Posted on 10 April 2013.
- The San Diego Padres handily beat their AAA Affiliate, the Lost Angeles Dodgers, 9-3 last night. The Dodgers were clearly over-matched as they had 10 hits but left 22 runners stranded. This is typical of a AAA team playing against the big club. “It’s early“, “we just didn’t have it last night“, [insert other favorite excuse here]. Big Mac has his work cut out for him with this bunch of clowns.
- Carl Crawford continues to play at an All-Star Level. He may not have had success at lead-off in the past, but he has clearly slimmed down and seems to have the mindset that he is going to be a tremendous lead-off hitter. What an asset he can be as the Dodgers lead-off hitter.
- That said, Mark Ellis is excelling at #2 where he is OPS’ing .791. He’s due for a career year. Hard worker, good guy!
- Josh Beckett clearly is in great shape. The gut is gone along with the beer in the clubhouse, but I fear he has too many miles on that arm. He may not stay in the rotation and if he doesn’t, I see him as a DFA. Roy Halliday looks shot too. Lincecum? Yikes!
- The Dodgers are evidently trying Javy Guerra as a starter. He pitched 4 innings as a starter Sunday in his first outing of the season.
- Hanley Ramirez says he is ahead of schedule. May 10th… maybe???
- I refuse to mention Juan Uribe!