The Los Angeles Guggenheims

I have been doing this blog for more than eleven years.  If you have followed it, you should know that every Spring I predicted the Dodgers would win the World Series.  Spring was a time for optimism – a time when hope sprang eternal.  I predicted that every year, because I voted with my heart.  I bleed Dodger Blue.  I was the eternal optimist and Dodger fan.  I felt the Dodgers would be in the Fall Classic every year… until this year.

• “Be happy McCourt is gone.”
  • “Now we have lots of money.”
  • “We are the Yankees West.”
  • “Guggenheim will do anything to win.”

I was not drinking the Kool-Aid.  I can’t quite tell you why, but I had a deep sense of foreboding as we enterd this season.

Get with the program” I was told!

I tried.  I really tried.  I just couldn’t buy in.

The Dodgers repeatedly got raped, over and over, by anyone who wanted to do it.

Guggenheim overpaid for the team, lied about Frank McCourts’ involvement and continued to overpay.    They lied about Magic Johnson’s role.

They overpaid… and overpaid… and overpaid.

The Dodgers manager is a stiff.

The GM is an idiot.

The female trainer is out of her league.

Stan Conte should be impeached.

The President of the team is a fraud.

Guggenheim and Company are out of their class.

The Dodgers should change their name to the Los Angeles Guggenheims because they are a depreciating financial instrument that lacks any semblance of soul.

The Big Dodger in the Sky has abandoned them and the players keep dropping like flies.

They aren’t human… they have no soul.

Case in point:  14 hits yesterday and only 4 runs.  CHOKE ARTISTS!

It’s over!  If they keep on this path, stick a fork in them.  They are done!

Listen to this – they have no soul!  This is for the Dodgers… even if Andre Ethier hit a HR and tied the game.

32 Responses to “The Los Angeles Guggenheims”

1. Bball says:

You gotta love greinke. Only one with balls. Love it

Hit the next one too!

I would!

You hit mine – I hit 2!

Screw it!

3. Bball says:

Ohh wee

4. Reggie says:

If Donnie has any balls, he will bring in League to drill the next batter. If they don’t throw him out, then hit the next one.

When you are a team in as bad straits as the Dodgers, you should just go out there and knock someone out. I wish I were there…

I admire Zach Greinke! Not afraid even after surgery!

7. Bball says:

I wish McGwire would of just decked Matt Williams.

Greinke showed major balls tonight.

Big respect for him. I get hitting guys in retaliation, but we have every right to be furious over 2 pitches to the head. Uncalled for.

By the way, during the brawl, anyone get nostalgic with the 80s there?? I was watching McGwire, Mattingly, Trammel, Gibson, Lopes, Wallach, Sax, Don Baylor, Honeycutt; it was great.

9. the truth hurts says:

Harang complete game 2 hitter

Why are you blaming the owners? It’s Jed that has made all the moves you despise so much.

Admit it. You never talked this way about McPhuknuts. You loved the guy and I know it. You and I went round and round about this.

These guys will get it together. It’s not just about the money. It’s about the product on the field. It won’t always be a 2290 mm payroll. It will be about drafting, trading correctly and putting butts in seats. That is something McBallsack could never get done correctly. He was too damn busy buying houses and pampering his high maintenance wife.

It took Gibson AND Williams to take on McGwire Bball. He, Puig and Uribe could probably wipe out that dbacks team by themselves.

11. my boy blue says:

Great, Relief pitching gives up a run AGAIN, Puig out of the game

12. Bball says:

Well back to reality. Here comes a loss.

\”You loved the guy and I know it.\”

You are silly!

;)

Head hunting by pitchers need big suspension. I saw two Dodgers hit in the head tonight . . . were there more . . .

The Commissioner needs to throw his weight here — and go after manager and pitcher.

Back to the game. Dodgers, bases loaded, 8th, 1 out — can they begin to make this season work now !!!!

Ok, they got the message . . . we have touchdown

15. Quasimodo says:

I’m not certain, but it looked to me like Kershaw was there in the thick of things and maybe with a punch or two.

16. Quasimodo says:

God it feels good with Jansen driving

17. my boy blue says:

1,2,3-9th inning

Ohhhhhhhh, so that’s what a 1-2-3 9th feels like!!!

The best revenge – just beat ‘em.

Good for FedX. This is a huge opportunity for the young guys.

20. Rob says:

Hopefully this is the game that starts a run, great victory. If you look back at when Ross supposedly got hit, he faked it all the way, check it out.

21. Rob says:

Just watched it again and Ross faked being hit before the Kubel HR.

22. jerry says:

the reason dodger go on the D L IS SO THE WOMEN TRAINER CAN PLAY WITH THEM..

Even Brenly said Ross faked it. How do you fake getting hit? If it hits nothing the ump should see that.

Oh wait.

Maybe this fiasco pulls this team together. Sure hope so.

24. Matt says:

Dbacks and Kennedy are Bush League. Not sure what Gibby’s problem was. A win tonight would be HUGE.

25. Jason says:

Son of a …

Puig contracted the Falsone hamstring virus too? What is going on with this team?

He stayed in the game but still…

26. Quasimodo says:

Good morning men, I don’t know if Ross faked it, but it was nothing more than an inside pitch that required Ross getting in the way of it. Even the umpires were excepting Zack getting a little pay-back as it was called for. I wonder what Ryu thought about all this.

27. Quasimodo says:

Badger, I know you had to be getting a little upset with some of the calls the ump was making of some of those pitches. I wish they’d put that pitch location grid with each one thrown.

I get Fox Sports SW here Quas and they are a real homer outfit. The only time they use the grid is for dback advantage. Brenly, who I like, has a real chip on his shoulder for the Dodgers. His homerism is tough to take at times, funny at other times. Just give me the truth and sometimes the truth doesn’t paint the picture dbacks prefer. And he has a real issue with today’s umps.

That ump last night really stunk. I swear it appeared he was squeezing Greinke and doing it on purpose. Greinke was talking to him on a couple that were right on the corner. When that happened, nothing mentioned from Brenly and Barthiaume. Frustrating.

28. raovat says:

Fairly section written content. I recently located your web blog and accession capital to mention we purchase actually adored bank account your current weblog content. In any manner I shall be opting-in as part of your add to as well as We completion you will get perfect connected with admittance to routinely speedily.

1. [...] The Los Angeles Guggenheims I have been doing this blog for more than eleven years.  If you have followed it, you should know that every Spring I predicted the Dodgers would win the World Series.  Spring was a time for optimism – a time when hope sprang eternal.  I predicted that every year, because I voted with my heart.  [...]… [...]