It’s Deja Vu all over again…

I think I can write the same column every day:

“Dodgers can’t hit in the clutch” is all I have to put up every day.

It’s went on for two months.  How much longer do we have to watch this?

Either Puig or Pederson HAS to take Kemps’ place.  The Dodgers need runs, not defense.  I don’t care how good your defense is – if you can’t score you can’t win!

Thank God for the Marlins or the Dodgers would be the worst offensive team in the league.  Forget the the fact that the Marlins paid $30 million for that feat and the Dodgers paid $200 million more for that title.  Money well spent.

The Dodgers have scored more than 3 runs only 17 times in 52 games and are 29th in all of baseball in runs scored!

It’s Deja Vu all over again and I am growing weary of it.

Flex-Superman

45 Responses to “It’s Deja Vu all over again…”

Puig played centerfield last night in AA.

2. Bball says:

I seen an ad on yahoo that Beckett is considering retirement. If this happens does he still get paid. Does he get a portion or does he get nothing. And if he gets nothing does he keep trying to come back or how would that work

If Beckett is gone all of this year, we get a portion of his salary paid by insurance (unless we idiotically didn’t insure his contract).

If he retires, it means the contract is terminated, and we save a ton of cash. He could technically not retire, and “rehab” for this and next season, and still get paid. But if he’s injured, we do recover from insurance (again, unless we idiotically didn’t insure him).

4. Quasimodo says:

Coors Field, geez! Never feel good about playing at that park. Sure seems game are closer to a coin flip there.

“How much longer do we have to watch this?”

Good question. I figure at the rate we are going, we should be mathematically eliminated sometime in late September.

“Either Puig or Pederson HAS to take Kemps’ place.”

Agree. It will happen in Los Angeles in front of 50,000 people.

“Forget the the fact that the Marlins paid $30 million for that feat and the Dodgers paid $200 million more for that title. Money well spent.’

You keep forgetting that the Dodgers are leading all of MLB in attendance and are on the front end of an enormously profitable television deal. If it’s “about the money” then the Dodgers are doing just fine. If it’s about the product, I agree it needs to be tweaked. But first, what needs to happen is the team that is actually making the 200 million needs to get healthy and get on the field together. Once that actually happens, we can then make a determination if it is working or not.

Bobby, seeing as the Gagonhymens are the owners of this team, I would shocked if every contract they put together does not have insurance.

I think it’s important to note….. these people are NOT going to lose money running the Dodgers. They may show a loss on paper….. duh….. all corporations run that way.

Folks, our problem is NOT MONEY!! I cannot say that emphatically enough. Our problem begins and ends on the disabled list.

I remain confident.

The Dodgers just optioned Javy Guerra to AAA and recalled Peter Moylan…

presumably to play CF! Huh?

7. Man vs Food Starring Juan Uribe says:

I thought slavery was illegal. Must not be, because Badger owns Mark on everyone of his posts.

• Mark_Timmons says:

SCOREBOARD

• Mark_Timmons says:

QUIT MAKING EXCUSES.

Two months of the season have passed and the Dodgers are one of the 5 worst teams in baseball.

QUIT USING INJURIES AS AN EXCUSE.

The Yanks kept winning with a whole lot more injuries to key players.

“SCOREBOARD”

They also put the attendance figures up on that scoreboard.

“You can say whatever you want about attendance. You don\’t get to the World Series on attendance – you get there on wins and the Dodgers suck in that area.”

You are the one obsessed about money. I am merely pointing out that the Dodgers will have the money to both make moves on the ML roster, AND restock the system that McRatbastard nearly decimated.

“The Yankees”

ef the Yankees. They have lost 5 in a row. Hope they extend that.

“QUIT MAKING EXCUSES.”

Just pointing out the facts. Did you see that lineup last night? Did you EXPECT to win with that lineup? Why did we have that lineup? We had that lineup because of injuries. And what you are not factoring in to this equation is the WAR we have lost by not having our first team playing the way they usually play. Last year Ethier gave the team 3.3 wins above average. Not seeing that out of him. Matt Kemp gave the team 3.7 wins – not even close so far. Hanley Ramirez was also positive WAR last year. He hasn’t even played. Greinke was a 1.4 WAR last year and so far 0 this year. Is that because he broke his collarbone? I would say… yeah, probably.

The replacements we have in there are not going to give us what our stars are paid for. Excuse? or fact?

“You can say whatever you want and think what you want, but the fact is: THE DODGERS REALLY SUCK RIGHT NOW!”

Right now? Right now they are 5-5 in their last 10 and doing that without their best hitter. Personally I think that’s pretty not too bad.

I still think this team can turn it around. 6 back in the loss column and 7 out and it’s not even June. We have done that with some very serious injuries and lack of production from key players. We’ll get it together.

Badger,

I wish I were as confident in big business as you. I think there are many fat cat screw-ups in big business and Guggs and Co. may be one.

“I wish I were as confident in big business as you.”

You are. I know you, you are a smart business man that knows what it takes to be successful. You understand the value of marketing. All you need to do is read everything written about corporate America to know the deck is stacked. Banks can do whatever they want to do and there is no culpability. Look what Peabody and Patriot Energy just got away with. You no doubt have seen the movie “Too Big to Fail”. It’s all true. Just read the history of Guggenheim Investments – the Dodgers are a plaything for these folks.

I have full faith and confidence they will make money with the Los Angeles Dodgers. If a moron like McMudfish could make a billion by running the team into bankruptcy, an investment firm the size of Guggenheim will do whatever it takes. They could turn this team completely over and not skip a beat with the financials. This team has really played rather boring ball, but they are way ahead of everyone else in attendance. Imagine what they could do if they started to win.

And then there is the television contract. Wow.

It’s all good. It may take a few years, but the Dodgers WILL be entertaining. You can count on it.

Hey, don’t worry; the guys have the second best ERA in the NL.

They lead the NL in saves.

They are 13 of 15 in giving up the least HRs.

They lead the NL in holding the other teams to the lowest batting average.

Hitting wise,

They are 5th in the NL with 53 dinger or HRs.

These guys are playing tough . . .. oh, wait – that is the Pittsburgh Pirates.

11. Bobbie17 says:

I was at the Angels games in Anaheim. This team has no concept of hitting. 75% of the at bats are of poor quality. I’ve never seen so many swings at pitches out of the strike zone. Terrible at bats. This has been going on for years. McGuire, I guess, is not the answer. I am not sure there is one. One of my young favorites, SVS, looks as bad as the others. Totally overmatched by Weaver. That high BA in the minors looks like it means nothing, I’m sad to say. Terrible. Terrible.

Jered Weaver has made a lot of Major League hitters look bad. That lineup he was facing may have cracked him up. It must have looked like a rehab assignment to him.

Much better lineup tonight:

Mark Ellis 2B, Andre Ethier RF, Adrian Gonzalez 1B, Ramon Hernandez C, Scott Van Slyke LF, Skip Schumaker CF, Luis Cruz SS, Juan Uribe 3B, (Clayton Kershaw P)

Only one minor leaguer and 3 back-ups…. that is if you count Cruz and Mark Ellis as starters…. which they were at the beginning of the year. That lineup should give Kershaw 2 runs, which might be enough. Here’s hoping.

12. Bball says:

I hate to be a downer but kershaws breaking stuff has no break at coors field. He’s not that great there. This could be his worst start of the year. Lets hope not. It don’t help that Ramon Hernandez is your cleanup hitter. Yikes. At least I’m drinking a coors light right now

I think Donnie knows he’s on his way out, and he’s going out with a bang by constantly putting a lineup out there that’s more ridiculous than the last.

By Sunday I expect Ryu to bat 2nd in CF, and Bellasrio at SS batting 3rd.

I may have a drink today for every ridic thing I see our team do.

14. Mark Sweeney says:

You’ll be drunk by the 4th inning, Bobby

15. Rob says:

Bad front office, bad management, bad injuries, bad Players, this team just sucks. A new direction is needed and I am tired of hearing, “It’s still early”.

16. Rob says:

Dodgers are making garland look like a Cy young pitcher

17. Rob says:

Everyone points out when mark is wrong but he was spot on with uribe.

I’m losing my buzz!!

19. Rob says:

I didn’t think that would help with how bad he looked the past two years.

Amazing what miracle turnarounds happen in a contract year. He will get another contract out of somebody and the same thing will happen.

Donnie Baseball strikes again!!

21. Bball says:

Hey I’ve stood up for uribe since he’s been here. Your my boy uribe.

22. Rob says:

Here comes the disappointment

Really?????

24. Bball says:

You have got to be kidding me. League you are a sorry piece of dog shit

25. Quasimodo says:

Yep, that’s league. Who didn’t see that coming?

26. Quasimodo says:

The worse thing about League is he’s happy to do that.

27. Bball says:

Could this season get any worse

Leeeg.

Kershaw doesn’t finish he isn’t guaranteed a win.

This really is a team effort isn’t it.

29. Bball says:

That’s my boy

30. Quasimodo says:

League did enough to take away Kershaw’s win and gets credited with the win. Wow.

Actually a big time win today. After League pretended he was a Giant and not a Dodger, the guys battled back.

Showed some heart, and that’s actually the most I take out of today’s win.

32. Rob says:

A little bite left in this dog

Strange way to do it, but I too will take it. Showed some stones after that character League does it again.

6.5 back in a tight division.

It’s now June. Only 4 months left in the season. Just 109 games left to go. Can we make up that many games in only 4 months? Some think not. I remain confident.

Take your time Hanley. We are going to need you for the last 100 games or so.

35. Pete M. says:

Badger the life boats are full and in the water!! Screw it, I think I’ll stay backs with the band and have a couple Coronas…
    6.5 back…Can we??? I say can do!!!
    Han Ram, take it EZ…Anyhow it’s beautiful in the outskirts of Bakersfield this time of year!!!

“Anyhow it’s beautiful in the outskirts of Bakersfield this time of year!!!”

I think you have had enough Corona’s.

The West can be won, but not with the lineups the Dodgers have been throwing out there. There will be some moves made, including dumping Ethier if he doesn’t get his head out of his ass. My feeling is this management team will dump salary at the drop of an iPad and think nothing of swallowing several million. It’s about entertainment value and this team, scrappy though they are at times, just ain’t all that entertaining.

Having said that, I still anticipate a lineup with Crawford, Kemp, Ethier, Gonzalez and Ramirez all healthy and all doing what they are paid to do. If they can get it together, then Uribe’s, Schumaker’s and Punto’s can do what they do – which is contribute without having the carry the club.

1. [...] The rest of the article can be found here: LADodgerTalk.com – Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Vin Scully, Andre Ethier and the Dodgers [...]