On second thought, I’m not going to waste any bandwidth on such a moron. Mark Ellis said nothing wrong and Porter should be suspended. That’s all!
Medical Update: OK, I can walk, but I look like Festus (“Mr. Dillion, Mr. Dillon”). You youngsters will have to Google that. It also hurts a lot when I walk. I’m supposed to have a boot on but it clashes with my purse.
So, after 3 sets of X-rays, an ultrasound of my leg and 4 rounds of blood tests, the latest doctor says: “Wow! You are really healthy. Everything comes back great, except for the inflammatory markers.” To which is replied “Even Ray Charles can see that!” Ten days ago, I suggested an MRI and they said it wasn’t warranted. Now they say I need an MRI. Go figure. So I get one of those next week.
What we do know is that it is NOT one of the following:
- Blood Clot
I think it is a neuroma (nerve tumor). I had one about 20 years ago and it just went away. Sometimes surgery is required, but it is rarely cancerous. Only an MRI can reveal it. Duhhhhh! As a business owner, I have to pay for my own insurance. In the past 18 months it has went from $600 a month to over a $1,000 a month and my insurance agent says to look for it to double by the end of the year, so that I can continue to pay for others who don’t give a damn about their health… while the service gets worse. Thanks Obama! This has been a public service announcement brought to you by “I’m pissed!”
OK, I’m done with that, just like I am done with the Vicodin. I ate 60 of those bad boys last weekend. I had 3 shots in my foot and the pain is now a dull 2, but that stuff just puts me in La-La land. Been off them for 6 days. They can mess you up! Just say no to drugs.
But, just say YES to the Dodgers!
Here’s the State-Of-The-Dodgers:
- The Big Dodger in the Sky is now smiling on the boys. They’ve seen the invisible and are doing the impossible. This team can play all the way to the end.
- The key is health – I believe we won’t see Matt Kemp until late August… which could be good. When he returns, I’d like to see Puig lead off.
- Speaking of health, the biggest key is Mark Ellis. If he can stay healthy until the playoffs, this team is so much better. I have said it before and I will say it again: “When the Dodgers have RISP and need a big hit, there is no one I’d rather see than Mark Ellis (maybe Adrian).” He is hitting .281 but you have to add 30 points to his BA to include the intangibles. He just does what is needed, when it is needed.
- Carl Crawford continues to be up and down and healthy and unhealthy. I’m hoping he can just stay healthy until year-end.
- I am happy with the team as it is – less Carlos Marmol. Bring on that Beach Boy – Brian Wilson. He’ll be man possessed and fun to watch. I think we will have some fun moments with Brian on the mound facing the Giants. I can see it now and I can hardly wait! You gotta love a guy who does THIS.
- Fearless Prediction: Yasiel Puig will end the season hitting above .330 and win the ROY… OK, that’s not so fearless! Even Ray Charles can see that!
- Scott Van Slyke is showing that he can be a 4th outfielder… at least!
- I can see the Dodgers trading Crawford and Ethier over the winter (and paying half their salaries). Both have value – Crawford in the AL especially for the right team as a DH. Just sayin…
- Juan Uribe is just what the Dodgers need at 3B, right now. I can’t see trading for Headley – he’s had one good year and the rest aren’t all that different from many of Juan Uribe’s years, and he’s only hitting .235 now. With Seager a year away, the Dodgers will have to play 3B by committee – I’d even be open to another year of Uribe in an incentive-laden deal.
- Speaking of Seager, why move him to Rancho? He will tear up that league. They should have just sent him to Chattanooga! But he’s now at Rancho after being one of the best hitters in the league at Great Lakes.
- With Great Lakes in the Midwest and Chattanooga close to the Midwest, why not move the AAA Dodgers team to Indianapolis? Think of all the coverage I would provide… I’d probably have to get divorced though as I would never be home during the baseball season. Indy makes perfect sense!
- As I have mentioned earlier, I am concerned with Ryu. I do not think he will be nearly as effective the second half. In fact, I look for him to finish the season with an ERA above 4.00. I hope I am wrong. His velocity is down and the league is getting wiser to him. He is in the running for the ROY, but has to improve on what he is doing lately.
- Can anyone remember when the Dodgers’ bullpen wasn’t stellar? Even Brandon League looks unhittable!
- In SI this week, Ben Reiter argues that Adrian Beltre could be the third best third baseman of ALL-TIME and predicts he will be in the Hall-of-Fame. What if he had never left LA? How would that change things?
- TV of all the Cubs games has been wiped out here, so I have to use HideMyAss.com. Yesterday’s game felt discombobulated! But, I’ll take it.
- Let’s hope for Good Cappy today… and the wind blowing in!