Quick Check-in

I got up Wednesday morning feeling good but by 4 PM was in the ER where I spent 7 hours.    At about 9 AM I stated limping – my right foot was sore!   By 3 PM, I couldn’t walk.   After a battery of tests, they eliminated gout and a blood clot, which left… cellulitis.  I have severely torn ligaments, broke my ankle and had a full hip replacement, but I have never experienced pain like this!  It took me 15 Vicodin to get through yesterday.  They are giving me massive amounts of antibiotics and said I should be good by Monday.  If not, I have to go the hospital for IV antibiotics.  Thank God for Vicodin.

I had the game on last night but only really saw the 9th inning.  Just win the series.  Every series.   That’s all!

a-sizzlin-summer

40 Responses to “Quick Check-in”

1. SpokaneBob says:

Hope you feel better soon Mark.

2. Davey Lopes says:

Get well quick. You are probably sore from lugging around that big fat wallet of yours.

Don’t mess around with the doctors orders, infections can kill you quick. You may need to sit on your big fat ass, I mean wallet and take it easy. Besides it will give you time to come up with some crazy trades to propose in here (damn, did I just write that?).

OK, here\’s a dope-fiend move: Puig for Stanton!

4. Watford Dodger says:

You could still beat Gonzo in a foot race.

5. Robert says:

Good luck Mark.

6. the truth hurts says:

Get well Mark.

Brooklyn, I agree about the Yankees, they are a mess. You would think they would be worse off than they are, but somehow they are sticking around in the AL East.

7. Bobbie17 says:

Best Wishes. Get back on the D train soon.

8. Quasimodo says:

Geez Mark, sounds scary. They’ve eliminated the things I have (DVT’s’ blood clots and gout) and I’m guessing cellulitis is more dangerous, though all these things are life threatening. With me the clots developed in my legs, lungs and brain (stroke). So don’t mess around, just get well! Like I said, sounds scary. You’re not Superman either. Really hope the best for you my friend.

9. Quasimodo says:

“Thank God for Vicodin”….Ah, there’s a little dope fiend in all of us!

Quas,

It kills the pain and puts me right to sleep/

Qaus, I’m disillusioned. I thought Mark was Superman.

Feel better, and get well. Nothing more important than good health.

Yeah truth, it figures that the Yankees should be buried by now. Well, maybe the Dodgers can help the process by taking that two game series.

Five days until the end of the non-waiver trade deadline. Have to think the Dodgers will do something before its over. I guess that Jake Peavy is a possibility, and wonder if the White Sox will listen to offers for Chris Sale, who I’m sure won’t come cheap if the Sox decide that he can be had if the price is right.

Do a Dangerfield – have a couple drinks with those Vicodins, get some sleep and re-post in the morning.

Get better.

13. Quasimodo says:

Talk about sleep. That game last night deserved sleeping through. I know we can’t expect our team running on ALL cylinders ALL the time. The Reds didn’t play that great, just a little better than the Dodgers did. We can be certain there will be no part of last night’s game on ‘Plays of the Week’. Okay, I’m spoiled from the many previous games that Dodgers gave us. So spoil us some more Dodger! Its fun to be a brat!

14. Dino says:

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER MARK

Holy crap. I know how life can change in an instant. Take care of yourself Mark. You are a really pain in the ass sometime but this blog and your opinions make the days fun for some of us. hahaha

Get home soon!

I have been reading his stuff for a LONG time and I agree Romey – his trades, opinions on players and political views have kept me in stitches since the last millennium. I need this place. Get better Mark.

Traded my Tundra in on a new Elantra today. Been at it all morning. Any news I missed?

16. AnewBlueDay says:

Mark, has ARod called to give you any advice . . .

And, I checked with the Commissioner’s Office — and they will get back to you.

Last night — Almost all Dodger starters would have lost that game. See, when the guys face good starting pitching, and play solid teams — cannot give away anything.

Have to tork it up a bit tonight.

17. Anonymous says:

Feel better man! I”ll buy you a Macallan when you’re back at Chavez Ravine (screw the fattening beer)!!

18. Quasimodo says:

Roger, tonight’s game is Dodgers! I predict at least 7 runs and that’s plenty support for that tall guy we have on the mound. Last night was just just too lackadaisical.

19. Pete M. says:

Mark, you take care and ‘V’, a friend of mine for a chronic hip… Got my Vin bobblehead last night, but not a warm feeling after that. Latos was dealing, plain and simple and believe me Zack wasn’t if it werent for a couple hangers…
    We right the ship tonite with Kershaw…

20. Pete M. says:

OOps: Zack wasn’t wasn’t far behind….

Read this if you’re worried about the Dodgers commitment to player development. It seems, like some of us have been saying, that things are getting better on the Dodgers player development front.

I am hopeful, and I am confident. The new emphasis on the acquisition of international talent, and on the development of a young talent pipeline in general, makes me less concerned that the Dodgers will surrender some prospects to get immediate help. If the immediate help is significant, I think the ever growing talent pipeline will keep young, talented players moving to Dodger Stadium as the Dodgers continue to pursue players to help us win now.

WIN NOW, WIN LATER.

22. Rob says:

Please don’t go on the DL Mark! Your the reason why we started off the second half with a bang in DC. Unlike Kemp I think you can avoid the 15 dayer.

23. Quasimodo says:

Mark, please check in and keep us updated daily. Hope its clear to you that this bunch really is concerned.

Vicodin is part of my daily menu Mark. Get better soon and lets get 3 out of 4 from the Reds. No Puig intended.

25. AnewBlueDay says:

Vicodin-2+ is more powerful — will give you elevated highs — and let you see things you have not seen in years. One tear drop after another, but with smiles . . . and some Bengay with that — and doubles are turned into triples . . .

26. the truth hurts says:

Let us not forget the guys were playing last night on east coast time….when that game ended at 1030pm in LA, I am sure if felt like 130am to them.

Traveling has got to wear these guys out, especially coast to coast trips.

Should be better tonight.

27. AnewBlueDay says:

Wear THEM out, it wears me out — and I am just a fan.

Hope Clayton brought his bat

Get well soon Mark, it sucks to get old but it’s better than the alternative :}

Mark is right on a least one point, you want a “Happy Hanley”

Wouldn’t surprise at all if he gets tossed in his next AB

Dbacks are going to pound the hapless pods. Dodgers need to keep pace.

31. AnewBlueDay says:

Is this the turn of the screw? The Reds are a great team with strong pitching and defense. The Dodgers have had several chances to score some runs . . . but are not in sinc.

Get it together guys.

32. Quasimodo says:

That game was fun! Not as alive as I thought it’d be with the runs. Was expecting AGon to do a bit more punishing.

33. Anonymous says:

Playoff type win today. This is gona be a fun next 2 months!

Phillies sign Miguel Gonzales. Apparently we agreed on a contract with Alexander Guerrero, but can’t announce it until Guerrero clears customs, etc. Right now we’re waiting for government clearance basically before he’s ours.

It was already indicated that the Dodgers were not pushing to get Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez. Phillies signed him for $48 million over 6 years. From this report it sounds as if he’s a mid to back of the rotation starter. Not what he was originally made out to be in news reports. But who knows? Maybe he’s the best thing to come along since sliced bread.

Any news on that shortstop the Dodgers were first reported to have signed?

Nice to come out with a win tonight. Seems to me that Yasiel Puig loses his patience when he comes up with runners on base, and tries to kill the ball rather than just trying to hit it up the middle. He has shown patience in some at bats, but then seems to regress, especially when there are runners on. It takes time, and regression is not unusual. I think he will get better over time,and giving us some good games mixed in with some bad ones. Just hoping that he puts it together sooner rather than later.

35. Pete M. says:

Puig needs to grow up a bit. It’s all there, but the lapses kill me and Donnie… I.E. admiring his hit to the base of the wall and running on a ball called by the umpire. Now that will get you in the blue doghouse. I loved the camera on Donnie after these gaffs, especially the mumbling!!!

36. grumpy3b says:

Mark… as a 50-mumble guy who has lived with RA since I was 9ps old plus did time in Rx school, the 15 vitamin “V” pills are scary. But not because of the hydocodone. It’s the acetaminophen which is the concern,. Tylenol is a NSAID & they are a danger to your liver. Max daily dose is ~3000mg. You can go to maybe 4500mg in a pinch now and then but evenoton irreversible liver damage can happen, You took 7500mg.

If you need to keep the hydroaodonedosehighu ask your doe for the 10/325 mg version. The pills you had were likely 5/500mg ( HC/ APAP). With the dose I mention you get 2x the hydrocodone but ~25% of the NSAID, Much safer.

Sounds like you’ve been down the pain med road moethan once but I wanted to mention the tylenol thing because we were told how “safe” it is since the ’70′s but not really,.

Even better ask for 15mg extended release morphine, That’s approx. equiv. to 22-25mg of hydocodone but with no Tylenol to deal with. If you take a regular Asprin at the sametimethe opiate will work better. That’s one reason the Tylenol is in the vicodin, it’s the synthetic analog to aspirin & codeine.

Get wellest & hope this did not sound to “met nanny-ish” not my intent just passing along what I dealt with over the decades.

1. [...] Bruce stood near home plate with a 2-2 count on him. View full post on Yahoo! Spor more… Quick Check-in – ladodgertalk.com 07/26/2013 I got up Wednesday morning feeling good but by 4 PM was in the [...]