Whenever a favorite player does good or bad, we often hear “Yes, but it’s early.”
I subscribe to that same thinking. You don’t need to worry about Clayton Kershaw or Matt Kemp – they will be OK… and they showed it yesterday.
You don’t worry about Adrian Gonzalez – he’ll get it done whether it be with 40 HR or 14 HR. He will be around .300 and over 100 RBI.
I also don’t think we have to worry about Andre Ethier – he’ s a lock for 30 HR! Write it down.
What I Worry About
I do worry about Carl Crawford (will he ever be healthy?), Chad Billingsley (how many success stories are there about starters who have had a partial ligament tear?), Hanley Ramirez (can he quit being a head case and start being the player he can be?), Hyun-Jin Ryu (I have questions about him in the rotation), and Zack Greinke’s elbow (I have a sinking feeling about this).
The good part is that there are options:
- No Crawford? Try Puig, Hairston, Castellanos or Herrera.
- No Billingsley? Try Capuano.
- No Hanley? Oh, that could be bad!
- No Ryu? Try Lilly or Harang.
- No Greinke? Ouch!
Things have a way of working out.
Juan Uribe? Stop! Now!
What will the bench look like?
- Dee Gordon has no shot.
- Herrera, Castellanos, Punto , Hairston, Schumaker – one won’t make it, unless Uribe does, then two won’t make it!