger.

I think the way we’re going, i we have a 10 game lead by Sept, combined with all the reserves coming up, we can limit starter innings and get everyone healthy and set for an October run.

Greinke should be fine, as he’s missed sometime this year with injuries, so his over all pitch and inning count is still low.

Can this offense not embarrass themselves again in a Kershaw game please?? Especially one on ESPN!!!

Wow, what a fall coming up. A deep Dodger run. Lakers training camp early Oct. The Bears start Sept 8. Fresno St starts Aug29. Kings open their season early Oct! And Man U likely getting Ronaldo back???

10. Quasimodo says:

Roger, I think the trouble is on your end. I haven’t had any problems of the nature you describe.

I think we’re all petty much on the same page here. I have no problem rotating all 4 of those outfielders – 2 left handers and two right handers – for the rest of the year. Play the hot bat during the play-offs. Gordon can stick around and be the pinch runner once the rosters are expanded, and who knows, maybe he hits his way on to the 25 man between now and then. We got options.

I think Kemp will be able to hit ok, not sure about running the bases. Those turns could be an issue. I think he will be able to play right field ok.

I am for a six man rotation for August and early September. If not that, then if we have a sizebale lead in September, I would push a couple guys back a game now and then. I can see Lee getting a start in September, and I can see Pederson being called up to play a tough back to back when the time comes. Wish we had a stud second baseman to give a look-see.

The rest of the West not showing me much these days. Somebody (dbacks) could get hot, but, so far they all look like .500 clubs.

Lakers training camp Bobby? They are a luxury cap mess and are only a marginal play-off contender. This kind of thing happens occasionally. Look out for the following year. I have been a Rams fan for many years, but having them in St. Louis has tempered my enthusiasm. I always figured THEY were the team to come back to the Los Angeles market. Not so sure I had that one pegged right. The fact L.A. has no NFL team is damn goofy. I follow the Cardinals here in Arizona, and they are good this year. Not that enthusiastic about them either. It’s like I really have no NFL team anymore, but, will still pull for the Rams I suppose.

I’m a season tix holder Badger; always fun to look forward to games.

But yeah, this year will be odd; not good enough to win it, but not bad enough to get a top lottery pick to go with all that cap space in 2014. Oh well

What is up with this ARod thing? I remember hearing about a week ago, he was to play this past week — then over the weekend he would be gone while investigation was going on.

Some teams and writers complained, his being on the Yankees could change the outcome of games, thus the pennant race.

So, where are we on this.

14. Quasimodo says:

With me its just the wind blowing on the other side of the world. I’m not really thinking anything Yankees. Its like a whole other sport. But, with all that’s been crammed down our throats, ARod is soon to be old news.

He appealed. He can play while his appeal is being heard. His team of lawdogs are throwing a lot of money at this thing.

16. I remember writing a piece on Sharperson last year. He was one of my favorite Dodgers. I remember getting his auto when I was a kid, and being excited. Such a tragedy.

17. Quasimodo says:

I posted a comment on yesterday’s thread last night hoping it’d initiate some discussion on Dodgers wins-loses record come the end of season. It was late and only Roger gave a response. Perhaps Mike petriello read it as his today’s story might suggest. I’m not very gifted in organizing a sentence, but I hope what I offer provides food for thought. So, I’ll try again by just saying ‘I bet Dodgers will get at the minimum 94 wins at seasons end’, any takers?

I forgot what I predicted beginning of season Quas, but Im’ sure it was 95-100 wins.

Of course, I wrote that believing in good health for the team and not an injury riddled, bad play filled horrendous start. Of course, I also didn’t think we’d have a 33-8 run (or whatever it is)

You’re right; we’re on pace to win 90 if we go .500, and could get to 95+ with some good play.

I’ll take your 94 and the over.

19. Quasimodo says:

Yeah, that’s only 5 games over .500 from here to season’s end.

20. Quasimodo says:

Bobby, did you buy those seats that TBLA offered? That day I offered to my brother that I’d pay for 4 tickets,(his family and me) gas and parking. He was supposed to call the next morning, but…..His kid is more the X-games fan type. So maybe I’ll catch up at some point in the future.

• Bobby says:

I didn’t; I’ll be out of town unfortunately so I’ll miss that game.

Still hoping to maybe go to a BoSox game on that Sunday. Otherwise gota save my pennies and save my dimes for the postseason!

I took the over on 94 in Spring Training. Sure looks better now.

22. Quasimodo says:

‘Gumption’, and not as in ‘Forrest,’ is what the Dodgers need to show at their PA’s tonight. A simple win ain’t good enough. This team better show Kershaw their way-way overdue respect by giving some damn run support. Dodgers have lost the last two games Kershaw started. If Dodgers don’t have the gumption to give him some runs tonight, they’ll hear my disappointment. Dodgers, do you hear me? DO IT!

How many you want Quas? 2? 3?

24. Quasimodo says:

12 – 13 or so1 lol

How about we split the difference and go with 7.

26. Quasimodo says:

Okay. 7′s good.

27. Corey says:

4-5 runs tonight is a virtual lock for a win.
    I like Badger’s idea of the six man rotation when we get to September, assuming we still have a comfortable lead. Otherwise an occasional start by Fife to push everyone back a day a couple times during September.
    I also like the limited pitch count, but it would be nice if we had a long reliever that could go 2-3 innings regularly so we weren’t using up the bullpen.

28. If the Dodgers keep playing like this they will win 100 games easy. Isn’t this incredible?

I’ll bet Withrow could go 2-3 innings.

100 wins? Wouldn’t that be something.

This team is unreal.

After those 2 RBI, Kershaw just moved up to 225,000,000 package.

32. Quasimodo says:

He felt he had to set an example on the dish side.LOLOLOLZ

Whatever he wants, he will get.

34. Quasimodo says:

Scott, you at the game tonight?

35. the truth hurts says:

I am getting a funny feeling about this game.

How so truth?

Gordon. It’s like he has learned nothing in the last two years. So much raw talent. Is it maybe a problem between his ears?

If Clayton does not win this game tonight — send him down for more seasoning.

Dee is shocking. All he has to do this throw it from me to you and get a simple out.

He cannot do that.

Trade him over the winter for a bag of ball and something else.

It’s been real Dee. Have a good life

Maybe you should pitch like Flash, oh yeah you can’t throw; doH !

Have that feeling after 7.

Don’t know what else to say about Gordon. He just doesn’t look like a Major Leaguer.

40. Quasimodo says:

Dodgers are not giving up on Gordon anytime soon. Me neither.

I’m not giving up. Just expressing my disappointment. As you know, I have been a huge Gordon supporter.

82 pitches to get through 7. Amazing.

And through it all, 3 errors and counting, he has the moxie to smile

Hey Dee , YOU SUCK

Lapses in concentration.

But the rest of this team has it going on. Marmol is coming together. He and Wilson might make that pen very interesting.

43. Quasimodo says:

Good job with run support tonight! Dodgers escape my keyboard lashing. Is this a brand new Marmol? Geez he looked good too!

4 errors behind Kershsaw. He actually pitched 9.1 innings.

45. Quasimodo says:

4.5 games in back of braves and 3 games in back of pirates. 7.5 games up on Dbacks and 15 up on the ….. Giants. Cheerful times, friends!

Maybe they’re already doing it, but if not, it’s time for the Dodgers to start thinking about moving Gordon to 2B. His problem is throwing, and the shorter throws from 2B might make a big difference. If I recall correctly, Mark Grudzielanek went to the Bucky Dent school over one winter to learn how to play 2B. Is there still a Bucky Dent school, or its equivalent? Whatever the case, I think it would be a good idea for Gordon to spend this winter working exclusively on moving to 2B. If he can get himself straightened out defensively, I believe the bat will follow.

As long as the lead remains substantial, the Dodgers need not rush Hanley or Kemp back.

• Glass Is Half Full says:

Davey Lopes Academy?

• He’s already been playing second base at ALBQ. But right now there is no rush. Mark Ellis isnt going anywhere. He may be old and injury prone, but he’s a solid player. They’ll pick up his option and he’ll be back in 14. Plenty of time for Gordon to learn second base if that’s the Dodgers plan for him

47. jerry says:

i dont like when the rookies come up ..management play,s two many rookie ..and the regulars loose there edge..it happen every yr..

Well this should leave no doubt who the hottest team in baseball is right now.

I would send Gordon to the school of Larry Bowa – 100 grounders a day every day of the year. If it’s at second base, then it starts this morning. There is just no excuse for such lackadaisical play by a Major League infielder. And why it is this guy has that loopy swing is beyond me. Somehow, some way, he needs to learn to square the ball up in the strike zone, and as long as his swing looks like that? he will continue to pop it up or chop it down. Maddening to watch.

Agree about Kemp and Ramirez Brooklyn. It does concern me that Ramirez says he is still feeling “discomfort” in his shoulder and the Dodgers don’t do an MRI just for safety reasons. I just don’t follow that logic. It’s the “head in sand” medical practice in play again. Many of us have to do that, hoping whatever it is will just “get better” because we can’t afford a couple thousand for an MRI. The Dodgers can afford it.

Keep the pedal to the floor. Right now, the rest of the West is looking very pedestrian, but as we know, anything can happen and it can happen fast.

Badger, remember some of the smaller players some years back and then way back — used to use bigger bats, thicker bats, heaver bats — to simply put wood on the ball and run like crazy.

Gordon got a few bouncers yesterday for hits.

But just maybe the old big bats would help — and he can forget about zinging one out, but hit and run for himself. If Gordon gets on base at a .350 clip with hits, errors, walks, etc. — worth his weight in gold (of course that is not much seeing is he is so light).

What I have seen so far is pop ups, chopping ground balls and swinging at strike three in the dirt. Even the bunt hit was a pop up. He seems to have extreme difficulty hitting a ball hard. Why?

52. Quasimodo says:

Gordon still has excitement factor of when he’s the lone base runner on 1B. And even more so when both corners have runners. That alone makes it certain he’ll be on the 40 roster. Where he’ll go in the future is the question, but he’s sure to play post season as sure as Dodgers are.

Reports today that Cano is interested in playing with Hanley.

We’ll know for sure how interested we are in Cano by whether we finally sign this Alexander Guerrero guy or not.

Seems Dee isnt’ guaranteed anything on this team next year either. Too bad; I always liked him, but I see how he’s not really progressed.

54. the truth hurts says:

I really want to pass on Cano long term. But for those first few years, greatest lineup ever?

55. Quasimodo says:

Is it even possible for Dodgers to sweep Mets? I mean 40 of 48? This team is almost like a two headed coin. In baseball you have to consider the fluke factor, and lets face it, the fluke factor favored Dodgers in Friday’s game. Its like all of us fans had willed that win. I know that every advancement every player made Friday I was saying “he’s gonna do it” and he did it! That’s how it was in bottom of the 9th. Logic is enough to tell me I had nothing to do with that turnaround. But damn, it sure felt like it.

56. Anonymous says:

badger it s a women trainer…and women beleive every thing a man say.s kemp and handly say i am fine ..so she beleives them..dump women..

Mets might not be that easy. The kid pitching tonight (Jenry Mejia) has excellent stuff, and has been pitching extremely well of late. And then we get Matt Harvey. Even Dillon Gee isn’t too bad on Wednesday. The Dodgers got a bit lucky over the weekend when they didn’t get a couple of Tampa’s top pitchers, and even on Friday they lucked out when David Price was removed from the game and the Dodgers jumped all over the Rays’ bullpen. At least that’s what I think I read, since that’s the game I turned off to go to bed after the 6th inning.

In short, I wouldn’t count my chickens until they hatch.

I agree Badger that “It’s the ‘head in sand’ medical practice in play again” by not having Hanley take a precautionary MRI. I thought the same thing when I read that “discomfort” stuff. The joint will be irritated if he gets the dye excuse doesn’t fly with me. He’s been out long enough that that effect would have come and gone already, and he hasn’t played anyway. Is the Dodgers’ medical staff that stupid? I’m beginning to wonder.

I’ve seen Gordon hit line drives in the past. Maybe he needs some tweaks with his swing, but I don’t think that’s anything that can’t be remedied. Cano will be 31 in October, so there’s a good chance he’s got 5 more good years in him (maybe even a bit more). But he’s going to want a long term deal for big dollars, and the Dodgers can likely afford it. However, if Hanley, Kemp, Gonzo, Puig, Crawford/Ethier are all healthy next year, the Dodgers can probably get by without Cano, and use the money they would spend on him for one or more other valuable pieces. And one other thing about Cano. Although I have little doubt that he would be a productive player in LA, it’s likely that his power numbers would drop in the NL West which does not have launching pads like Yankee Stadium and Camden Yards. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s he popped a few over the Monster in Boston. And Toronto didn’t look like too difficult a place to drive the ball out when the Dodgers were there. But heck, if the Dodgers get him, I won’t complain.

Anoymous, you must know different women than I do. Actually, I know some really smart women, none of whom are pushovers. Women are pretty damn good at a lot of things, in many cases, more so than men. Time to reconsider those stereotypes. And by the way, the Dodgers physician (who you can bet was at the forefront of the decision not to do the MRI) is Dr. Neil El-Attrache. Isn’t he a person of the male persuasion?

And one other thing. I guess that Stan Conte’s real first name is “Stanli”.

I’m all for re-evaluating the training staff. It’s not a question of gender, it’s a question of competency.

61. Davey Lopes says:

Ramirez has a strained or torn rotator cuff, you watch wear he is grabbing his shoulder (top back side of shoulder) after the tumble into the stands, then you add that he can hit but has pain when throwing and it adds up to rotator cuff problems. Mark it down in your log book, Scottie. Ramirez may think he is going to be able to play thru this but it ain’t going to be pretty. Surgery in the off-season, if you are a betting man (or woman).

I’ve had some shoulder injuries and surgeries, listened to and looked at scans, got a laymans education on the subject. Ramirez has a problem that isn’t going to just clear up on it’s own. If he comes back it will be at a diminished level and it will probably be short-lived. Gordon isn’t the answer either, the club would be better off with Punto at SS, he won’t give away so many outs as young DeeDee will. Besides if Dee is allowed to continue at SS, he is going to be found teets up in the shower, Dodger pitchers conspiring to end Dee for the sake of the team. Who can blame them?

I don’t generally agree with the above poster, whoever he is, but what he just said is EXACTLY the reason I have been asking about that MRI. I have two partial rotator cuff tears and I fear Ramirez may have one.

I’m not going to diagnose Hanley from a distance, because two totally different injuries may have similar symptoms. So I don’t know if it’s a rotator cuff, or simply a minor injury. What I do know, is that the Dodgers should not be guessing when the means are available to determine exactly what’s wrong. Do the MRI and find out definitively what the hell is wrong. Not rocket science. I wouldn’t re-evaluate the training staff by itself. I’d re-evaluate the entire medical staff, from top to bottom.

64. Quasimodo says:

Is anybody able to shed some light on benefits of not disclosing the truth with injured Dodgers? I can think of none. I can’t believe that Dodgers just don’t know what is the actual condition of injured players. With HanRam I’m not excepting Dodgers with anything they say till I see him in the lineup. With Kemp we we’re simply lied to. Knew that all along. Just don’t understand why.

• It’s just all for PR Quasi. The Dodgers are experts at that. They know whats up.

• Quasimodo says:

I’m not able to see how that’s good PR, Scott. Perhaps that’s a good question for you to get Mattingly to answer. I guess its no big deal. Don’t know why it bothers me. Maybe that’s why – because I let the small things get to me. lolz

• I agree Quasi. It’s annoying PR is what it is. ha ha. They spoon feed the media sometimes to avoid a media storm. I mean think about it, imgine if they said Matt Kemp had torn something in his ankle. Everyone would have freaked out. Of course he realy did tear something, but it wasn’t as bad as we all thought. But they are experts at that. It’s like spin doctoring

65. Gonzo says:

Badger, If you ever decide to get your rotator cuffs fixed, check out Dr. David Zeman in PHX. Former surgeon of the dbacks and cardinals.

Former surgeon — does that mean he is back to horses and cows now?

Puig’s first AB was really something.

He has adopted the Kemp model of batting.

Take the first two pitches right down the heart of the plate . . . then swing at a pitch 5 miles outside the strike zone, and take some lumber.

I remember about two months ago — Vinny would say after another Puig hit or HR or what ever — “Folks, this game is not that easy.”

Now — Puig is getting a hit here an there, but look terrible on pitch selection and just what he is doing at the plate.

Are the hitting coaches getting to him?

So the New York Mets come to town — and are white washing the Dodgers. Interesting.

Up yours roid.

The guy is hittin 373. What on earth are u complaining about??

71. Quasimodo says:

And we have the fluke factor. But it used to be nearly always for the other team.

72. Gonzo says:

Actually Roger the dude left the team because he makes more money in his private practice. The Doc’s top notch. If Randy Johnson trusted him with his daughters knee I trusted him with my rotator cuff. They were in the waiting room at the same time as me.

73. Gonzo says:

So I guess a fan died in ATL. Supposedly fell 65 feet. Tragic.

74. Quasimodo says:

Pretty cool when bench can come in at SS and hit like HanRam to boot! This team has no rear view and no need to look back!

There is no place for vulgarity on this site. Period. There are some people who would rather not have to read that garbage, and I’m guessing that I’m not the only one.

76. Quasimodo says:

So does a win tomorrow set an all time franchise record? I believe tonight’s win tied it, but not sure.

• Quasimodo says:

TBLA just told me I was correct with the above. All the bad things said of Colletti need to be taken back. It sure can’t be said he’s done anything wrong fielding these Dodgers.

Tomorrow’s gona be a good one: Ryu vs. Harvey.

And I agree, keep the idiotic vulgarities and 7th grade recess crap off the board. If you cant write like a man (or woman), go to a giants board where you belong

I thought Mark took care if that nonsense, but, back he comes with a different handle. Same crap, different name. Troll work.

I do remain concerned about Hanley though. Throwing a baseball with a partial rotator cuff tear won’t be possible. I know. The VA won’t do surgery for me so I am done with softball. I think I could still hit but not with much power. If Hanley needs the surgery, the sooner the better. An MRI would reveal that information.

79. Davey Lopes says:

Stroke, so sorry to hear about your glorious softball career coming to an end. Your days in the spotlight are over, you beer-leaguers crack me up. I can see where your “expert” opinions derive from, Stroke.

Lambo coming up!

Good for him.

12 trips to state, 3 state titles, theAll State All Defensive team 5 times, alternate on 2 National Championships, 37 All Tournament trophies. Second Team Junior College All American, recruited by Cal, Nebraska, UCLA and Cal State Fullerton, coached baseball, softball and football as high as the JC level, AND awarded the Silver Star for heroism while serving with 26th Marines at the Khe Sanh combat base I Corps South Vietnam.

One more thing OD, your method has been weak and sophomoric for years. Give it a rest. Time fir you to retire to the Home for the Never Was.

“who hasn’t been?”

You.

I also met President Kennedy and invented the electric rectal brush and the hydraulic bench press.

My mother’s maiden name was Harvey. That means I must be related to the Mets pitcher. I’ll ask him for game tickets to be left for me. Once he reads this thread I am sure he would be happy to do it.

Guys, don’t allow this a$$hole to shut this board down. It might happen anyway as Mark seems to be distancing himself but, please, not on OD’s terms. That would be sad and that is exactly what he wants. It has ALWAYS been his M.O..

Really no need to give the troll any reason to believe that what it writes is being anything more than skimmed, if even that. Ignore it, and maybe it will go away. If it stays, then it becomes a minor annoyance to all of us, and a major annoyance to itself when it finds that it’s failing to push any buttons on this site. And Mark is pretty sharp, so I’m certain that he isn’t oblivious to any of this. He’s likely got a lot on his plate, and this probably isn’t at the top of his priority list. In time, I am confident that he will rid us of this infestation.

Let me take it one step further, and for the last time. I suggest that we totally stop discussing that itch that keeps appearing on this site, and limit ourselves to baseball in general, and the Dodgers in particular. It will probably disappear if we refuse to scratch the itch. In any case, whatever will be, will be.

As I noted above, this is the last time I’m going to address that issue. With my own full plate, I have no intention of investing any of my precious time on inanities.

Since it is me he is after, it’s also me that must ignore him.

For the record, not all of those things I said about me were true – though the rectal brush does sound like a good idea.

Wilson will be here soon. What’s the roster move?

87. Bobbie17 says:

Are we now so used to winning games that we don’t have to talk about the team? Getting spoiled, are we? Tonight, is a playoff type of game with one of the best pitchers in the game pitching for the Mets. In the playoffs, if we get there, we will face 2 of these guys each series. Should be a low scoring affair with the late bullpen, once again, paramount. Hopefully, tomorrow you all can talk about it, not each other.