I really don’t get it, but it seems that soft-tossing lefty journeymen who pitch like crap own the Dodgers. Take away the Dodgers two rookies and they were DOA. I just don’t get it.
Chris Capuano will lay an egg like this every now and again, but remember how good he was the past few games. I’m not worried about him. I’m worried about the lack of hitting, especially off of a pitcher like Lannan. It made no difference if Capuano gave up 2 or 50 runs – the Dodgers can’t win with one run!
There is just something about this teams makeup that ain’t right! I just can’t put my finger on it. Maybe I’ll just give them the finger.
Anyway, forget about the game last night. That stuff happens sometimes. It’s the lack of hitting that concerns me.
Just drink a few beers. It will go away…
Rants & Raves
- I believe the Dodgers should say no to Nolasco and instead sign Cuban Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez. I he will get somewhere between $60-70 million and the Dodgers can afford it! He’s MLB ready.
- Schumaker for closer!!!!
- Whoever thought Luis Cruz would stay in the bigs because he was friends with Yas didn’t take into account that you actually have to produce. I head that Ned broke into Cruz’ hotel room and destroyed the pictures yesterday….
- Adrian Gonzalez had his 8th Error last night. He had 8 errors in 2010 in twice as many games! Something is eating him. Personal problems? Something has him distracted.
- Scott Van Slyke has suddenly become relevant!
- Ross Stripling (I have been telling that this guy is a #2 or #3) pitched 8 shutout innings last night in AA, allowing only 2 hits! He is on a fast track to LA. I think he’s already better than Zach Lee!
- For those of you who liked Blake Smith’s bat, eveidently you didn’t see the arm. He’s now a pitcher. I find it silly that many bloggers had him highly rated. What were they thinking? You know, some sites had both him and Aaaron Miller as top prospects. HA!
- I still say Steve Ames will be a good middle-reliever. Give him a shot.
- R.I.P. Justin Miller (just 35 years old) Awful!