Posted on 21 July 2013.
Rants & Raves over the Nats vs. Dodgers
- The fans in DC are exceptional. If I had rooted for the Dodgers like that in Oakland, I’d be in the morgue right about now.
- A Nats fans asked me “How old is that guy? I know he’s older than Uribe.” “I said why do you think that?” To which he replied “I’ve watched him walk back and forth to LF all game and he looks like he’s old.“ I realized that he did drag back to LF and the bench. Yeah, get all happy that Carl Crawford went 3-5, but he just looks old to me… and evidently others too. He just doesn’t look right. Hopefully, he will revert to his early season form and shut me up.
- I did think about leaving when Brandon League came in, but I didn’t.
- The Dodgers need to do whatever it takes to keep Hanley happy! Happy Hanley = MVP!
- Matt Kemps’ ankle is not a big deal. He walked off the field fine. I doubt he will miss a game. He also apologized for not running and admitted his guilt. Case closed.
- I watched Clayton Kershaw’s warmup routine and he stretched for a full 20 minutes followed by long-tossing from foul line to foul line. If more players warmed up like that, I think there would be a lot fewer injuries. I watched him throw a seed from RF to LF that didn’t get over 7 feet off the ground. I’m shocked that SAC didn’t respond.
- Did I hear someone suggest that Kemp should be put on the DL the rest of the year? I’ll tell you this: the Dodgers won’t win without Kemp.
- Bryce Harper is hitting .263 – send him back to the minors? I think not. Puig is at .369… be patient!
- You all need to pay me to travel with the team. They have a perfect record with me. So, take up a collection and send me $2,500 a game and I will bring you a championship!