I have always been a positive person. Each year I have faced the season with optimism and have always felt that the Boys of Summer were full of promise every Spring. It was not hard for me to see a silver lining in seasons of doubt. I was frequently accused of having my eyes clouded with Dodger Blue… until this year.
I was chided, ridiculed and mocked for having an overwhelming sense of foreboding about this season, but even my sense of impending doom led me to believe that this Dodger team was a .500 team. The fact is, the way they are playing, they are a seller-dweller! The team is a train-wreck, but of course Don Mattingly is optimistic. Of course he is… and therein is part of the problem. This team is not a Dodger team and they don’t play like it.
Rants & Raves
- Face it, Dee Gordon isn’t very good.
- For you Chris Capuano haters, you need to understand that he’s a pretty good pitcher.
- Scott Van Slyke hits 2 HR Friday night and doesn’t even play Saturday? Felony Stupid, Donnie.
- Clayton Kershaw is the fastest pitcher to reach 1,000 innings with the lowest ERA – 2.70. Koufax was 2.75 at 1,000, so Kershaw is better than Koufax at this stage of his career.
- Don’t look for Zach Lee in Dodger Stadium this year (if ever). He started out his career in AA on fire, but his lack of a dominant pitch is causing him problems the past few games. I have never been high on Zach. If he has any trade value, they should pull the string.
- On the other hand I am very high on Ross Stripling, Joc Pederson and Yasiel Puig.
- I would like to get Kyle Seager from Seattle. What do the Dodgers have to give up to do that?