The Giants are awakening!
Not the SF Giants, silly. I am referring to the team with the GIANT PAYROLL. Their win streak now sits at four in a row and with a sweep of the Giants possible tonight by Clayton Kershaw who is overdue for a win. I mean, his ERA is all the way up to 2.06 – how awful!!! (I Jest) I said they needed a 10 -12 game win streak or they would need to become sellers. I guess they are tying to run off that streak. If they do, it changes everything. I have a few observations:
- I do not expect that the Dodgers will turn their season around overnight or even at all, but I am hopeful and really hope that I am wrong! I am rooting for them every night.
- Andre Ethier played a good centerfield while Matt Kemp was out, but there is no way on God’s green earth that he would have made the game-saving catch like Kemp.
- Ricky Nolasco? I would say no unless you can get him for a little. Fife is OK at #5 and Capuano is a decent #4. Lilly may (or may not) get back sometime. The Dodgers need relief pitching. Maybe Ned could trade for Kevin Gregg who he had for free. That would be a genuine NED move. Maybe he could get the Phillies to take League for Papelbon. On problem for another?
- I’d love to see a 3B like Kyle Seager. I would trade Ethier (and $35 million), Zach Lee and Joc Pederson and even Dee Gordon for Kyle Seager. I would pay a ton to get him.
- A 3B and a relief pitcher or two and the Dodger are good.
- Which brings me to Mark McGwire. Evidently Matt Kemp is working with Jeff Pentland, who was fired by the Dodgers. That’s curious. Matt is the Dodgers leader and heart and soul. What does that say about McGwire? I don’t think all is well there….