A trip down memory lane…

Some of you are new to this site and don’t realize the history between a lot of us.  You have read my negativity on the Dodgers this year, but it is not usually like that.  I bleed Dodger Blue.  This is a painful year and I did predict it.  I hope  I am wrong and hope that the Dodgers will comeback and win it all.  I would love to eat that crow!  The Dodgers had a great win today.  Two in a row.  First time back to back home runs in a game this year!  OK, let’s roll!

Just so that you know, here’s a few photos that tells what we are all about!  It goes back about 12 years.

Roger Dodger Cheezing for the Camera

Roger Dodger Cheezing for the Camera

Bill Russell and Daughter (OK, wife)

Bill Russell and Daughter (OK, wife)

dodgertown0023

Tommy Lasorda sitting beside a young Tony Jackson signing an autograph for my son.

The first time I saw Russ Martin

The first time I saw Russ Martin

Me and the Boss!

Me and the Boss!

Ron and I comparing notes on our hip replacements

Ron and I comparing notes on our hip replacements

Maury Wills, Don Newcombe and Logan White in the offices at Camelback Ranch

Maury Wills, Don Newcombe and Logan White in the offices at Camelback Ranch

Logan White getting ready to smack Ken Gurnick (not really)

Logan White getting ready to smack Ken Gurnick (not really)

Proof I am Living the High Life

Proof I am Living the High Life

The first blogger EVER to sit in a major league pressbox - Mark Timmons in Dodger Stadium.  Tanks to Josh Rawitch.

The first blogger EVER to sit in a major league pressbox – Mark Timmons in Dodger Stadium. Thanks to Josh Rawitch.

Here's What Happened Last Time I Saw Badger!  He got what he deserved.  Mark Sweeney (OD) would love to do this!

Here’s What Happened Last Time I Saw Badger! He got what he deserved. Mark Sweeney (OD) would love to do this!

DeJon Watson in his office - You Can't Help But Get His Point

DeJon Watson in his office – You Can’t Help But Get His Point

By chance I met Casey Blakes' nephew in a bar.  Notice the chin?

By chance I met Casey Blakes’ nephew in a bar. Notice the chin?

3-21-2011-Camelback 023

Dylan Hernandez and TJ Simers, Both are nice guys, but I will deny I said that!

Proof that I can hit it 375 yards.  Nothing to do with Dodger baseball...

Proof that I can hit it 375 yards. Nothing to do with Dodger baseball…

The Ole'Lawdog  aka/Tom O'Shea.  RIP

The Ole’Lawdog aka/Tom O’Shea. RIP

Clayton Kershaw with my son about 5 years ago.

Clayton Kershaw with my son about 5 years ago.

Talk about two great ones.

Talk about two great ones.

Ron Cey and Jared - Jared doesn't even remember him..  Jared wrote here before he went on to bigger and better things at scout.com.

Ron Cey and Jared Massey – Jared doesn’t even remember him.. Jared wrote here before he went on to bigger and better things at scout.com.\

Tommy and Matt Kemp's dad, Carl.  Great guy!

Tommy and Matt Kemp’s dad, Carl. Great guy!

camelbackranch-2009-0571

Badger, Roger (AnewBlueDay) and I

56 Responses to “A trip down memory lane…”

Great shots. Didn’t we take one of us sitting by the river at Downtown Joe’s in Napa? You got octopus, I remember that. Yuck. We shoulda gone to the Rutherford Grill. No octopus up there.

Mark’s Weenie is OD? Is roid OD as well? Gotta admit, they are all the same personality. Dissociative and irritating.

Gained a game today. Split. Now, take the series against the midgets and gain more ground. One at a time.

2. Bball says:

Best post yet. Love it.

Just took a look at the Isotopes site to see how Kemp did today. They play at 6. On a Sunday night. Who goes to a minor league game on Sunday night?

I noticed Sellers is hitting .376. Maybe we should bring him up and give him a shot. Oh wait……..

Dump Albuqwackie. The numbers are meaningless.

4. Rob says:

Kemp and SVS both struck out in the first.

I think that would be 9 K’s between the two of them in the last 10 innings. That ain’t easy to do on any level.

Thanks for the memories.

On my first WESTPAC we went to Taiwan and everything was in Chinese. This salty old Chief had me boxed in a booth after he had ordered for the 4 of us. He got me the Octopus and I wasn’t leaving until I ate it. Like chewing on Silly Putty. Thanks Badger

Damn now I feel like an outsider.

Maybe I need to superimpose my hideous face on one of these pics (perhaps the Koufax/Kersh one)

I have no pix of that but I am down with Retherfords. It is awesome! Let\’s go now!

I have thousands more. If you want to see them, let me know!

Roger, I don\’t have the photo you asked about, although I did see it.

9. Quasimodo says:

Great photos, thanx for sharing em. Are they really of you all? I mean everybody’s cheerful?

10. Quasimodo says:

Does Tommy Lasorda still give out great seats at the stadium? He gave my brother and his buddy front row seats behind the dugout.

11. AnewBlueDay says:

Mark, I will look for the picture. I think it is on my hard drive.

Tomorrow I have a Chemo treatment. Bring you up to date on all of that . . .

12. jerry says:

mark nice picture..your suppose to end up on your front foot . after your follow threw.in that golf picture.

13. Watford Dodger says:

Really enjoyed today’s thread. Hope the treatment goes well Roger.

14. Watford Dodger says:

Did you see how many Dodger fans there were at Petco yesterday? Like a home game.

• Quasimodo says:

I always look for that. Even more was able to hear them cheer whenever Dodgers scored. There’s blue wherever Dodgers play. Even when Dodgers@Cardinals. There’s also Cards fans wherever Cards play as well. That’s understandable as cards once represented all of the south and everything west of the Mississippi.

• Voldomer says:

I was at the recent Friday game in Pittsburgh and was surprised at the number of Dodger fans there, perhaps even more than I usually see in Milwaukee and Chicago.

15. Pete M. says:

ANewBlue… Good luck…God Bless…
    Great Pix… Great W yesterday…Welcome back HanRam…

From MSTI:

“Special attention here must be paid to Ramirez, who followed up yesterday’s absolute rocket with today’s no-doubter, and is now hitting .358/.397/.679 in 58 plate appearances on the season. That’s obviously a small sample size, and he’s not going to keep it up all season, of course, but just having him in the lineup after months of Dee Gordon, Justin Sellers, & Luis Cruz… well, it really does change everything, and we’ve seen that in the last few days.”

No sh*t. And add to this Carl Crawford’s .800 OPS and Matt Kemp’s .900 OPS and we have a lineup that would very difficult to pitch to. We have not seen it yet. I hope we have opportunity to do so cuz it would fun to watch.

I am heading to the VA in Phoenix today. Should be a good day for it. Should only hit about 106 down there.

I just watched a video filmed the day of the big trade last year. Curt Schilling was asked who would benefit the most from getting out of Boston and he said without a doubt it would be Josh Beckett. He felt Beckett had plenty left in the tank and getting back to the NL would be huge for him. Schilling was right… for a while. Beckett pitched to a 2.4 WAR last year, then of course… the injury. Even though he was 0 and 5 this year, his xFIP of 3.87 suggests to me a little run support would have helped him. I hope he can come back. I know he would like to. If nothing else, a few innings at the back of games could help a lot.

17. Original Dodgerman says:

Aw hiding in plain site is easy when surrounded by idiots (especially arrogant fools).

Asshole, you have been an asshole from day one and I presume you will continue to be. And no Mark, Asshole would be wise to not get that close to me, actually I wouldn’t waste my time or energy on whipping that old man.

Well, it’s good to be back. My takes have been spot on for many years.

To new readers, don’t believe the revisionist history you read from some. Trust me, they didn’t like me standing up to their bullying ways, bullies can’t stand it when others stand up to them. Bullies are always wimps that are hiding behind a tough guy facade. They aren’t truthful most of the time either (just harken back to your days on the playground and you will know to which I speak).

And there you go. Documentation with evidentiary value. The ODness that we have known for years.

There are no “new readers” OD. We have seen you and your anger pop up with new names for a decade now. The name changes, but the behavior never does. You think we didn’t know it was you? How many times did you hear your name mentioned as the board troll? We would welcome you back, but you never left.

Had trouble all the way back to your playground days hey? Not the least bit surprised.

19. Watford Dodger says:

Embarrassing.

20. Bobbie17 says:

Nice to see the faces behind the posts.

21. Quasimodo says:

Careful men, the biggest thing about hatred is often turning into what you hate. At any rate, still 22 mins till noon here and with that I’ll say good morning.

22. Quasimodo says:

So, Its gonna be Ryu, Fife and Kershaw vs Giants. Sure hope Dodgers face Bumgarner more aggressive this time round. He was granted a 1st strike nearly every Dodger he faced and never saw to need to change that approach when every Dodger watched every 1st pitch go by. Even a swing and miss would of made him change that approach.

OD, I don’t know you, but first my first impression is that you were the bully, and clearly you never got out of the playground. And of course, your harangue above smacks not even a tiny bit of arrogance. Let’s see, some words that best describe your post: crass, crude, obtuse, dense, inane, vacuous, banal, tiresome, and yes, arrogant (oops, I already used that one).

And OD, have at me. Only thing is, I won’t make your day by reacting. Best thing to do with someone that hungers for attention, is not to feed him any.

Mark, if this guy doesn’t like you, that speaks volumes in your favor. Sometimes we are just forced to suffer fools.

My face and the WIFE made the headline news. Thanks for posting one of our spring training visits. My several years of being a pretend GM and thinking that I knew more then I do. It’s always fun. I was hoping to be more active in here this year but the team hasn’t lured me in full time yet. Hopefully we can meet up again next spring. Peace

I have to say that Lawdogs photo still scares me.

26. Original Dodgerman says:

My problem with Asshole all started over politics, nothing else. Asshole can’t handle a different political opinion. Back in the day, he constantly beat the drum on his politics and I simply stood up to him. Pretty simple actually. Then I went on to name his profession, his troubled relationships past and a few other things. It was easy, he is very easy to peg, his attitude and demeanor told it all. That ability to nail him for what he is, irritated the crap out of him. So it only got worse as time wore on. As far as playground issues, I cleaned things up, plain and simple. Stood up for the wronged and didn’t let bullies rule, so it continues to this day.

27. Original Dodgerman says:

I was Mike Hawk to, and the party was in Badger’s mouth. You fell for that one too, asshole.

28. Quasimodo says:

Who’s gonna steer the chat towards baseball?

29. DodgerDude says:

I would tend to believe that Sweeney was the bullies bitch! Just an observation. Someone has stuck it to him and he’s mad about that. He just needs to piss off!

He’s the bad penny dude. He just keeps showing up, year after year. Just ignore him. He hates that. And thus the numerous name changes.

Not OD that’s for sure. Never has, never will. He’s angry.

Back from PHX. What a dump. If you’re not in Scottsdale you are likely in Ugly.

Bumgarner seems to have our number. Tonight? 6 runs n

31. Quasimodo says:

Badger, lived in that area for a short part of my life. The worse part of summer there is how it doesn’t cool of at night. I’m in the So Cal desert and the temp gets nice after sundown. Bumgarner better not try his same approach this time round. Though I hope he does, and if he does, his ERA will rise.

32. Quasimodo says:

I’m in world infamous Barstow these days, Badger. Though most of my life in Apple Valley. Have lived in several states.

Hesperia hot springs – 1972. Also spent some time at Lake Arrowhead. I too have lived all over. Still a Californian though.

33. AnewBlueDay says:

For those who have never seen OD — the next time you go to a baseball game, just look for the guy who wears a brown paper bag on his head . . .

What I noticed is that his eye holes have been cut larger. Not circles, but triangles.

But he means well.

34. AnewBlueDay says:

Mark, the remark above is correct. The golf swing finishes with body movement forward — not backward.

Small point, but backward would lead to very very very large slice to the far right. And there you might find a guy with a brown bag on his head, looking through triangle holes.

Back to the swing, one of the few times you might finish moving back is in a very big sand trap and your golf ball is up against the lip and your left foot is up higher than the right.

• Snipenekkid says:

ADB:
      You might add that a swing like that would leave the ball right of something no one was left of before. B-) plus Mark did not say it was 375 yards straight down the middle…Army-Golf definitions might apply here….left, right, left, right…repeat…

Golf. The one sport that has thoroughly defeated me.

I am not a golfer, but that shot at the Strip in Las Vegas almost hit a 787…

Imagine how far I could hit it if I did it right!

37. jerry says:

good come back mark…

There was a jet parked on the driving range?

A clutch hit would be nice.

Confidence level now that Belisario is in? About a 3. Oh wait – double switch. Confidence at level 4 now.

39. Watford Dodger says:

Nick Punto is having a good year. Pleased for him.

40. Rob says:

So where would we be in the standings if Kenley was our closer starting the year and Puig was called up earlier?

3 in a row and the Phillies are coming in for 4 games at the end of the week. I see some wins coming up.

Need 1 of these next two at least vs sf and 3 of 4 against Philly

43. Quasimodo says:

Is the future getting close to what it used to be?……well, its heading in that direction.

We can win the West.

Kemp with a double, a walk and a SB. He should be ready later this week. I heard last night Crawford is about a week behind him. SVS is playing too, but I have no idea what the plans might be for him. No news that I can find on Beckett, though he was animated in the dugout last night.

We get somebody named Kickham tonight. Fife vs. Kickham. Could be interesting.

Going to be 106 this week-end in Sedona. That means about 116 in PHX. Yoiks. Each summer appears to be getting increasing less tolerable. Or maybe each summer I am older and can tolerate less.

45. Idaho al says:

Good game against the Giants last night. Maybe there is life in the Dodgers after all. Puig and Ramirez look good. I think Puig has already made the adjustment about laying off the pitches off the plate. Now if Kemp could only make the adjustment. Punto does do a nice job for the Dodgers. I do believe we can work with 4 outfielders. Kemp certainly is not 100%. He may not like it, but he will need some rest. Either is playing center field like he has been there all the time. He gets a great jump on the ball. Crawford will need some rest. We are getting close to full strength. The starting pitching is fine. Now we need to fix the bull pen. We have some pitchers I do not trust. They are Belisario, Guerrier, and League. Moylan, I am luke warm on. I trust Paco, J.P. and Jansen.

46. SpokaneBob says:

For those who watched the game last night, did it seem that the Dodgers played with a little more intensity? I thought so. Also our defense was good and it has to be if we are going to make a run.

47. AnewBlueDay says:

Idaho al — I have noticed the same thing with Ethier in center.

Ball is hit out there, the TV camera zooms in to center — and Ethier is already moving not just in or out or left or right to get ready — is has moved and IS ready.

His concentration out there is 100%. I believe Kemp used to be like that, but might be counting money or things in him mind and future awards and then notices the ball has been hit in his direction.

NOW — all those guys need to keep playing like they have the past three day. What a difference.

Last night, if it were the Dodgers of a month ago, could have play last night 10 times and lost all ten times. Things have changed.

48. Pussy Cat says:

Another person in essence produce significantly content articles I’d declare. This can be a very first time My spouse and i visited your internet webpage and thus significantly? We surprised with all the study you made to develop this actual article remarkable. Superb procedure!