Never Forget Freedom Isn’t Free

Never forget those who paid the ultimate price.

Thank you is not enough.

The Dodgers are like an Etch-A-Sketch.  There is just too much junk on the screen.  It needs shook up and given a clean slate.

I got nothing…

big-memorial-day-sale (3)

46 Responses to “Never Forget Freedom Isn’t Free”

1. Mark Sweeney says:

I got nothing… Mark Timmons

Is that a quote from Mattingly?

Support the veterans. ALL of them, not just the actives.

And if you really want to send out support, call your Congressman and tell him/her to bring our service men and women home.

Hope it’s a great day to all out there.

“I got nothing…”

I am sure you could tell us something about being at the 500. I went to one of those once. ONCE. It was the Inaugural California 500 at Ontario Motor Speedway in ’70. I ended up in the car out in the parking lot with a splitting headache. I threw up several times in the process of recovery from that. Loud cars going round and round and round and round and round is just not my thing.

“The Dodgers are like an Etch-A-Sketch. There is just too much junk on the screen. It needs shook up and given a clean slate.”

This team just needs to get the original starting lineup in there with all swinging the bat the way they usually do. It would be helpful if somebody had a career year, but, even if they don’t, give us your normal line and this team can win.

A.J. sinking like a 225 pound boulder. 2 for his last 20, 5 for his last 33. Perhaps he needs a few days off?

got this image off MSTI site. Hope it works here:

4. Quasimodo says:

I was at the cal 500 as well in 70, Badger, in the inner track. If memory serves Andretti won, but can’t say for sure. Anybody know how A.J. is? His wrist was swollen and he was in pain, and heading for the doctor at games end last night. Hope the DL isn’t his days off.

That play that Ellis got hurt on… anybody remember it?

This is a video of how NOT to block the plate. You put your left foot right on the third base line about a foot from the plate exposing nothing but your shin guard, receiving the ball in front of the plate in fair territory and then sweep the tag. A.J. is straddling the plate and takes the throw in foul ground, exposing himself to the oncoming runner. Wow. He could have been carried off the field on a stretcher with that technique. Yet another example of poor fundamental play by a Dodger.

6. Mark Sweeney says:

On ESPN’s First Take, Ozzie Guillen said he would love to manage the Dodgers. He didn’t hesitate in saying he would take the job if offered. He added if he were the Dodgers’ manager he would get the opportunity to meet Kobe. So do the Dodgers need a fire-breather like Ozzie to right this decaying ship?

7. Mark Sweeney says:

Yeah me too Quas, don’t think he would be a help, ManJam would probably boycott the team, lol. Of course Ozzie would jump at the chance, he wants to manage again, he would probably take a job in Pittsburgh if they offered it to him.

I know this is kind of down on Kemp time, because of how he is playing –

But — just watched Michael Bourne make a great catch in centerfield, running back catching the ball. Not sure brother Matt would have had that one.

Bourn should be our center fielder with Kemp in right. Ethier should be somewhere back east and there should be two more top prospects in our system. A Badger GM would have made that so.

• Bobby says:

You actually did call that one, and you’re turning out to be more right than wrong.

Only problem with that would have been that it likely would have required a 3 year deal, which effectively blocks Puig/Pederson from any chance with us.

Either way, I dont think we would have gotten 2 top prospects for Ethier without sending back significant money on a deal we just gave him. The Ethier deal basically is like buying a new car; the second you pay for it, you’ve lost money. Ned bent over, overpaid for him, and 5 min later he’s overpaid. Wonderful.

Agree. You pay either way when trading Ethier.

I have been supportive of Ethier and his 3 WAR but this past winter, with Bourn on the market, I decided it was time to part with ‘dre. I had the feeling the organization had enough of him. Guess not.

Cleveland thought he was worth it – right? 4 years at 12 per. They also got Reynolds in a contract year for 6 mil. That’s another chance I would have taken. As you know I was never on the Cruz mobile.

After watching all of the Dodger games (or parts of them) this season, and watching some of other games and highlights . . . it it my humble opinion that all the Dodgers need is 6 or 7 more players that can actually hit the ball more often.

It is this hand to eye coordination thing. AGon, Punto, Crawford seem to be able to do it. Even M. Ellis — but that is about it.

Kemp, right now, is useless. He needs a real make-over.

11. the truth hurts says:

You guys still talk about this team?

That\’s a Tom Lasorda quote. I heard him tell a bunch of Angel fans that.

13. Bball says:

I got nothin.

14. Bball says:

Cruuuuuz. Suuuuuucks. When will they learn. At least Gordon can pinch run. Cruz is absolutely worthless.

15. Idaho al says:

A runner on 2nd in the 2nd inning with nobody out and we cannot advance him to third. Great defense in the first two innings!!!! I cannot believe Cruz is in the starting line up.

Not only can Hernandez not hit, evidently he has trouble catching as well. 2 more unearned runs. Is any team close to us in that category?

Skaggs gave up no runs on 3 hits with 9 Ks in 6 innings. Man they have some great young arms in that organization.

17. Bball says:

Greinke is our most consistent hitter. That’s sad.

18. Anonymous says:

Pathetic, best exemplifies the situation.

Time to put the bags on, flashback to the Saints

19. Bball says:

Does anybody have an update on hanram?

20. Bball says:

Nevermind just got the update on dodgers.com.

21. Bball says:

Well this is new territory. Ya baby

22. Quasimodo says:

Well how bout goddamn that? Dodgers finally doing it.

Whatever it takes, hope I gave them some good Karma. [:}

Now let me see just how this works out.

Van Slyke replaces Ethier and is hitting over .300 with power.

(request) Puig gets called up for CF, and replaces Kemp who even looks bad striking out.

Fact: both moves are improvements . . .

Puig can do no worse that Kemp is right now. Kemp dropped a ball that was in the palm of his glove early in this game. Oh Puig was 2 for 3 today with a HR and 5 RBIs. He is hitting .316.

But maybe, Matt might get the hit that wins the game tonight.

If the Dodgers win this game today,

they should keep wearing those uniforms,

and not even wash them . . .

26. Quasimodo says:

Shame on me for talking so bad about Uribe.

You can’t give away karma Michael. Wish you could. It goes around and it comes around.

Agree with Roger. Send Kemp….. somewhere, call it a rehab assignment and bring up Puig. Make it for two weeks and see what happens.

28. Bball says:

Leagues sure got his work cut out for him. Please give him some breathing room

29. Quasimodo says:

Wow, Kemp only swings at pitches out of the strike zone.

30. the truth hurts says:

Kemp 0-5 with 4 strikeouts…..

Kemp, your killing us man.

Seriously? 0 for 5 with 4 K’s?

How long does Donnie put up with this?

32. Quasimodo says:

The Dodger way, revisited!

Bye bye Dee. You had your shot and you choked on it.

34. Bball says:

By far the best win this year. Great win

35. Rob says:

Send Cruz packing and bring up joc. Kemp needs to find his stroke soon.

36. Quasimodo says:

And that is why yesterday’s game didn’t look bad to me.

37. Pete M. says:

A momentum changer??? Hell, I dont know, but I’ll take it.
    I hope they run with SVS as long as he has the hot stick… Sorry Dre, time to sit…
    Kemp too is killing me and he has to sit or go on a mind altering stint at hi-alt. minor lg ball…

Yeah, what to do about Matt Kemp. Sit him? I doubt he goes for that.

Someone has to get through to him. It would appear that we are better off without him not in there striking out and hitting into double plays night after night. Even he must be able to see that. Perhaps it can be “handled” with DL move and a rehab assignment.

I suppose we will have SVS in the DH role?

I wonder what is going through Ethier’s head right now.

Also, how long has it been since this organization had a real third base prospect ready to step in? I don’t even remember the last one. Yeah, we got Seager now, but, he is probably three years away.

6 games back in the loss column. String some W’s together and we are back in this thing.

38. Idaho al says:

Heh, a win is a win. Who knows, maybe Uribe is figuring it out. Kemp certainly has not figured it out. We now have more errors than any team in baseball according to Vin. You cannot win with that kind of defense. Right now I would platoon Either and Kemp and move them to the 8th spot in the batting order.Bring up Puig.

The Dodgers must be afraid of losing Cruz if they send him down. He is out of options. What team in their right mind would take him, and if someone did take him, what have we lost. Nothing!!!

39. Quasimodo says:

Yeah, maybe Kemp ate Uribe’s sins. Can’t really say the problem is anywhere other than between his ears any longer after seeing Kemp swing at pitches outside of zone and watching the real strikes go by. At this point he is his worse enemy. Hopefully he recognizes this and starts to seek outside of his head help. Its painfully obvious the answer to his problems are out if his view. We sure could use the old Kemp back and soon.

1. [...] View full post on Yahoo! Sports – MLB – Los Angeles Dodgers News more… Never Forget Freedom Isn’t Free – ladodgertalk.com 05/27/2013 Never forget those who paid the ultimate price. Thank you is [...]