I am tired of these lying Dodgers

They told us that Magic Johnson would be “hands on and in his office every day.”  That was a damn lie.  I see him everywhere that has to do with the Lakers or the NBA, but he has no office in Dodger Stadium and he rarely shows up at games.

The Dodgers told us that Frank McCourt does not get money from the parking.  Another damn lie.  He does!

The Dodgers told us they wanted to win now.  Damn lie too!  If they had wanted to win, why did they make so many stupid dope-fiend moves?

The Dodger players collectively say that they are behind Don Mattingly.  Ned says he is behind him and so does Stan Kasten.  I’m sure Magic Johnson would say the same thing, if he wasn’t so busy talking basketball and the Lakers.  That’s another damn lie.  They are not behind him.  Quit saying stupid stuff.

I can’t hear what you are saying, because your actions scream louder than your words!

Guggs and Company must think Dodger fans are stupid.   We are not and you should vote with your feet!  Refuse to go to the games.  Don’t buy their gear.  Screw the Dodgers.

Matt Kemp is a hard worker, but he’s a knuckle-head in that he keeps up his same approach that is not working.  I admire Adrian Gonzalez for re-inventing himself.  He won’t hit 40 HR anymore but he’s a hitter that will drive in runs and have a good batting average.  Matt is trying to be something he isn’t.  Change your thinking – change your life, Matt.  Matt is a leadoff hitter right now.  He needs to adapt, but he probably needs to take 4 or 5 days off to just unlax.

While we are at it, did Logan White and DeJon Watson think so little of Scott Van Slyke that he was dropped from the 40-man roster, or was that a Ned Colletti decision?  I’d love to ask that question, because someone should be fired over that – White and Watson or Colletti!

I have just found out that Luis Cruz has photos of Don Mattingly and Ned Colletti in some compromising positions which is why he has been able to stay on the team despite a batting average that is lower than his I.Q. (and he ain’t a rocket scientist).

P.S. I wrote this during the game last night and even though they won, I don’t feel any differently.  As usual, I reserve the right to change my mind.  Only a fool doesn’t do that!

big-memorial-day-sale (3)

65 Responses to “I am tired of these lying Dodgers”

1. the truth hurts says:

We are very good at these 1 game win streaks. Although last night was probably the most exciting game I have watched this year, we all know these Dodgers will probably lose the next 3 games.

Kemp 0-5 with 4 strikeouts, I mean this is terrible. He looks terrible. He is now dropping balls in the outfield. He looks like he has no confidence anymore. This guy now from 2011? Did anyone see this coming? He is surely a liability that needs to be addressed.

Agon said in the post game interview that he shortened his swing the timing has been great for him. Good for him.

2. Mark Sweeney says:

Kemp had a great year, it went to his head, he signed a huge contract, he stopped listening to coaches, he got fat and happy, he stopped listening to coaches, he continued to go downhill, he stopped listening to coaches, he sucks and won’t listen to coaches. In answer to your question, yeah I did see this coming. Big ego, big money, pitcher on the cover of mags and video games, big failure. Truly for the sake of his career, he needs to be sent down to the minors, gain some humility, start listening to coaches and see if he can pull his head out of his ass. When I say sent down to minors, I don’t mean for a week, he really needs to be shipped out with no promise of a return and then be left there for 3 to 4 weeks (regardless of if he starts hitting while down). If you remember the old Fram oil filter commercial, You Can Pay Me Now or Pay Me Later, it totally applies here. They either pull the trigger and humble this stupid idiot or they literally get nothing from him and eventually have to trade him away for a song.

Do it, Brass, or lose him for the remainder of his time with the Dodgers. Tough times call for tough solutions.

3. Mark Sweeney says:

That would be “picture” not “pitcher”. Damn non edit feature

4. Quasimodo says:

I don’t know they’ll lose the next three. I saw light through the rubber-match loss with Cardinals. How long Dodgers will retain the spirit I’m clueless about. But if they start to relax it’ll bring back the poison. I couldn’t care less if Magic Johnson is hands on or hands off. All I want is to see the fruit of the talent of this team. I want whatever team mate to answer the call that he was called upon to do. The weather’s not always nice and sometimes the storm needs to be braved. If DM makes a bad move-try to make it look right. Like last night.

Kemp needs a sports psychologist that is skilled in hypnotism. Maybe they got one in Albuquerque. He is in the middle of some bad habits and evidently Mc can’t do a thing about it. If Kemp would only take a page out of AgGon’s book. Ethier should read that same page.

I haven’t seen Magic anywhere lately. Guess I don’t travel in the same circles you do Mark.

“Screw the Dodgers.” Timmons

Really? Screw the Dodgers?

SVS and Uribe. As long as they are hitting, they play.

6. J says:

Cruz drew a walk.

7. J says:

I’ve mostly moved on from this blog. Usually bombastic nonsense to get people all riled up

• Jae says:

Why are you still here then?

As Mark would say “Go to mamby pamby land, you jackwagon.”

;)

I, for one am riled up with this team. They are deplorable.

But if you do not like it, stay away. That is easy!

I can take care of myself, Jae.

J, you have posted under 8 different monikers on this board and I have yet to see a post that was cogent.

Adios and vaya con dios!

9. Mark Sweeney says:

I wager to say that “J” must be the shortest moniker he has ever used however. Now you have to admit that there is a good share of nonsense on this board but is there anymore nonsense than any other board? Most likely not.

Personally I have chosen to not read a particular posters posts and it has been very helpful to making the board enjoyable. Sort of like what I do each morning, I just flushed that crap out of my system. Like TV shows or radio shows, no one forces you to watch or listen, just flush that negativity. Crap flows downhill. J you don’t have to be downhill you have a choice, just elevate yourself out of the flow of crap. It’s your choice, but some posters are interesting and worthwhile giving a read.

10. jorden says:

Did you tell us a while back you were throwing in the towel on writing about the Dodgers?? DAMN LIE.

11. Bball says:

I was listening to MLB radio this morning and they said that kemp just got clearance to start lifting weights. Maybe lifting weights will give him his shoulder strength back. And obviously he wasn’t 100% healthy and prolly shouldn’t even have started the season till he was. If your Matt wouldn’t you want a break and just say it hurts even if it doesn’t?

12. Quasimodo says:

Damn lie? Mark stated he had other priorities and didn’t have the inspiration he once had at maintaining HIS site. I personally thank him for keeping with us. For me, that’s a gift. I don’t have to agree with anybody here and I’m happy when my comments are countered. Its why I am here. I hope I don’t come across as berating anyone’s opinion. Mine is no better-its just mine.

13. Quasimodo says:

I’m certain Kemp is more discontent with his performance than any of us are. He’s ours through 2020. We all know he’ll come around and hopefully he’s open to outside help. We sure need the good ole Kemp.

14. Kevin says:

I thought you were done writing mark? So who is the liar sir?

15. Mark Sweeney says:

Ouch!

Kemp just got clearance to work out? I find that to be a very odd statement. How can you be playing a professional sport and be told not to work out? If he can’t lift weights, even light weights, he should not be on the field.

There are always butterheads on blogs. Always has been. Many of the guys on this board have been around on other boards for over 15 years. Many of the new posters come in and try to make a name for themselves by behaving like neanderthals. We are all used to it. Most of the time they flush themselves out.

I am surprised there are no comments on Gordon being sent down. Mattingly still believes in him. Called him a young Michael Bourn. Would have to look up Bourn’s first 590 at bats (that’s all Gordon has to this point) to verify that, but, I would assume Mattingly knows what he is talking about. I know this, Gordon was more impressive in the minors than was Didi Gregorious, but Didi is by far more impressive at the Major League level. In fact, his numbers are currently better in the Show than in the minors. Nice pick-up Towers. Jed, where’s your move like that one?

• the truth hurts says:

Badger, I think Kemp got clearance to increase the weight on his lifting. Not positive though.

17. the truth hurts says:

It is hard to write for a team that has as much downs as this club. It is just hard to write for a team in general when your working full time.

Mark let me write a couple of times and trust me, ITS NOT EASY!

When times are rough, you can’t keep posting how much Kemp sucks or Gordon sucks or this team can’t score runs.

Mark has an addiction called the Dodgers. When he says he is done I am sure it seems like a great idea at the time. I even told myself I would not watch anymore games this month and then I find myself watching the Dodgers beat the Angels last night.

We all have this addiction.

Give the guy a break! He puts a lot of time into this thing so we can punch our keyboards and receive some kind of recognition for being fans.

Kevin,

Read the postscript: “As usual, I reserve the right to change my mind. Only a fool doesn’t do that!”

BTW, I did quit. I just started back.

Somebody has to be the voice of reason to keep you guys from drinking the Kool-Aid!

19. Mark Sweeney says:

Ouch!

Everyone chill, everyone has the addiction in here, it’s obvious. What lacks is tact, if everyone just had a bit more respect for one another and a little less “shoot to kill” responses to others, it would actually be a much more enjoyable place. There will always be some that can only act like attacking assholes no matter what.

Remember: Opinions are like assholes, every board has both, LOL!

If and that’s a BIG IF, Matt gets his head back on straight, the pitching will be better, the fielding will be better and so will the hitting.
    Matt is the cog that drives this machine and just like it would be him that leads us, it is him that can take us down. Just like a flock of sheep, the team will follow the leader.
    Earth to Matt come in please

Mark, you need to hire protection for your life. All of these anti-Dodger statements. Best also, to have an official taster of your food, water, and beer. Bodies have been known to drop — when they start talking negative.

Poor Matt must be having a terrible time, emotionally. I am sure that he has gotten advice from all over: mom, dad, friends, every coach he has ever played for, and fans writing letters or sending e-mail messages.

I have said now for a couple of weeks, he needs to change his approach at the plate. I assume he is taking extra batting practice. Have the eyes checked and re-checked. But it seems he is swinging at too many pitches out of the strike zone.

Gee, he will take one right down the middle, then several pitches later, strikeout with a ball out of the zone.

22. Bobbie17 says:

SVS must play every day. If that means that Kemp, Ethier, Crawford or Gonzalez sits for a game, so be it. It’s time to look for a new star, and he might be the guy. He certainly has the bloodlines, if that means anything. No platooning. Play every day and see what happens. If he fails again, at least he will have been given a fighting chance.
    As for Kemp, he will probably work it out, at some point. The power will be the last thing to come back. A few line drives would be nice. Hits up the middle would be nice. Something to start getting the stroke back. This teams needs more than Kemp. It appears that the plank has gotten longer. Too bad.

23. J says:

I only used your site as a convenient launch pad to go to TBLA and MSTI…but get all angry if you want. You still suck T-ball.

• Mark_Timmons says:

I suppose it has something to do with the fact that he’s an accomplished writer and I’m not. Well, if I work at it, I can do better, but I\’m not in his class… just like the Dodgers aren’t in the class of the Giants.

Are you calling me T-ball? Is that the most current league you have mastered?

24. J says:

T-ball is like the Rush Limbaugh of Dodger blogs

25. Quasimodo says:

I sure am ready for more fun tonight. Love day games and I’m in the pacific time zone. So sorry for the fans on the east coast. Just heard a piece of a Dave Mason song on MLBN-took me back a few and got connected to ‘that old time feeling’ for a moment. Harold Reynolds talking about Kemps swing just now…interesting. Mechanics.

“Everyone chill, everyone has the addiction in here, it’s obvious. What lacks is tact, if everyone just had a bit more respect for one another…… blah blah blah LOL” ‘s weenie

By “everyone” may we assume you mean “everyone else”?

Strange tone in here today.

27. J says:

From a friend:

LADodgerTalk FIXED:

you’re welcome.

28. the truth hurts says:

prime time espn tonight boys

I guess some of you can\’t read English.

Where did I say I didn\’t like the Dodgers?

Why would I write about them if I didn\’t?

I don\’t like their lies and their play…. and the manager… and the GM and whoever else is behind the curtain.

I am rooting for them as much as ever.

I am just not drinking the Kool-Aid!

Yeah, screw the Dodgers!

Well, not the Dodgers, just their manager. And the GM. And the owners. And everyone else behind the curtain.

If they start winning, and keep winning, we will love everything about them.

31. Quasimodo says:

In the last 5 games Uribe is hitting .500, last 4 in a row he doubled in all. Who’d a thunk it?

32. Idaho al says:

Look you guys, we are all Dodger fans or we would not be here writing and talking about the Dodgers. I have been a fan of the Dodgers for 60 years. Roy Campanella was my favorite player when I was young. I want to see the Dodgers play good fundamental baseball. When they do not, I am not happy and I will say so. This does not mean I hate the Dodgers. I think Colletti needs to go. Also, I get upset when Mattingly makes the same bad decision over and over. I am referring to Ellis bunting to move Crawford to third. Then St. Louis intentionally walks Agon. This took Ellis and Agon, who are batting over 300, from maybe getting a hit to score Crawford. I am not a manager, but I just think Mattingly should know that Agon is going to be walked with first open. I would.

33. Idaho al says:

Sorry. Bunting to move Crawford to second and not third.

So Gonzales getting 4 hits last night — that means that Donnie will probably not have him in the lineup tonight.

Same with Van Slyke, 2 hits last night — probably sits tonight.

Just looked, so I am batting .500, or 1 or 2. Gonzales plays, Van Slyke sits.

With Blanton tonight, should be batting practice for the Dodgers — get Van Slyke in there soon.

37. Bball says:

Hanley going to start rehab assignment on Thursday. Great news. Can’t wait to see him back. Sure wish van Slyke knew how to play third

Well now, almost 2 months along into the seasons . . .

Dodger starters . . . like two hand full of pitchers.

So far, two have won 5 games each: Kershaw & Ryu

Greinke has won 2.

and that is it for more than 1 wins by a starter . . .

9 different starters thus far.

Beckett has started 8 times, yet to have even 1 win.

Capuano is a bit less, 5 starts with 1 win.

This does drive a manager crazy. He cannot count on quality starts, leading to a win.

In all — the Dodgers have used 19 different pitchers on the roster.

Giants have used 14.
    Cardinals 16
    Nationals 14

39. Mark Sweeney says:

Sorry but how in the hell is Cruz in the starting lineup, again. Damn Mattingly, what the hell?

40. Mark Sweeney says:

One more thing, Damn Mattingly, SVS not in the lineup tonight in the HELL, fn idiot!!!

You know it might be time that our manager isn’t known as Don Mattingly, but rather Damn Mattingly.

41. the truth hurts says:

One inspired bunch tonight!

Ryu has to hit a double himself and watch Crawford and Ellis fail to score him. He is pitching like the best #3 (maybe #2) in baseball tonight by the way.

Ethier doubles for a Kemp RBI failure.

Coletti interviewed on ESPN said he is keeping faith in Mattingly (what else would he say?) and Kemp has been cleared by all medical staff regarding his shoulder, it is a matter of “patience”.

etc etc etc……..

Score a run for Ryu!

That’s why!

Brilliant move by Mattingly putting Cruz in tonight………….

I’m just messin with ya.

Where is everybody?

45. Quasimodo says:

Well if any were in question of Ryu, he certainly gave answer tonight. XLNT pitching!

46. Rob says:

Two great wins in a row!!!

47. 1000OaksDave says:

“Where is everybody?”

Well, I may be a nobody or somebody, but I was watching the Kings beat the Sharks in game seven. Go Kings!!!!! I gave up tickets to the Dodger game so I could watch game seven. Go Chicago in game seven! I hope they beat Detroit . My best friend since fifth grade (I’m 47) is coming out this weekend from Chicago to hang with me in Newport Beach. He’s a big Blackhawks fan and hopefully we’ll be able to watch the Kings beat Chicago while hangin’ at a bar near the pier (Mutt Lynches or Blackies I’d guess).

48. Pete M. says:

Ryu was a surgeon…Welcome back Juan Uribe… Need Cap to give a quality start…
    Hopefully Weaver rusty and we rake…Lets humble Angles at their crib…
    I lose my QB at ND for a boneheaded decision, but still looking at one the top D units in NCAA… Couple extra trips to the Grotto and we’ll be fine…The thought of the statue Tommy rees does give me sphincter spasms…

Notre Dame should be fine Pete. Teams like that have so much depth they don’t miss it when one of their stars leaves. Just throw another body in there.

Ryu has been worth the money. AGon is worth the money. Crawford has been worth the money. Beckett has not. But, who knows. Maybe he wins one when we really need it.

We are only 4 games out of second place….. in the loss column. Just put together some W’s.

Ramirez will be on assignment.

Kemp just missed one.

Kings huh. I couldn’t even find them on tv.

Pacers. Found them.

50. the truth hurts says:

Bagder, I’m going to take a little dose of your optimism today….

We have our work cut out for us with Weaver back on the mound…hopefully the bats show up.

This is the Ryu way. Just do not give up any runs.

Funny how Ned and Donnie just knew that Cruz had one good game and AB in him for the year.

Just glad that no one in the N.L. West is running away with it. Because the Dodgers have been going the other way too long.

For these last two games — just remember who the Dodgers are playing . . . a team that has now lost more games than the Dodgers.

52. Mark Sweeney says:

I should have called out Cruz long ago. I’ve called out Kemp but he didn’t have the result like it had on Cruz.

No SVS, it’s still Damn Mattingly, what the hell is it going to take to have you keep a hot player in the lineup?

The hot players were in the lineup. Punto had a back bruise and SVS is the back-up outfielder to play when one of the other guys need a day off. My guess is we will see him today. And we have all called out Cruz. Yesterday was his blind squirrel day against a guy with a 6+ ERA. A guy who has given up the most hits of any pitcher in MLB.

Weaver could be rusty. Kind of like Greinke has been. Get to him early before he establishes a rhythm.

54. Quasimodo says:

As good as it felt to get another win we still need the bats to have more life. Dammit! Don’t know how our hitting stars can continue to be unable to shine. Hopefully they’ll turn the switch on today and start steamrolling and putting competition in the rear view mirror. I don’t want to depend on Weaver being rusty. Our lineup should fear no pitcher. It should be the other-way-round. Still needs a shake-up.

Zach Lee won last night, 6 innings, 2 hits, 1 walk, 7 Ks. = ERA now 2.67.

He is either learning how to pitch, or he keeps fooling hitters in AA.

56. jerry says:

kemp if he stays in the line up .he needs to hit down in the 7th hole

57. Mark Sweeney says:

Damn Mattingly is going to start referring to his neighbors as the Guardian Angels of Anaheim, since they saved his ass (for now at least).

Kemp: Say what you want about his health, lifting weights, etc. Those things are not causing him to take pitches down the middle and swing at crap out of the strike zone. His issue is between the ears, it’s pretty obvious, just watch his body language, even a stupid varmint can see it.

58. Quasimodo says:

I’m certain Kemp is also aware that his head is the major issue he has. He probably hasn’t excepted the possibility that he has to adjust being any less of the beast he was prior to his injury. That is a real threat. Some don’t ever regain their swing. AGon made adjustments and I’m sure he also faced problems between the ears. Every star has slumps, even without getting injured. Cardinal fans very much out of character booed Stan Musial. Hope Kemp works it out soon. We’re all starting to get more than worried.

This varmint sees something else.

I see a guy used to making contact and is now pressing. His body is not reacting the easy it normally does and he has made no adjustment. Some of that has to fall on McGwire, but most of it is on Matt. Shorter stroke, lighter bat, whatever.

But I also see signs he is on his way back. It will be a different second half.

1. [...] The rest of the article can be found here: LADodgerTalk.com – Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Vin Scully, Andre Ethier and the Dodgers [...]