Bridge to Nowhere

I know that the Almighty Stan Kasten and his Clown Crown Prince Sir Ned Colletti must have a plan to bridge the gap between the current Dodgers and re-building the farm.  The thing is:

IT AIN’T WORKING!

When the Dodgers traded for Hanley Ramirez for Nate Eovaldi, I was OK but not overwhelmed, as I knew that Hanley felt he HAD to play SS, not 3B.  That was a potential problem.  But, then they traded Ivan DeJesus, Jr., Jerry Sands, James Loney, Allen Webster and Rubby De La Rosa to the Red Sox for a band of thirty-somethings named Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzales and Nick Punto and assumed a QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS IN SALARY!

Next they signed Zach Greinke to a $147 million contract and Brandon League to a 3-year $22 million dollar deal (GM’s all over the league laughed their butts off over this deal).  I have a few questions:

How would we feel if the Dodgers didn’t have Adrian Gonzales at 1B, Carl Crawford in LF and Josh Beckett on the mound (I’m not even considering Punto)?  Do you think they’d be doing any worse if we had this lineup?

1. Bourne  CF  (The Dodgers could have afforded to sign him if they didn’t have $400,000,000 tied up in four players)
  2. Ellis/Schumaker  2B
  3. Ethier  LF
  4. Kemp  RF
  5. Eric Chavez 3B (could have easily signed him as a free agent)
  6. Loney 1B (he’s one of the top BA hitters in the AL now), or Berkman
  7. Ellis C
  8. Gordon  SS

YOU DON’T BUILD A BRIDGE BY TAKING ON A QUARTER MILLION IN SALARY WITH A BUNCH OF AGING, INJURY-PRONE THIRTY-SOMETHING HITTERS.  Even Ray Charles could see that.  But, evidently Stan and Ned couldn’t and most of the fans couldn’t!  Everyone was ga-ga over the free-spending Dodgers… all except me!

I guess I’m OK with Greinke signing, but the Dodgers would still have De La Rosa, Webster and Eovaldi if they didn’t have Ramirez, CC, Beckett and A-Gon.  This team is a train-wreck and Stan and Ned are the conductors.  If it were a real train, they would be given breathalyser tests and brought up on charges.  The Grand Jury would indict both of them.

The Dodgers could have signed any number of players to shorter-term less money deals if they wanted to bridge the gap until the farm would flourish again.  Scott Hairston would have been nice on the bench and could have been afforded without the quarter million owed to the AARP members.  If you didn’t like Loney, you could have Lance Berkman for 1 year/$11 mil.

I’m going to say it again – Kasten and Colletti were idiots to do those deals.  Even Greinke is questionable.   The Dodger could have had Kyle Lohse for a lot less to bridge the gap to De La Rosa, Webster, Eovaldi, Lee and Magill.  Maybe things will change, but right about now, Stan and Ned look like candidates for the worst front office in baseball.  They are the poster boys of how not to run a baseball club.  Throw in Stan Conte and you have Curley, Larry and Moe.  Tell me this doesn’t look a lot like them.

stooges 5

80 Responses to “Bridge to Nowhere”

You need a new drum set.

I\’ll keep up the same beat until they make a change or prove me wrong!

For the record, I would love to be proven wrong because it would mean good things for the Dodgers. I just don\’t see it…

You have to admit, I have been consistently condemning this bridge to nowhere.

And I keep telling you the same thing. Your guy McClownstick f’d this organization up nearly beyond recognition. Have some patience. We still need better players at third, second, and on the bench. The pitching will come around as will Kemp and Ethier.

It’s early. I remain confident.

4. Bobbie17 says:

When will it not be “early”? June 1? 15 games out? July 30? Sept1? These guys play bad baseball. Period. 200 million or 2 million. They play bad baseball. Period. They are a TEAM only because they wear the same uniform. That’s it. The same can be said for the organization. Just because it is called “Dodgers” you should win. Not so. You have to build, build, and build some more. From draft to the majors. This will take years yet, with more stupid mistakes and bad baseball, I’m afraid. I love the Dodgers, but I don’t like them. For a fan, the love is easy; the like is hard. They play BAD BASEBALL. PERIOD.

It will NOT BE EARLY when we are mathematically eliminated.

We had this same conversation last year when the team was playing their way out of contention. I kept saying – just hang in there. And they played better and weren’t eliminated until the last week of the season.

Mark, you know I am right. You have lost every single 500 push-up bet we have ever made, going back over 10 years. Here’s another one I will make with you ….. the teams that are NOW in first place will not be in first place come July 31st. AND, the teams that are in first place on July 31st will not be in first place at the end of the year. 500…. double or nothing. We on?

Some of you guys seem to forget how long the ML baseball season actually is. This team is struggling, that is true. But so are some other very good teams in MLB. Have patience. Look for the light, rather than scream at the dark. IT WILL get better. This organization is on the right track.

btw, every time I see a picture of the Stooges I am reminded of a classmate of mine at Canoga Park Elementary in 1960. Her name was Jane Howard, Curly’s daughter. She was really sweet and we were good friends. Her father had already passed away by that time, but from what she remembered, she really spoke well of him as a father.

7. Pete M. says:

Looking back is a fool man’s wisdom…
    So now Loney is a better bet than AGon??? This is the same 1B who was battered and beaten by Dodger bloggers everywhere??? Spare me…
    All the past week’s accolades for C.C. and now a mistake???
    The 3B decision was a fairytale wish for sure…
    I’m happy D.G. is here and one day at a time.. Just get on base any way you can…Yesterday’s Rbi triple was as good of a 3 iron shot I’ve seen in awhile… Got get em D.G…
    Patience, that’s all we’ve got…

8. Jae says:

• Roger Dodger says:

Back early last season — the chemistry was working. All the tubes were full of possible . . .

9. emerson-Lake says:

I think the deals that were made last year were motivated by incredibly short-term thinking–let’s win now, this year. This was obviously misguided, but we don’t know where the pressure to win so fast came from–the front office or Guggenheim Baseball Management. I think Mark is correct in listing some of the short-term signings we could have made for this year. The huge, irredeemable mistakes were trading all of the best pitching prospects in the system–guys that could have been the core of the team for the next decade or longer. None of the guys we have left come close, including Lee, and certainly McGill. Loney–go figure–I don’t think he would have come around for the Dodgers, with all the abuse he was getting–maybe he’s best suited to a less pressured second division situation–but I don’t his new team is picking him apart for not hitting homers.
    but back to the future–ours was severely compromised by the “win now” trades, and we may be doomed to the free agent game for the foreseeable future.

Didn’t Loney get off to a great start in 2011, or was it 2010? How did that turn out. Maybe the AL pitchers have to see him a little longer. Maybe Loney has finally figured it out, or maybe he’s tantalizing the Rays much like he did the Dodgers. Like Badger says, “Some of you guys seem to forget how long the ML baseball season actually is.”

And by the way, if it wasn’t for “McClownstick”, the deal with Boston would have been unnecessary. We might still have RDLR, Webster, etc., and our first baseman would be Prince Fielder. And yes, I do know that the Dodgers made an offer to Fielder, and that the injury to Martinez led to Detroit making their offer. But somehow, I think the current ownership would have responded somewhat more aggressively.

Some, right now, even the top Dodger thinkers and shakers — might be looking at the possible Free Agent list for this coming winter.

And putting names down. But my crystal ball says — if they want to fill the holes that way, then the Dodgers give up Draft Choices. And that is bad.

So, as Badger has said in the recent past, build through the farm teams. Teach them the Dodger and right way to play the game. Instruction, instruction, instruction.

The other way is to trade pieces. Well, do you trade the top minor leaguers (the good ones left) — but then the near future of the draft and international signings fly away.

This is tough.

On top of that, Kemp and Ethier are both stinking up the place. And will one of the coaches please help AJ Ellis on those low pitches that are getting by him. Like, get a bigger glove, and place the body in front of the ball . . .

12. KEN says:

One of the Guggenheim guys does look a lot like Curly.

The dodgers are still just a .500 team, check the results of the last 162 games.

The players are cracking under the weight of their paychecks. that are tied around their necks. That sound you hear is not the Santa Ana winds, it is the dodger players choking under the pressure, especially the bullpen with an ERA of 4.74. Another day with the bullpen overworked, three relievers have pitched in more than 50% of the games this year, maybe Schumaker will pitch today.

Good news – Gordon is leading the dodgers in SLG % :)

Crawford
    Gordon
    Kemp
    AGon
    Ramirez
    Ethier
    Uribe
    Ellis
    Kershaw
    Greinke
    Ryu
    Billingsley
    Beckett

That lineup looks pretty dang good to me. You cannot blame the losses we have incurred on bad management decisions. We need improvement at third base, and if Gordon cannot improve offensively we need improvement at second base. But the guys we got from Boston are actually playing quite well. And to say we should have Loney in there instead of Gonzalez makes anyone who says it sound foolish.

As for the trading of those guys mentioned, how does having any of them back actually improve the present team? Webster and De La Rosa can’t hit a lick, Eovaldi isn’t pithcing and IDJ is no better than any of the back-ups we currently have. Every one of those guys is still listed as prospects.

Your argument doesn’t make sense to me. Stop thinking about the money and start thinking about the investments being made in the organization.

We’ll be back.

Of that I remain confident.

Clumsy frikkin ump. He actually forearms AGon in the chin. This should NEVER happen!

15. Quasimodo says:

I loved Loney. I don’t know what the problem was or how it was solved but it wasn’t ages before that he was the RBI king of the club. Stood up for him here and other sites-but well, so what? Now I only catch up on him by reports or chat here. Dammit, why didn’t the world just end back last year in December?

At least the Dodgers are not the Cubs . . . There is a hole so deep that even the mayor cannot fill it.

17. Quasimodo says:

Badger, I sure wish PrimeTicket would put that strike grid every pitch. I know us viewers are at a disadvantage make an accurate call but these ump’s are calling balls on pitches a lot closer than many of their called strikes-that much I can surely see. Umpires also back a peers bad call knowing it wasn’t correct-that is not their job.

Umpires hate that grid.

The best umps are those you never talk about. They are consistent, always in position and can maintain their cool in the heat of the moment. Major League umps are good, but not great. Many forget that nobody has ever paid to see them.

I liked Loney to Quas. But he didn’t improve the way most thought he should, and he always looked like he just woke up. Maybe the low pressure of playing before a few hundred fans at home will allow him to hit to his potential. We are much better off with Adrian Gonzalez at that position. Gonzalez is only two years older than Loney. It’s not like we went from a 25 year old to a 35 year old at that position.

Just heard the dbacks are by far the best defensive team in all of baseball.

Badger, the ump actually stepped in the direction AGon was headed. He stepped left when he should have stepped right, which would have completely avoided AGon. Looks like he could also stand to lose some weight.

I could see where maybe RDLR or Webster could help now. But I also see that the Dodgers aren’t scoring, and it’s true, “they can’t hit a lick”, and that is the biggest problem right now. In fact, lack of run scoring is directly responsible for placing too much of a burden on the pen.

The Dodgers will win if Kemp and Ethier start hitting, Hanley comes back and starts hitting, and AGon and Crawford stay healthy and continue to hit. And if Gordon continues to hit, then Hanley has to move to 3B, and I’d be satisfied with Mark Ellis at around his normal career numbers. There’s a lot of “ifs”, but mostly those are “ifs” for players with a track record.

Everything is going wrong right now. If things even out, then there will be a period where everything goes right. And if this turns out to be just one of those years (it happens), I won’t change my tune, and will continue to believe that this Dodgers management has the right approach, and that it will ultimately pay off.

And, Roger, I’m sure if there is something of value that the Dodgers can use, they will be active in the free agent market. But I also believe that the long term plan is to build a farm system with a strong pipeline to feed the big league club. Puig, e.g., could be ready next year. But even he has not been able to avoid the Dodger injury epidemic. But I’m afraid that those on this site who want to see SVS called up, are going to be disappointed. Either he’s not going to get the call, or if he does, he’ll continue to show us that he’s nothing more than a good AAAA player. Feed him a steady diet of quality breaking balls (which are hard to throw in the light air of the PCL), and he will wilt.

Brooklyn, Puig is down to .279 now, and falling.

In May, he is only hitting .071.

Pederson is now at .294.

Memo to any Idiot who thinks I said Loney is better than Gonzalez or that looking back is a fool man’s wisdom:

1. Try actually reading what I wrote; and

2. It’s not foolish if you didnt like the deal at the time and I am on record that I didn’t. What is foolish is to pretend it’s not a bad deal.

Learn to read … and comprehend.

Geeeeeezzzzzz!

• Voldomer says:

Mark, this is filed under your name on August 31, 2012:

“The trade that was made was a good one. I applaud Ned for going out there and constructing a ball club to win a World Series. The only thing I would have done different was trade Zach Lee instead of RDLR but I can’t waste time talking about what should/could have been.”

• Mark_Timmons says:

Good sleuthing Vold, but that was written by Ned Sucks aka Justin Gunsalaus. His byline is at the bottom of the post. He will own up to. That wasn’t me.

Sorry!

;)

If you read it top-to-bottom, you will see that is not my style. Hashtags and all. I have never used that.

Amen to all of that Brooklyn.

“6. Loney 1B (he’s one of the top BA hitters in the AL now)” Mark Timmons

I read that.

“Correct me if I am wrong, but we started 30-17 last year without Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez and James Loney was at 1B. Am I wrong?” Jae

I read that too.

And I regurgitate, which means to repeat, anyone who thinks we were better with Loney over Gonzalez ……….

and I disagree with your premise Mark. James Loney is the only guy in that group that is currently playing Major League baseball. And though he is currently hitting well, I doubt by the end of the year he is even close to the top 10. (wanna bet?) The guys we got from Boston are all pretty good Major League baseball players. Since we are no longer impecuniously owned, I would do that trade again. And then, I’d do it one more time just to make sure everyone knows I was serious the first two times.

Beckett, one of the guys we got from Boston — what I am seeing is — he has to re-tool his approach to pitching, and be (all the time) the crafty aging major league pitcher –

– working the corners, the edges, and the weaknesses of hitters. He cannot blow hitters away. This is just the growth of pitchers as father time begins to change their body and the innings mount.

Flash -Puig is not 1 for 4 today, and hitting .286.
    Pederson hit a HR and a single.

The Padres are beating Arizona and Kennedy.

25. the truth hurts says:

We expected to get the home run hitting, San Diego AGon. What we got is a high average hitter that is declining rapidly regarding his power stroke.

The biggest false expectation to a fan base occurred in AGon’s first at bat as a Dodger, which was a home run. It was a horrible thing to happen because we thought “Agon from San Diego” was back. (you get the point-someone capable of hitting bombs day in and day out)

In hindsight, we already had the high average hitter in Loney. Our biggest complaint about Loney was his POWER. He has none. To the rescue, Adrian Gonzalez, not so much.

Dodgers vs. Giants on ESPN . . . now.

Ethier, warning track power. Roy Cey used to have that problem.

Gonzales had more RBIs last year than Loney had in the last three years.

There’s just no talking sense with some people.

So far Dodgers hitting everything at people.

Gordon with a line drive and two good fielding plays.

Three innings and already 0 for 5 WRISP.

That stat will eventually get better and we will get on a roll.

30. Bball says:

I don’t give a rats ass if Agon hits homers or not. He was driving in runs. ( about the only one to drive them in). 0 home runs and 100 RBI and I’m pleased with him.

31. Jason says:

That’s what we pay Ethier the big bucks for…

32. Bball says:

Your right badger. This team will get on a role and the same people that are bitching right now ( including me) will be singing their praises. It’s really tough to watch this team right now but I’m certain things will improve.

Me too Bball. We are hitting it on the screws tonight with nothing to show for it. That won’t continue.

See, the Big Blue Dodger in the sky must be having a battle with the Halloween-man somewhere out in space. And it is not going well out there.

34. Bball says:

Leave it to the dodgers to let Cain get his confidence back

35. Jason says:

Cain feels like Cy Young right about now.

36. Jason says:

That a boy Cruz

After watching so far — it is like the sweep is coming — and the Giants are wiping, stomping, kicking the Dodgers back side.

Only lightening in a bottle from the Dodgers can save this day.

Remember Eric K: “It’s still early.”

The sky is falling . . . there is NO Big Blue Dodger in the sky!!!

The BGD is not watching over us. He does not hear us. He is helpless . . .

That’s baseball for you. For most of the game, we had 0 hits with RISP, and many of those outs were hard hit balls.

Then we get 2 weak, seeing eye singles in the 8th and get 3 runs.

Things will even out, which is why I still believe we can make noise in this division.

40. Anonymous says:

Hey, it is 4-3 with hope in the 9th. I agree, the Dodgers hit some good shots right at people and a lot of the balls SF were hitting were getting through.

41. KEN says:

It seems as if none of the dodger batters understands that almost NO pitcher in MLB throws a “Straight Change” any more and that if the pitch is 10 mph slower than the pitcher’s fastball and it is 6 inches or less above the knee than there is a 99% probability that the pitch is not a strike. And the dodger hitters still do not understand that if a pitcher, like Romo, throws a slider 90% of the time then you do not need to swing at a pitch below the waist or on the outside corner, a right handed batter, and you just might walk on 6 pitches.

Chokers!
    Chokers!
    Chokers!
    That is our team
    Chokers!
    Chokers!
    Chokers!
    Got Heem!

Time for the dodger management to give out the following every game until the Chokers wake up. No more Bobble Heads.

42. Idaho al says:

So far in the 9th the first two ball were hit hard, but right at the center fielder and left fielder. Kemp’s fly ball was right at the center fielder. We are going to be alright. Gordon has looked good at ss. I just hope he continues to play well. Then we can move Hanley to 3rd. Move Sellers and Cruz to the minors. When Greinke comes back we will have 3 good starting pitchers. We can fill in the 4th and 5th spots with our left overs. I would also move Jansen to the closer position.

43. Rob says:

When you have three of your top five hitters injured the outcome is usually going to be a loss. I like our chances of we had two of those three back but we will never know. Already having the handicap of Donnie managing doesn’t fair well for our season.

You know, eventually some of the balls are going to start falling in. Tonight the midgets hits had seeing eyes, the Dodgers found gloves. Baseball is streaky that way. You just have to stay at it.

Gordon 2. Gordon haters 0.

45. Rob says:

I agree badger. They hit the ball hard but at people.

46. Rob says:

It was funny how the commentators commented on how Donnie was screwing up by not allowing Gordon to steal before Ryu attempted to bunt. Gordon can take 2nd without a bunt.

47. Dave says:

I agree badger , the game of baseball has a checks and balance system built in , its just how baseball is. But ive never liked the dollar play whether it was 5 mil or 300 mil were on the some train to the same destination with the same result, opinions are opinions and just that the dollars surely had a more functional yield , on a as need basis with the ability for a positive yield. Damn cards played now were all in with minimal options ! time will tell there money just a risky non flexible plan and yes just my opinion but i just dont get the play ! very risky and its a tall order to fix ! let alone not allowing youth to grow properly up at the show , there hands are tied in many areas !

48. Dave says:

injuries, injuries injuries, and bullpen demand and thats a understatement !!!!!!!

49. KEN says:

Bridge to last place?

Dodgers play AZ and the Padres play Miami. Will the dodgers be in last place by Wed night?

50. jerry says:

espn anouncher said since the dodger are not hitting for power we should be playing small ball,, and i agree..moving runners over and bunting. i dont believe kemp should be hitting in the 3or 4th spot ..he is the reason we are leaving a lot in scoring postion,

• Roger Dodger says:

Kemp should be sent to the minors on a rehabilitation assignment.

His game is not back yet.

Kemp leads the Dodger in striking out= 31 so far. That is about on par for 180 for the season.

But to be honest, there are 11 guys ahead of him in the N.L. The leader has 46 (Bruce of Cincy), Uggla has 40, Weeks at 37 . . .

What is funny. Standing at the plate, awating for a pitch, he looks mean, and ready to hit the ball over the scoreboard. But his hand to eye coordination is just not there.

Kemp does have his average up to .263 — above Ethier. But these two guys are the main reason the Dodgers are not scoring runs.

“espn anouncher said since the dodger are not hitting for power we should be playing small ball,, ”

eh what do they know. Our slg % is currently .364 which is 28th in all of baseball…….

ok, maybe small ball is not such a bad idea. Anyway we can get some runs on the board is fine with me.

51. Pete M. says:

When have we seen a farm grown products (other than pitchers)that knows how to bunt??? I know, I know, I’ve seen Maury’s Pit in ST and maybe it’s becuz these kids, like the ones I run into all over SoCal that feel that bunting will not get them to the Big Time and suffer from entitlement issues…
    Badger, Brooklyn and other, we are on the right track and we should keep going…This ownership group is commited to win, becuz plain and simple they’ll make a gazillion more $$$…

We were playing with back-ups all over the field and the midgets were at full strength. Every game was close. It WILL come together. I just know it. Have patience.

The money thing is only important if the team is losing it. The Dodgers are not likely to lose money over the next decade. Even if the Gaggonhumens flip the team, like I have read in places, who cares if they lose money. They are a financial leveraging company. They DESERVE to lose some money after what they got away with the last several years. In the mean time, the Dodgers draw millions and the t.v. contract will pay all those salaries. It’s not about the money guys. It’s about the product. Will this team be interesting? I think so once everyone gets healthy. That’s a damn good team we have. Once they start hitting, they will start winning.

Not a last place team Ken. I don’t care where they are the first week of May. Let’s see where they are at the deadline.

53. beckett_rockett says:

if dodgers can stay afloat .500 until early june, they can overcome the deficit.
    From june, they can get Greinke, Hanley, healthy Kemp.

Glad to see that Magill will be given another chance to start. One bad outing does not spoil the season. Of course there is little in reserve to replace him anyway.

1/2 game ahead of the Padres!

Lets see if Donnie T-No-Balls can make a lineup that relates to the current ability of the players.

My line up, just to really make a point and shake it up
    1. Gordon – SS
    2. Punto – 2B
    3. Crawford – LF
    4. Ellis – C
    5. Ethier – RF
    6. Kemp – CF
    7. Hairston – 1B
    8. Uribe – 3B
    9. Capuano – P

3B is no longer a problem according the MLB Stats :)

#3 YTD Punto BA .353
    #2 Last 7 days Hairston BA .467

Does MLB really think that the dodgers have 5 3B? I thought that Ned always wanted 5 2B.

There is only one 3B with a lower BA than Cruz and he has 2 ABs so I guess you know, with simple math, that his BA must be .000. This experiment is OVER.

Punto 4 for his last 16. He is probably coming down to where he will eventually arrive…..maybe .270 if all goes right for him.

I see Matt Kemp has not changed much in his approach… still got that long sweeping pull everything swing. So, if he starts connecting he might get his power stroke back. He appeared more selective the last couple of games so, that’s a good sign. Ethier will go through streaks. That’s what he has done his whole career.

I bat Crawford first, Dee second, Kemp, Gonzalez and Ethier and everybody else on the team 8th.

Capuano. Any guesses as to what he might do today? Realistically – 6 IP 4 earned. The dbacks have been on the schneid offensively. Sure hope they don’t break out of it this series. They are still the best defensive team in all of baseball, so, you have to earn it against them.

Time to break out the whoopin’ sticks. Let’s sweep the snakes!

57. Bobbie17 says:

Mattingly’s quotes about the sweep are ludicrous. I guess it’s not whether you win or lose but how you play the game. Take that one to the bank. He’s a loser as a manager. How long is the plank?

Both good articles bunny, and both are on the money.

Hey, I made a rhyme.

I thought moves were going to be made a few days ago. In particular, Ellis to the DL and bring up a stick. We have a plethora of second baseman already on this team. I think I would DFA Cruz and give Van Slyke his shot. We need a thumper, maybe he can actually find the seats for us. Kemp and Ethier sure can’t. Uribe is doing ok at third, not great, but he has been on base a few times. More than we can say for Cruz. That experiment should come to an end. He was even worser than I thought he was going to be, and you all know I thought he was a candidate for worseness.

We are close. Yeah it was a sweep. But we were in every game. A clutch hit here and there, and it’s a different outcome. Damn we miss Ramirez. And Kemp. And Ethier. And lately Gonza. I look forward to what this team can do in the future. How long will Ramirez be out?

59. Rob says:

After all of the injuries this team could have rolled over and quit but they fought back but a loss is a loss. Our rotation is in a tail spin and our batting order is less then intimidating. If we could ever get 90% of our team healthy we could string a bunch of wins together. Greinke is ahead of schedule, Hanleys hammy is not as bad as expected, Ellis should be close, and Agon will be healthy soon. I hope this adversity builds a fighters attitude in our team and please send Cruz packing. Bring someone up so our bench doesn’t look so horrible.

60. KEN says:

Only about $77 mil in salary sitting on the DL, in the minors, and deferred compensation, and another $21 mil if AGon doesn’t heal quickly. Not a good sign regarding team payroll and possibly conditioning and Karma when almost $100 mil could be on the DL by tommorrow.

I think we had 11 hits, and 8 walks, in the Friday Kershaw game, and we scored 1 run (that by Kershaw himself)

Of course we were in every game. Hell, we’ve been in just about every single game all year, but we cant manage 1 clutch hit that could swing the game our way.

Whether it’s lack of a hit with guys on 2nd and 3rd, or whether it’s because our manager doesn’t understand how to manufacture runs, we’re just missing out on big innings and big wins.

62. HemmorhoidRage says:

It’s amazing to realize the Dodgers pitchers are batting collectively at a much higher average and slugging percentage than our 3B collectively.

Crash Gordon off to a fast start, like I predicted, now can he maintain it. If he maintains it, do you take the chance of pissing off Headleeee Ramirez and putting him at 3B and leaving Crash at SS. In my opionion, there is no choice, Crash stays at SS and Headleee goes to 3B. Now, that may not be the case since Donnie Tball seems to want to be everyone’s buddy instead of their manager.

Another thing, I think the time has come for Belisario to get back on coke. Wow, sober he is destructive to the Dodgers, wired he kicks ass.

63. Jason says:

Anyone else concerned that Gonzo is getting an MRI today?
    I thought the initial report was that it was just sore?

• Bobby says:

Yes, and I have no faith that the news will be good.

It’s just how it’s been.

Im also afraid of Hanley’s hamstring’s MRI

64. bwc1963 says:

You also have to remember they were going for a new TV contract. While I agree you can make an argument that for less money they could have put together a pretty good team, the Dodgers had to make sure they had big names. Fans like big names which leads to more tickets and higher TV ratings which leads to larger TV contracts. Seeing what FOX paid I’d say it worked. Besides when everyone is healthy let’s see how things look in September.

A voice of reason.

Welcome bwc.

66. El Duderino says:

Step back from the ledge. It’s not even June yet.