- Have Donnie walk the plank;
- Send Luis Cruz and Justin Sellers to AAA; and
- Recall Dee Gordon and Alex Castellanos.
Rationale: I am no longer a Dee Gordon Booster, but now is the time. It’s only a few days until Hanley comes back from the DL – give Dee an opportunity to displace him. If Dee is lighting it up, maybe Hanley will be OK moving to 3B. Casty has speed and power and Cruz is exactly what I thought he was. Get it done!
I TOLD YOU SO:
- Jerry Sands and IDJ2 are both part time players for the Indianapolis Indians (Pirates AAA affiliate). You use to make fun of me when I suggested they be traded. It was too much to give up, blah, blah, blah.
- Carl Crawford was FAT! I was with a BoSox fan who says he looks 25 pounds lighter. In fact, he says he looks like a totally different player. He is and I am glad.
- What is happening to this team is exactly what I worried about and told you. You can’t buy heart!
Allen Webster made his MLB debut yesterday and pitched 6 innings, allowed 5 hits, 2 ER, walked 1 and K’ed 5. He allowed 2 HR.