Posted on 11 July 2013.
- .500 smells good, but until you are the lead dog, the scenery never changes. Keep charging!
- The Dodgers are 15-3 in their last 18 games. Now is the time to reel off about 10 in a row. Bury the Rocks.
- 9 Shutout Innings by the Bullpen. The Dodgers don’t have any stinking bullpen problems. Winning breeds confidence. Confidence breeds more confidence and more confidence breeds more winning. It’s a vicious cycle… and a good one to be in.
- Some people think Yasiel Puig is arrogant… and he may be, but I think it depends upon your point of view. He is pushing that line, which may be what makes him great, but he needs to be careful. Only Yasiel can stop Yasiel.
- Stop the Stanton for Puig rumors. I don’t think any GM would give up Puig in that deal. Stanton is a guy who has a lot of power and who will probably be a career .265 hitter. Puig is a 5-tool guy who stands to hit .300+. No way I make that dope-fiend move.
- Carl Crawford looks pretty awful right about now.
- A-Gon is rock solid!
- I just found out that for our anniversary (July 19), my wife is flying us to DC next weekend – Friday, Saturday and Sunday to see the Dodgers play the Nats. I have an awesome wife!